It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Discovery of Behemoth: A living breathing Dinosaur in the modern age

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldOver

There have been several thread about this animal. The Congo is an area of dense jungle, so I don't doubt that they could survive there. There was a video showing an animal, but to me, it looks like an elephant swimning in a lake.

Here is another thread with a long discussion of the dinosaurs and if they lived at the same time as man.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
This is an excellent eye witness account. I would of liked to be there myself to see this rare creature. The earth is a large place and there are still many places that man has not set foot in.

I'm sure a small number of these "extinct" dinosaurs are still alive.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
\ I collected this photograph ten years ago, it was part of a story about a dinosaur in Africa in the 1970s, the photo was labeled 70sdino. A quick check of google images didn't show any photos.

[edit on 113131p://pm3130 by debris765nju]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
The Japanese video of 1992.....same video on unexplained mysteries. google Mokele mbembe videos. Sorry i can't get the videos beyond "preview."

[edit on 023131p://pm3141 by debris765nju]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by debris765nju
The Japanese video of 1992.....same video on unexplained mysteries. google Mokele mbembe videos. Sorry i can't get the videos beyond "preview."

[edit on 023131p://pm3141 by debris765nju]

tried going to your youtube link but it said the url contained a malformed video id on the youtube page.

[edit on 7/21/2010 by scorpionxx]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by debris765nju

\ I collected this photograph ten years ago, it was part of a story about a dinosaur in Africa in the 1970s, the photo was labeled 70sdino. A quick check of google images didn't show any photos.

[edit on 113131p://pm3130 by debris765nju]
regardless of how dense the Congo is I'd think that it would be pretty hard to hide something that big. You'd think that a plane flying over at some point would see it, just by dumb luck if nothing else.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I'm not convinced, never have been. In order for the so-called Mokele-Mbembe to survive to the present, there would have to be a substantial population of them — at least hundreds and preferably thousands — simply to sustain a vital gene pool.

So, the Congo natives should have stories of whole herds of these things, swarming the lake and surrounding countryside, not just one or two. Without a rather large population, such creatures would have inbred themselves out of existence tens of millions of years ago.

For the alleged photos to exist of giant sauropods in the Congo, towering above the jungle, the total Mokele-Mbembe population would have to be large and diverse, spread out over a broad area, with several smaller, separate breeding populations that only occasionally swapped genetic material.

This cozy little community would have to exist in tranquil isolation for tens of millions of years.

Fact of the matter is, if there were enough of the Mokele-Mbembe specimens left to survive to present-day, you couldn't help but see them every time a plane flew over the Congo. They simply could not hide from view.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
M'kele Mbembe if it exists, could not be a full sized sauropod, rather it would have to be a related species. Sauropods tended to be pack animals, a herd of full sized brachisaurous would leave, pardon the pun, quite a large footprint. I could see a pygmy version existing, which could still dwarf any existing land animal, with the reproduction behavior of the the lizards another poster mentioned. That way you could have a small population that wouldn't have the gene pool issue and would explain it's lack of further evolution.

Even then it's a very hard stretch to believe the tales.........

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by thumper76

If you google Mokele mbembe videos you will find the Japanese video of mm swimming in Lake Tele. There are photographs, artwork, list of explorers and stories. The area mokele mbembe inhabits is the largest swamp on Earth, extremely hot and full of disease carrying insects. According to natives mokele mbembe spends the majority of its time underwater. It feeds on grasses underwater and plants that overhang the water. According to one story natives came upon two of the creatures trapped in a pen of sharpen sticks in the water. They killed one and ate it...they died.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
I'm not convinced, never have been. In order for the so-called Mokele-Mbembe to survive to the present, there would have to be a substantial population of them — at least hundreds and preferably thousands — simply to sustain a vital gene pool.

So, the Congo natives should have stories of whole herds of these things, swarming the lake and surrounding countryside, not just one or two. Without a rather large population, such creatures would have inbred themselves out of existence tens of millions of years ago.

For the alleged photos to exist of giant sauropods in the Congo, towering above the jungle, the total Mokele-Mbembe population would have to be large and diverse, spread out over a broad area, with several smaller, separate breeding populations that only occasionally swapped genetic material. very well put, couldn't agree more

This cozy little community would have to exist in tranquil isolation for tens of millions of years.

Fact of the matter is, if there were enough of the Mokele-Mbembe specimens left to survive to present-day, you couldn't help but see them every time a plane flew over the Congo. They simply could not hide from view.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Text
The discovery of Behemoth post stunned me!!!
I will try and explain
A couple days ago I happened to think of a newspaper article from local newspaper from decades ago smal article on front page of tespected daily newspaper with wide distribution.
The article from early 60s I believe perhaps late 50s told of a dinasaur in a deeply remote area of the congo.
Native trbe in area were well aware of it.
This was very exciting news
After waiting to hear more about i t for a while scaning national geographic and tuning i to the news nothing seemed to come of it. END OF STORY at least for 50 years or more.
Now today I got to thinking, wondering actually .. after reading another good book on Quantum Physics on a whim I googled
"Do we live in multiple dimensions at the same time"
That led to this website.
And the first posting was very much about the strange connection of thoughts and is there a higher self communicating with us from perhaps a sifferent dimension feeding us clues and direction guiding us to a higher awareness it was perfect thought provoking as were responses.
So I attempted to respond and that brought me here to this post .. I am sure I am the only one who would fully appreciate just how these two posts fit to me in a deeply personal and mind-blowing way.
I cannot quite find a short direct path to explanation but I figured it could very well mean something to someone else just as the posts I mentioned held meaning for me
Quantum physics offers the opportunity to see the world through a much different way how in the quantum world something can be in two places at the same time that electrons spin clockwise and counter clockwise at the very same time
Or entanglement wich may be thwe strangest of all
Physics tell us of multi dimensions.
Where does conciousness fit in all that perhaps we,are beginning to see.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: C.C.Benjamin
The problem with this is, if there is a multi-ton relic dinosaur population knocking around out there, there would be evidence to show it.

Huge piles of droppings, giant non-fossilised bones and carcasses, deforestation and migratory habits, etc etc.

Elephants are not sedentry creatures because they have to eat a lot, due to their massive size. If they stay in one area too long, they annihilate the plant life in the area. A sauropod population would just be worse.

What you say makes sense in theory. It's certainly what I would have thought if I didn't know better, but in reality wild elephants can (and do) stay pretty hidden. Here in South Africa there's a place called the Knysna Forest which has wild elephants. People go looking for them all the time and don't find them and the Knysna Forest really isn't that big, especially in comparison to central African jungle countries like the Congo.

When I was in school, one of the set books we had to read for Afrikaans was called 'Kringe in die bos' which means 'rings in the forest' and it was set in the Knysna Forest and also featured elusive elephants. If you want to read up more on Knysna's secret elephants, here's a link: africageographic.com...

edit on f2016xMon, 02 May 2016 01:46:56 -05002016x16 by foxroxy because: spelling

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   
the problem is that real zoologists have - in the same areas that thes alledged " dinosaurs " are supposed to hide - identified previously un documented species of mammal , insect , bird and reptile - none of which were more than 50m long

but yeah - 10m long dinosaus can only be found by religious wingnuts [ who incendentally dont find any genuine undocumented species ]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join