It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Like Eggs

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I like scramblin some eggs up with ground breakfast sausage, then throwin some firejack cheese on them and slapping'em into a soft taco with hotsauce too...BAM!

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I love eating egg -- runny to scrambled! Once in awhile I like mashing up the hard boiled egg and mixing that with rice and garlic salt. It's something 'Maw' fed us during our childhood and is similar to deviled eggs, only without the mayonnaise.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I like eggs!

I even like egg salad sandwiches if the egg salad is made right and of course, it should be on toast.

[edit on 25-3-2008 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Don't even get me started, I love eggs. I make some type of eggs for breakfast every saturday morning for the family. Usually it's just runny eggs with sausage or bacon and toast. My other favorites include scrambled eggs with lots of cheese and a little ketchup and the ultimate egg sandwiches with an egg on a grand buscuit with meat and cheese.

Delicious!

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   
When I was a kid, my grandfather used to have a softboiled egg each morning in a wooden egg cup. It was really neat and had a knit cap that you put on the egg to keep it warm and it looked like a little man wearing a hat.

Not sure what happened to it, but would be cool to have it. I've eaten many a soft boiled egg out of it back then.

Who here among us didn't try this a couple times? :

(Truth is the best method is to have a fertilized egg; alas, the dangers of Salmonella are not easily ignored, though thought to be 1:30,000 eggs.)

The best regime for eating eggs, many diet gurus say is to make the proportions 1 yolk for every two whites, or maybe 1:3. There's a lot of cholesterol and fat in a yolk, so for calorie reduction while still getting plenty of protein, it's best to cut back on the yolk.

Egg is considered as one of the most perfect foods and protein quality is based on egg protein. It's called BV or Biological Value

Nutritional breakdown:
...........................................Cals...Fat...Carb...Prot
Egg, white only, cooked............16......0......0......3
Egg, yolk only, cooked..............61......5......0......3
................................Totals....77......5......1......6

[edit on 26-3-2008 by Badge01]

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
This is the Mother of all egg scenes. This is the shrine where all egg eaters worship.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Did ya ever try a volcano egg?

Take one egg and separate the yolk from the white.
Beat the white part until it makes a peak.
Butter a slice of bread and place the white foamy egg part
on the bread. It should look like a mountain.lol
Using a teaspoon makeshift an area (on the top) the size for a yolk.
Place the perfect (none broken) yolk in the hole you just made.
Bake in oven at about 350 degrees, until somewhat firm
and the white stuff has a slight golden color.
Don't over-cook the yolk, it has to run down the mountain.
Like lava in a volcano!

[edit on 3/26/2008 by MountainStar]

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Whaaa....nice. Truly the best scene involving eggs in movie history! Damn he ate a lot of eggs.

edit to add: when I was younger (college days) we used to put eggs in microwave ovens and cook them until they exploded. Not too nice for the owner of the micowave the next day, but DAMN if it wasn't a good time watching those eggs explode. Better than shooting rats at the dump!

[edit on 26-3-2008 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I like my eggs scrambled mostly, with a bit of ketchup thrown in for good measure. When it comes to omelette's, I love mine with fried onions, cheese, mushrooms and bits of bacon and sausage mixed in with it for good measure. Along with wheat toast and butter with homefries and a pot or two of coffee during and a newspaper to read afterwards.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Eggs Benedict with homemade hollandaise sauce and some extra English muffins for dipping, maybe a bloody mary to go with them. I actually had them recently were the Canadian bacon was replaced with smoked salmon and it was fantastic. Now I want breakfast.....

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Unfortunately, science can prove that it is very unlikely that "Luke" could actually eat 50 eggs.

First he'd run out of saliva. Then, his stomach would fill up.

Fifty eggs occupies about 3 liters, and most stomachs can't stretch out that far.

Good scene, though.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
If my boy says he can eat 50 eggs; he can eat 50 eggs.

I can eat 5 egg McMuffins/w cheese and wash it all down with with a liter of 7up and still dance the Mambo till 4am.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Hmmm this sounds like a challenge for a rainy day..
What's for pudding afterwards though?

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
What's for pudding? I don't know why but that line cracks me up!

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 04:39 AM
link   
what does "eggs over easy" actually mean. I hear this so many times on the tv, but have always wondered. Sunny side up obviously means yolk side up, but "over easy"?
Someone?

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by geek101
what does "eggs over easy" actually mean. I hear this so many times on the tv, but have always wondered. Sunny side up obviously means yolk side up, but "over easy"?
Someone?

In theory, said egg is to be lightly fried on both sides with out breaking the yolk. If you break the yolk, then it wasn't "over easy" and you just blew the order and need to pile on the hash browns to cover the mistake that you inadvertently made "fried egg"

A dog will eat a "fried egg" and never complain. In the fancy restaurants, when someone orders "over easy" and you try to pass off a fried egg on them; could be hell to pay.

With Huevos Rancheros you can order "over easy" but if the cook breaks the yolk; you never know it because they just pile on more cheese and chili.

At home I like to break a couple eggs in a bowl, toss in a few left overs, ladle on a little gravy and put in the microwave for 2.22 min. Dash of Tabasco and eat with a spoon. ummmm....

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
OMG! Jen and I like the same kind of eggs! Something else we have in common, besides dressing cats up in clothes when we were kids.
I also like chili rellenos. Everyday I have 2 eggs for breakfast, with tofu, peas and cheese. I can go all day on that, and not eat anything until evening. Like a camel with water.

I just bought two of those silicon egg poachers. I'll see how good they work, and if clean up is easy.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I used to love eggs sunny-side up until recently. I started to think about what they really were and I started to get sick

I still can eat them scrambled though and over hard. I love mine with a side of bacon and Hash Browns and a cup of black coffee. Man, I think I might make a quick run to Denny's.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Three super-runny eggs over a whole can of corned beef hash w/ two pieces of wheat bread, each piece with a ton of Country Crock on it. Throw a couple of slices of American cheese on top of the hash right after it comes out of the pan.

You can't go wrong with any of the egg dishes at Brennan's in New Orleans either.

Peace

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Oh, yeah, Dr Love! Oh, yeah, Dr Love! I think I'll take it without the cheese, however.

MrD won't eat eggs for dinner, says they're for breakfast. Where I came from, we ate them breakfast, lunch, OR dinner. Are we in two camps on this thread? A breakfast-only camp and another group who will eat eggs anytime?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join