It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we really at war?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Do you think that the government is really at war with the Terrorists, or, that they are trying to stage conflicts around the world for their own political gain? Does the government try to stop war or merely perpetuate it? What is really going on?

Also, on the subject, I think that the government is keeping secrets from us. We know the government likes to create wars and conflicts that would keep us in a state of perpetual war that would keep us from having a state of peace.

[edit on 21-3-2008 by Frankidealist35]

[edit on 21-3-2008 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
My opinion is that war on terrorism is yet another faery tale told by US government. I just can't buy that any longer.

It's pretty ingenius as you can't just invade one country and be done with it. Just stick the terrorist label to the next country you want to invade and you have a just cause for a war at your hands. Never been easier..

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Of course we are at war...

I turn on the TV every day and see the troops and the fighting.... oh wait, no I haven't seen anything in a while...

but I do hear the reports on the radio about the fighting... on no, wait nothing on the radio either...

oh oh I know... I do see Britney on TV and lots of reality TV.

I'm as frustrated as most about the WOT. I wish it would just end.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Yes, unfortunetly we are at war, or rather more truthfully, caught in some body elses civil war. It is not a fairy tale, no, none whats so ever. To even think such saddens me..
..you are lucky to have not been there.

Too many people have died and die every day for it to be thought of any thing less than real.

Yes, the government keeps secrets, but then even family members keep secrets from each other. For what reason/s it don't matter, 90% of the time, if one don't want to hear the truth for what it is, they will refuse to beleive it any way. You can't change what some one else wants to think.

There are many more years left to be fought in Iraq, and more so yet before US Forces openly engage another nation.

There is no lack of information about what is going on, perhaps it is not as commonly reported, because of how "unpopular" it is. But then why should war ever be poplular?
If one wanted information on the war, it is only a search engine away. It's real, but not real enough if you havn't been there, only then does it become painfully real...

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Advisor perhaps you misunderstood me. My point was that US government is making it's own enemies who to fight against. There certainly is a war going on but it's US govs own making. Just my opinion.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Thing is, it's only those who are at the head of the government, the body is the people. We the people, how ever, the politicians start wars but in all reality the threat is there.

The terrorists being a threat is nothing new, they always were a threat. Not until the past decade did the US decide to get directly involved. The previous involvement was through covert forces like SEAL Team 6, Delta and other formerly hidden counter terrorism units. Only now, we have been dragged into the global conflict. It was bound to happen, we could not remain untouched by terrorism if it was let to run rampant.

Other countries have been dealing with it for many decades, it was time America opened it's collective eyes and saw what was really going on around us.

To withdraw from the Mideast, would only convince the extreamists they have won, and encourage those groups to be bolder. Perhaps we should have gotten involved sooner, but it is to late to play what if games. What more is there to do, other than stand up and try, better than sitting idly by and closing ones eyes.

If not now then when, if not in Iraq then were, always the threat will exist.
Every one has opinions, based on what they know of the subject. Having been there, I saw what good we did for those people, they need some one to stand by them and show courage. To not be bullied by Ali Baba, if not us then who.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

To add on to that, with the amount of times that that particular area of the world has been invaded and left in ruins, I really hope this time we manage to clean up the mess. If not, then people will continue going in and dieing. Keep in mind, a good part of the reason dictators keep managin to get in control over there is because of the amount of damage they take. It'd be nice if they could stand on their own legs peacefully, maybe even make off of us that actually goes to their people.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

You are assuming that what is going on in the world is not caused by the US government. I think that the US government is not there to defend ourselves from terrorism. George W Bush has clearly revealed the US government's second agenda with the war on terror.

The second agenda with the War on Terror is to try to control the American people through fear and propaganda. We want peace, but, whenever we cry for peace, and the withdrawal of our forces from Iraq, the President keeps telling us that we must stay there for the cause of "freedom". What freedom? You mean the liberation and occupation of the Iraqi people? That hardly is a freedom!

Secondly, I believe that the US government is in some control of these terrorists and their actions. I think that the there are some shady groups within the US government that deals with terrorists and coordinates their attacks. I think that if this wasn't true that there would be no way they could get this powerful. Yes, the thread of terrorism exists, but, I believe that a lot of terrorism is created by the US government.

Also, the War in Iraq is merely just a test. Once we're out of Iraq they are going to use the US army and the multinational forces of the UN for operations in other areas. We possibly may go to war with Iran and Pakistan in the future. We don't know what the elite are planning. The elite clearly have an agenda and they are trying to take advantage of the Iraq War for their own personal gain.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Generally, for there to be an actual war, you have to declare war on representative government. You can't declare war on a concept, like "terrorism." Otherwise, how would you ever know you won? Who is there to sign the peace treaty? There has been no official Declaration of War issued by the Congress, because there's nobody to serve it on.

In Afghanistan, the U.S. is there as part of a police action, limiting the actions of various warlords, keeping the peace until the country stabilizes. In Iraq, the U.S. is there as an invader, occupying the country until a sympathetic puppet regime is able to take over.

Neither of these things is an actual war. Although they're just as expensive. $$$$$$$$

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Are there troops actually fighting in the middle east? Yes.

Does the war they're fighting have any merit? No.

Is it being fought for ulterior motives related to increasing control over US citizens in the name of security? Most likely.

new topics

top topics

join