It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Discovery of Behemoth: A living breathing Dinosaur in the modern age

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Gather 'round While I tell you of an account I once heard from the man himself, who had investigated the jungles of Africa and FOUND a living breathing dinosaur. This professor took his story and his piece of evidence around the country giving seminars, and I was priveleged enough to go to one when I was a kid. I have not been able to find him, his name, or his story since, but I KNOW that Behemoth is a well known crypto to this day, and that a supposed Japanese photographer has a photograph. The Behemoth resides in a lake in the Congo (I believe) and the locals refer to this Dinosaur as Li'kele-bembe. I will dig up more info on this cryptid if I can.

First to begin the story: a familiar question opted by another thread:

Could man live with dinosaur? YES. And probably HAS and probably IS CURRENTLY living with dinosaurs on this planet. They are rare specimens but the accounts are there.

We see these creatures and we call them sea monsters, or we hear about them from native lore, (the thunderbird, the behemoth). Certain species did survive extinction of the Dinosaurs, Alligators, Turtles... we know this.

But according to the man I heard, there are probably rare specimens that have been alive, and may still be alive.

I once went to a conference of a man who went to see the African Pygmies about their local monster. It was 'Behemoth' - it was a giant dinosaur. When showed a picture of a Brontosaurus (now a Bracchiosaurus (sp?) they said that was Behemoth. In fact, they were so certain that the Bracchiosaurus was their Behemoth that they demanded to know how the western people knew of it...

So they claimed a massive Dinosaur was living in their jungle. They would hear it at night time and it lived in a particular lake that was forbidden to them for a whole generation.

Well, this guy and a small crew of locals and one of his friends went in to the jungle. They approached the lake where the monster was. The locals would go no further. So he and his friend set up camp. They boated out onto the lake and let the water still.

After fifteen minutes, a massive head rose out of the water and looked at them. It was a Dinosaur. They fumbled for their cameras while shouting in excitement and the thing slowly submerged. They paddled back to shore as fast as they can - about to have a heartattack. The camera had no footage except the shaky water after the Behemoth submerged. They were devastated, but hoped to see it again.

They didn't see the thing for another full day. The conditions were miserable (mosquitos, humidity and heat). Basically, they were risking sickness and predators in an area far from help. They knew they couldn't stay long.

They were spending their last night in the area, when they awoke in the middle of the night. The Behemoth was crashing through the forest nearby and bellowing. The man grabbed his audio recorder and pressed record.

He played for us that recording. Whatever the creature was, it was enormous. After every bellow, you could hear a 'clack'. You could hear trees creaking under stress, then cracking and slamming on the ground. You could hear the steps of the Behemoth, it sounded like massive boulders being dropped onto the ground from an inch up. The sounds of this thing bellowing totally washed out all the background noise of the jungle, (which at night, is VERY noisy). The Behemoth walked about like this for a full 3 minutes before 'disappearing' (possibly entering the lake.)

The man took the audio tape back to America and it was examined by several different colleges and professionals: IT WAS AUTHENTIC. No editing was done to the tape, no tampering could be found, and no animal or possible hoax could explain the frequencies present within the Behemoths recording... This was no man made tape, this was not an animal familiar to modern science. And the 'clacking' which followed every bellowing roar was determined to be the sound of the Behemoths massive jaws closing.

This was and is the only modern account I know of where a person saw a dinosaur and had evidence. I have not seen this man or heard of him sense... but the lecture was amazing and apparently he went all around the country sharing this story. : PEOPLE SIMPLY DID NOT BELIEVE HIM. Even AFTER having heard the tape.

The idea that a gigantic Dinosaur was actually alive in the Jungles of Africa seems almost too fanciful and too perfect a setup for a Hollywood movie. But my friends on ATS, I do believe it was reality.

This man had everything to lose and nothing to gain from sharing this groundbreaking experience, and I am afraid he both gained nothing and lost everything for sharing it. In any event, I wanted to share it with you. I wish with all my heart that recording had made its way to the internet, but if it did, it gained no notoriety and is impossible to find. I have also failed to ever recall the mans exact name or find mention of him. But his story is still amazing to me. And I will never forget hearing that tape.

[edit on 21-3-2008 by NewWorldOver]

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   

After searching for photos of 'mokele mbembe' (a loose translation of the Behemoth as it is known) I finally found this picture. It was taken by a Japanese photographer during a helicopter flyover of the lake. I could swear I had seen a much better frame out there which showed the massive body ... but I cannot find it.

There are ALOT of expeditions to find the Behemoth and most of them failed. I come across alot of stories for these expeditions and still cannot find the man who shared with us his account. His was the real success story, but because BBC was not funding him, it never got proper recognition.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Response to M’kele Mbembe, Part I

Sir (or Madam), at the risk of being called a complete fool and idiot, I will state that I believe you.

M'kele Mbembe is well known among cryptozoologists and those who are interested in their bodies of work.

I've never heard a word about this success story, but I'm not surprised. Who was it that said, "The basements of the world's universities and museums are filled to overflowing with anomalies, hidden there because they give the lie to all the favored theories of evolution"?

One of my favorite stories of Mkele is the one where Congolese -- I think Congolese. Well, they were from that area -- tribesmen described to (I think) famous cryptozoologist Bernard Heuvelmans their encounter with the beast. They were on the lake where it dwelled when it emerged from the waters and attacked them. They fought the beast long and hard, using spears and whatever else was at hand. Not surprisingly, the battle lasted hours. When it was over, the tribesmen had won and Mkele was dead. In celebration, they roasted and ate some of the meat, as was customary.

Here's what rang so true to me: the tribesmen admitted that eating the meat made them violently ill! They wouldn't do it again.

How 'bout the paleontologist who became singularly disenchanted when he was in the field with colleagues. They came across a rock outcropping, which was supposedly 125 million or so years old. Looking at it, he saw that a fossilized tree was on the top layer, and its roots spread all the way down toward the bottom layer. He realized that the tree would have to be *millions* of years old, if the dating of the rocks was correct. He pointed this out to his colleagues, asking how they explained it. They ignored him, and refused to discuss the matter. He decided then and there he’d look into the theory of intelligent design a little more closely. That’s how disillusioned he became!

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Well this intrigued me so i did a Google search on it, after a few pages of results i came across this site.

the main reason i posted this is because of the names at the bottom of the site which i thought might be the person you are looking for.

EDIT: Wikipedia page

Roswell.

[edit on 22-3-2008 by roswell1]

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
NewWorldOver,

If you truly believe this, what actions are you taking to fly out to Africa, and do an expedition yourself?

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   

I will dig up more info on this cryptid if I can.

In progress on that effort?

Any updates on the name of the man who went around Africa doing seminars?

Do you have any guesses on which jungle in Africa it was?

If so, what do you think about using satellite imaging software on those jungles? Surely a huge dinosaur might just be caught? I've caught much smaller things before with Google Earth

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Response to M'kele Mbembe, Part II

Or how 'bout the human footprint found next to the therapod print? NO! I'm not talking about the track in Texas that turned out to be a therapod following some brachiosaurs. I'm talking about the human footprint found following some large, dangerous meat-eater, like a Utah Raptor. How were they so sure it was human? Because they could see the lacing around the moccasin print. It's buried in some museum somewhere, and its existence is denied. As is the iron bell found by coal miners -- in a vein of coal supposedly "300 million" years old. Oh, we could go on, couldn't we?

But why bother? We're dismissed as ignorant, stupid, fools and worse. They've got the big guns: all the universities, museums, "scientists", and media have the general populace in their thrall. They say, "Such and such is 300 million years old", and no one even THINKS to ask, "How do you know how old it is?" Everyone assumes they must know, it must be true. It's what, in medieval times, was referred to as "auctoritee": knowledge handed down by authority, never to be questioned. And we think we've come so far! Instead of the tyranny of the Church, we have the tyranny of Science. Geez -- what an improvement.

Know how they know how old a fossil is? From the age of the rocks it's found in. Know how they know the age of those same rocks? From the age of the fossils they find in them.

See a problem here? Really?! You must be an idiot -- THEY don't see any problem, and THEY know everything. After all, they're SCIENTISTS.

My husband is a Math Ph.D. He tells me that there are people who ARE scientists, and there are people who merely DO science, sort of, but they AREN'T scientists, not really. Dawkins fits that bill, for example. He DOES science -- that is, he has an agenda, to which science is subservient. Science goes wherever HE leads. But Einstein, Galileo, Newton -- THEY were scientists. They went wherever She led. These people, to whom we all make such humble obescience, wouldn't know real science if it bit them in the aft end. So, how is the layman to know what to believe? He can't -- and that's what they count on, my friends.

It's time to add a new word to our vocabulary: scientism. As in, "Evolution isn't science, it's scientism." Just another ism, like Protestantism, Catholicism, or Atheism. It too has an agenda, and requires just as much faith. But since they cloak it in the mantle of "science", we mere fools down here dare not question it. IT'S SCIENCE! It must be true! Do not look at the man behind the curtain . . .

And remember, if you do dare question anything, you'll be dismissed as a complete idiot, unworthy of the merest response! They've sold us The Big Lie -- say something long enough, loud enough, monopolize all discussion, and everyone will eventually believe it, whether it's true or not. That's all Big Brother needs.

It doesn't matter how many little people like us cry, "The emperor has no clothes!" The Big Lie has the big guns, and it has won. We're dismissed as illiterate cranks and fools, who know nothing of "science" as they define it (what we now call scientism). They have no idea what to make of people like my spouse, who has a doctorate in Mathematics -- so they ignore him, and pretend he, and people like him, don't exist . . .

Haven't you noticed how they say only fools believe in Christ (or God, or Allah)? Only idiots believe in a creator? Only morons think strange things, like M'kele, exist? Only r-tards think that there are other dimensions (even though quantum mechanics is coming to that conclusion), that the paranormal happens?

Those things are not SCIENTIFIC! Ah, yes, SCIENCE. Wisdom begins and ends with you.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by L4venderBlu3
Instead of the tyranny of the Church, we have the tyranny of Science. Geez -- what an improvement.

Oh we still very much have a tyranny from both

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by L4venderBlu3

Or how 'bout the human footprint found next to the therapod print? NO! I'm not talking about the track in Texas that turned out to be a therapod following some brachiosaurs. I'm talking about the human footprint found following some large, dangerous meat-eater, like a Utah Raptor. How were they so sure it was human? Because they could see the lacing around the moccasin print. It's buried in some museum somewhere, and its existence is denied. As is the iron bell found by coal miners -- in a vein of coal supposedly "300 million" years old. Oh, we could go on, couldn't we?

But why bother? We're dismissed as ignorant..

I promise I won't dismiss it right away if you provide links to support the things you just mentioned. I'd love to see that backed up. Any ongoing ATS threads on any of those?

Especially what's in bold as that is the most relevant to this thread.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   
The last Monsterquest was there I believe, many witnesses supposedly had seen "mokele mobembe" while crusing the swamps Josh thought he saw one- turned out to be a hippo.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   
The problem with this is, if there is a multi-ton relic dinosaur population knocking around out there, there would be evidence to show it.

Huge piles of droppings, giant non-fossilised bones and carcasses, deforestation and migratory habits, etc etc.

Elephants are not sedentry creatures because they have to eat a lot, due to their massive size. If they stay in one area too long, they annihilate the plant life in the area. A sauropod population would just be worse.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   
This lake that the creature supposed live in, how large it is?

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by C.C.Benjamin
The problem with this is, if there is a multi-ton relic dinosaur population knocking around out there, there would be evidence to show it.

Huge piles of droppings, giant non-fossilised bones and carcasses, deforestation and migratory habits, etc etc.

Elephants are not sedentry creatures because they have to eat a lot, due to their massive size. If they stay in one area too long, they annihilate the plant life in the area. A sauropod population would just be worse.

No,your wrong thre would not be easy viewed evidence,do you know how massive and unexplored the dense jungles are,esspecially in Africa.So it would be VERY easy for a large unknown animal to exsist w/o us knowing,we are finding new things every day,both in the ocean and land.There is no "deforrestation"in that part of Africa,atleast not to the extent to encroach on the habitat of the deep jungle.As for bones and carcasses-are you kidding?There are many,many,many animals,insects that would completly destroy any evidence within at most a few weeks.Also "migratory" habits ,may have changed since this is an isolated species it would have to adapt to a new enviroment much different then its ancesters was +65,000,000 years ago.I have always been interested in this topic of dinosaurs not being completly extenct,infact as a young kid(in 7th grade)(I am now 21)I wanted to go on expeditions to search,obvioussly I couldnt,but if the OP does want to go I for one am with him and will help him search!Call it Jurassic Park fascination or whatever-lol.I would like to hear more about these pics and scientist associated with "behemoth".I am aware of the story but not any newer evidence,so please share what yall can.thanks!

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Was the man you were talking about Rory Nugent?

And the lake I believe you are reffering to is Lake Tele

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Could this be the guy your talking about?

Another encounter involved Herman Regusters from Seattle during the September of 1981, when he led his own expedition into the Congo. Through his binoculars, he observed an animal that "appeared to have a slender neck about 6 feet long, a small head and about 15 feet of back." He estimates that a counterbalancing tail would put the creature's length at about 30 to 35 feet long. He never saw the body, legs, or tail. One way to rationally explain cases of this sort would be an elephant. The elephant swims by being mostly submerged with its trunk held above the water so the animal can breathe. It is entirely plausible that the trunk could be mistaken for a neck. Herman Regusters, however, disagrees. "It certainly was much larger than an elephant."

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   

His story has a twist that does not differ much from Marcellin Agnagna's. He shot 23 rolls of film, all of which came underexposed, because of jungle conditions. This is more believable, however. The jungle is moist and a rough place to be, leading to a more plausible excuse. But, he did not return completely empty-handed. With him, he carried droppings, casts of footprints, and even sound recordings of the alleged Mokele-mbembe.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
This report you speak of, OP, is actually not as rare as you would believe. I have read the exact same story, word-for-word verbatim, in several larger books on Cryptids and mysterious creatures, as well as on several websites.

The creature is fairly well known to people with an interest in the bizzare mysteries of the world, as is the account of which you speak. But, like all accounts of this nature, Where is the evidence for the general public?

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by C.C.Benjamin

This guy is right. How old do you suppose this creature is? about 50 million years or so? If not, then where is it's mommy and daddy, and their mommy and daddy? There has to be at least 3 of these creatures living today, or having lived there recently. And a sustainable population of these creatures would be much larger.

To those that think it's out there: Are we to believe that a long line of these creatures has finally led to one last survivor which is there today? Or would you suggest there's quite a few out there?

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Sovereign797-
This guy is right. How old do you suppose this creature is? about 50 million years or so? If not, then where is it's mommy and daddy, and their mommy and daddy? There has to be at least 3 of these creatures living today, or having lived there recently. And a sustainable population of these creatures would be much larger.

Like I said the jungle is vast and big,a small family could go unnoticed in the deep jungles of the world,esspecially Africa.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by D.E.M.
This report you speak of, OP, is actually not as rare as you would believe.

The creature is fairly well known to people with an interest in the bizzare mysteries of the world, as is the account of which you speak. But, like all accounts of this nature, Where is the evidence for the general public?

that mumbo-jumbo-mebeke- or whatever creature... is Just 'Legend'
now for a real life living relic lok firt to Crockidiles, Allagators...
then point to the Komodo (dragon) a type of monitor lizard.

news.softpedia.com...

(a very brief, 4 short paragraph, summary of these beasts...)
Not a very sensational piece, but there isn't a real time Jurassic Park
either... so we must settle for what is actually real

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join