It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Candidates' passport files breached

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Candidates' passport files breached

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON - At least four State Department workers pried into the supposedly secure passport files of presidential contenders Hillary Rodham Clinton, Barack Obama and John McCain, abashed officials admitted Friday in a revelation that had Condoleezza Rice promising a full investigation and telephoning the candidates to personally apologize.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.news.com.au
www.news.com.au

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Breach Of Obamas Passport files leads to firing at State Department
Obama demands probe over passport breach

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Well is now appears as though all the candidates had their privacy breached and not just obama.

I guess not even future presidents are safe from Big Brother.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Passport information breached? So what? Yes, I know....this is an invasion of one's individual privacy and that is, indeed, important. To that end, I am certainly in favor of a thorough investigation. In the meantime, however, I have to ask 'so what if passport information was breached'?

What information can be found in a record of one's passport? : Full name, birth date, parents' names, maiden names, birth-places and a thorough record of one's travel itineraries. So what? Like this information isn't already known by the media or other sources? Like we don't already know Hillary Clinton's background? McCain's?

OK, there is still a bit of interest surrounding Barrack Obama and his background, his travel history. Still, the information that can be gleaned from the passport record pales in comparison to a yearly income tax report and, to be frank, most public figures serving at the level that the presidential candidates are at already make their financial records available (for the most part).

In my opinion, aside from the issue of 'invasion of privacy' there really isn't much to this story. Could this be just a bit of 'blue smoke and mirrors'? Yet another distraction from the real issues?

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
IF it was just one candidate, it would be a big story. With everyone involved, it's just some people being stupid and being caught.

I hope they charge these contract employees with Privacy Act violations and put these confidential jobs back into the hands of overpaid bureaucrats that were probably let go from Al Gore re-inventing the government. I was a DOD Clintonite that was cut in 1999 from downsizing. I'm over it...almost.

new topics

top topics

join