The Discovery of Behemoth: A living breathing Dinosaur in the modern age

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I saw this thread a few months ago, and actually know someone who used to live in the Congo (democratic republic of the congo?) haha, back when it was (or maybe it still is) ruled under Belgium control. . . This friend lives in Belgium now, and i asked him about this mekembe-mutumbo (haha i know i know, b-ball playa) whatever its called, he said there are many of legends in the area, and actually told me of some people who went looking for it and got a picture of it and sound recordings? the picture i guess wasn't too good, but the sound recording were analyzed by scientists, but the people down there in the congo believe this thing exists, and the area it exists in is very hard to travel too, mangroves, or really thick bush surround the area, and other large dangerous animals surround the area as well, but the lake he told me was huge! It's kind of like our nessies and ogopogo, but he also told me a weird statistic, that i never heard before,about the Continent of Africa has less "wild land" than north america does. . . the figures were something like 26 % in Africa to 32 % in N. America, if anyone has these figures, it would be interesting. . .

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Mokele Mbembe:
About 20 years ago I whas blown away by the book written by
Dr. Roy P. Mackal. His book "A living dinosaur" The search for Mokele-Mbembe (ISBN 9004085432) made me travel to Congo myself.
Not to go for a search but to talk to people mentioned in the book and try to figure out what would be needed for a expedition into the swamps of the Likouala regions.

Is there a population of sauropods in the congo bassin? Are there other (big) animals unknown to western science? Very well possible.

A serious expedition is very expensive. I think one day somebody who is crazy enough to travel trough the swamps for months and months will videotape the animals.
Its dangerous territory: climate, terrain, diseases, animals but most of all the people. I had nasty encounters with the soldiers and people of Brazzaville.

What you really need is a basecamp/water airplane/gouvernment coorporation and some good people with a lot of time.
Also for those of you who wanna go, I think Cameroun is safer to travel and maybe also Mokele Mbembe territory.
Dont travel alone as I did, its to dangerous.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by John_Q_Llama
reply to post by geologist

No, I think you're right about eggs. But I don't think there is a way to avoid DNA problems that arise as a result of inbreeding. The only thing that puzzles me, and this was mentioned in an earlier post, is asexual creatures. Are they exempt from such defects? I'm assuming that DNA works the same for all creatures though. For all we know the dinosaurs, Behemoth included, could have had some other mechanics at work with their reproduction, or perhaps if such a beast was alone or with a small group it would trigger reproductive processes that allow for healthy offspring. also, there have been reports of certain female animals giving birth without being around a male, so I would not be surprised if such a thing happens in nature as a survival mechanism.
Yea,thats exactly what they did in "Jurassic Park",became asexual or changed sex.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Wh iptail Lizard

In a room within the musky, dimly-lit basement of the J.T. Patterson Laboratories Building, rows of cages containing female Desert Grassland Whiptails line the walls. No males are present, because no males exist.

Former conceptions of societal norms have already been broken by the prevalence of single-parent families. Now, these revolutionary reptiles are redefining gender roles by removing males from the reproductive process entirely.

The Whiptail lizard, Cnemidophorus uniparens, is an all-female species that reproduces through a process called parthenogenesis, which results in offspring genetically identical to the mother...

... Because this species reproduces by cloning itself, each member of the species is genetically identical, Crews said.

"They are unisexual, all-female clones," said Crews, who has studied the Grassland Whiptail since 1978. He said only 15 unisexual lizard species exist in nature.

[edit on 29/3/08 by GBBumblebee]

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

I was bought out I was gonna get paid some else offered to buy his slot so I stayed home. The head of security for the expedition called and tole me.. we were Army buds back then.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Thanks for the post its good to come back to a sense of awe and wonder at the mysteries. and yes beauty in this world after researching all of the NWO stuff
I kind of lost my center.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jbmitch

So did you have to pay to go?Or did you get paid?

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   
never really got why people take cryptids like mokel mble and things like manufactured devices as proof against evolution, suriving dinos don't disprove evolution, and artifacts a few million years old don't either, humans could be older than originally thought, or some other non human race existed back then to create them.

anyway, if your going to have a population of surviving dinosaurs still around for any length of time and not be discovered yet, the congo would be a good place

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by C.C.Benjamin
The problem with this is, if there is a multi-ton relic dinosaur population knocking around out there, there would be evidence to show it.

Huge piles of droppings, giant non-fossilised bones and carcasses, deforestation and migratory habits, etc etc.

Elephants are not sedentry creatures because they have to eat a lot, due to their massive size. If they stay in one area too long, they annihilate the plant life in the area. A sauropod population would just be worse.

MM is probably not a Sauropod. A white explorer described a monster reptile that was reddish in color eating a Rhino. Perhaps it is remote locations like this where the "dragons" believed in by every human culture since the dawn of civilization now hide. I doubt the natives ever killed such a beast. The bones would have certainly been preserved as trophies if they had. Even natives are capable of spinning tall tales, in fact it is one of their favorit pastimes.

If they are intelligent creatures as the legends make them out to be, they could very easily hide their droppings, and come out of hiding only at night. It may not be wise to take a picture of one if you had the opportunity, unless you came there in a tank.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
What do people think the Congo jungle is? a goldfish bowl?
It is one huge area with impenetrable jungle with very very very few human beings and we have the nerve to assume that if there were Dinosaurs there we would see them easily. Come on people use your common sense. Elephants can walk up within a few feet of a human being and not be heard. Animals are clever, they know how to move silently and efficiently if they want to avoid humans. Hiding in the Congo Jungle is too easy for a dinosaur.
There are no dinosaurs hiding in Manhattan but in remote parts of the world? Yes i am 110% certain they do.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on any of this but hasn't anyone considered that it might be a previously undiscovered species of dino? or that maybe the thing has evoled to fit into the enviorment better? and does anyone really know how long one of these things live for? it could be just one that has survived all this time or maybe they only reporduce near the end of there life span. this is just some stuff to think about I could be wrong on this but I thought I'd add my 2 cents to the thread.

[edit on 6/20/2008 by scorpionxx]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by jkrog08

There's also the problem that the Mokole Mbembe, as described, does not mesh with any of the Sauropod dinosaurs, However, it does mesh well with the early 20th-century idea of Sauropods - swamb-dwelling tail-dragging, erect-necked doofuses - which was the influence of the pulp novels that gave rise to the Mokole-mbembe.

Last i checked, tribes in those jungles aren't too privy to those 20th century pulp novels.

Originally posted by TheWalkingFoxActual sauropods were land-dwelling creatures of open spaces with horizontal necks, for the most part. The brachiosaurids with the erect necks were all immense, and would not be easily missed - We could start by following hte huge swaths of trampled land they would leave in their wake, being herd creatures.

Where are these actual sauropods you're collecting this information from?

[edit on 6/20/2008 by JPhish]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 04:47 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
For those of you that have no idea of the size of Africa: strangemaps.wordpress.com...

The Congo, where this beast is said to be, is the 13th largest country in the world in land size.

What's funny is how scientists try to say that what people have described is an elephant or a hippo. Trust me, if you lived in Africa, you would MOST CERTAINLY be able to discern what is or is not a hippo if you lived in areas where hippos lived. Your very life would depend on it. People that can't discern what is and isn't a hippo don't live long enough to breed. Here's another little tidbit to show just how important it is to be able to spot hippos. Steve Irwin, the crocodile hunter, was once asked if he was ever afraid. He said that the only time he was ever afraid was when they had to cross a river that was filled with hippos. This, from a man that used to "wrestle" crocodiles for fun and profit.
That should tell you how dangerous hippos are, and how much the natives in the area would want to be able to discern a hippo from a floating log, or anything else for that matter. No, I can assure you that if hippos live in the area, people native to that area know EXACTLY what they look like in any and all circumstances. Oh, another interesting note. The natives say that this thing is found where there AREN'T any hippos, because it drives them off! Crocodiles don't even drive off hippos!

What's also funny is how "scientists" dismiss the Book Of Job when it talks about behemoth. The Book Of Job is said to be one of the oldest books of the bible.

Job 40:15-24

15Behold now behemoth, which I made with thee; he eateth grass as an ox. 16Lo now, his strength is in his loins, and his force is in the navel of his belly. 17He moveth his tail like a cedar: the sinews of his stones are wrapped together. 18His bones are as strong pieces of brass; his bones are like bars of iron. 19He is the chief of the ways of God: he that made him can make his sword to approach unto him. 20Surely the mountains bring him forth food, where all the beasts of the field play. 21He lieth under the shady trees, in the covert of the reed, and fens. 22The shady trees cover him with their shadow; the willows of the brook compass him about. 23Behold, he drinketh up a river, and hasteth not: he trusteth that he can draw up Jordan into his mouth. 24He taketh it with his eyes: his nose pierceth through snares.

Does an elephant or hippo have a "tail like a cedar"? No, they have tails like flyswatters. Read that description, and ask yourself "Does this sound like a hippo or elephant? Can a hippo "draw up (the river) Jordan into his mouth?"

The size of the current beast in question is not as large as what we would think. They describe it as being about 20 feet tall. So, in other words it's only about 1/2 again as big as an elephant. Want to see something with a tail that "sways like a cedar"? Watch the movie "Jurassic Park", and take note when they very first see the dinosaurs. Watch the tails, and see if that doesn't remind you of a "swaying cedar".

The area this thing is said to inhabit is as large as the State of Florida. It is stated by their own government that 80% is unexplored.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
People are questioning whether an animal of this size, or a family of them could exist in the African jungles.

It was just in the news recently that a new 'uncontacted' tribe was found in the Amazon, and they believe their is 'hundreds more' to be found. Now don't quote me on this but the Amazon is probably more explored than the dense jungles in the Congo and Cameroon etc.

So why couldn't a small family of these animals exist?

When you look at just how VAST an area where it is claimed this creature lives, theres every chance you could hide Great Britain in that area without it being found for thousands of years. Also, just look at how much of the picture above is dense green jungle!

[edit on 10/7/08 by Liamoville]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Just because you find an animal that hasnt changed from millions of years ago, doesnt disprove evolution. It just means that maybe the animal has adapted perfectly to their environment and hasnt needed change. I think thats whats happened to Mokele Mbembo or whatever it is(I thought I could remember the name, darn). It hasnt needed change and is perfectly adapted to this place, which is also why it might be so hard to find.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldOver

Dear Sir.
I know that everthing that you have posted is the truth. I know a man who has a copy of the sound of Mokele-Mobembe roaring. His name is Dr. Kent Hovind. His website is www.drdino.com. I suggest that you check this site out. I have investigated the possibility of dinosaurs still existing for many years, and am convinced it is true.

Dr. Shadmann Tanz. Phd

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

i am upp for it too!
just e-mail me when ur ready!
LeighAnneH93@yahoo.com
ill be upp for itt... =)

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
*nods* M'kele Mbembe is very well known in most cryptozoological circles. I believe the OP as well. It's no different from how many Scottish would bet their lives on the existence of Nessie, or how many in the Western USA would do the same for Bigfoot.

Although Mbembe is less well-known, that does not make it any less real.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I do believe that there are ancient creatures still lurking around in this world. All I have to say is you dont need proof to know if something exists or not. Just because you dont have enough proof to convince urself something exists doesnt mean it doesnt exists, ur just simply ignorant of its existance because of your self requirements. Also why show evidence to the public if theyll just dismiss it and not believe it even if its right in front of them?

new topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join