It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Atheists Air Brushing History?

page: 78
<< 75  76  77    79  80  81 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Sounds as if it would be a "One-sided" belief scenario to me, I don't believe in any of that stuff, dealing with a higher power or almighty, omnipotent creator anyway.
There are no true evidence's, you just believe they are, the proof that is so wanted to justify your particular belief system or ethics, it wouldn't impress me either way.
I am usually watching the tube or reading articles that either falsify religion, or back it. There will never be an end to any of it, only an end to us, we all die sooner or later, then you will know for sure.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Allred5923

so you aren't interested in my research?

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I suppose you could say that , if you think that there would be anything to convince me that there is a proof positive artifact or some kind of physical evidence that would be of any significance not just to the world , but to the arguments here on ATS, "Bring it on."
But I am sure it will be the same research presented by many others, and the work is always done by someone that is a religious person , or a believer of some sort of higher power.
For the most part, I am happy being who I am and I don't really want to waist your time either.
But feel free to post your research for the others that are interested, nothing wrong with sharing.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

So, what's your prerogative here, or point for that matter?

what if i told you that i could prove to you with ancient texts and artifacts, archaeological discoveries and a bit of sleuthing, that these were real
events and real "beings"?
I'd say your standard of truth is different from mine. I trust what men write about as much as I trust what they say. Is there any book or document or artifact in existence believed to be crafted directly by God? The Torah,Bible,Qur'an and others are written by men. Doesn't meet my truth qualifications. It's cool if it meets yours though, that's fine by me. As long as you're not trying to exert some power over me or make any assumptions about me, everything is gravy.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
this is probably not the right place to post it. not sure where to post it, to be honest. any suggestions?

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

undo....there is something larger than we can imagine.

Some wish to call it a 'God'. That is their perogative. When it is ascribed, as a 'god', then it is prayed to, and 'preached' about....then, the baloney begins, because the 'flock' is told what to think, when to bow, how to 'believe'......

If you wish to welcome a higher power into your life, then do!!

But, it is a personal choice, a personal path. It is individual, not mutual!!

Never, ever should anyones personal opinion be imposed on another.

That path leads to Totalitarionism....

WW

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   

I agree. That's why I asked before launching into it and as you can see, I'm stil not launching into it till I'm sure it's in the right place.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Never ???? Ever???

I beg to differ! Morality is not an opinion.

Is it wrong to impose my opinion that rape is wrong on serial rapist?

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

BW, not a valid analogy. Rape is obviously a violation of a person's rights. So is a mugging, a theft, and the ultimate, a murder. These are crimes. A sense of 'morality' isn't the guiding principle here...it is the sense of how civilized human beings treat one another.

"Morality' does not have to come from the Bible or the Torah or the Quran. Every human with a normal brain knows this. It is how society works, at least when you grow up in that society, and understand that your actions, if against the understood and accepted levels of behavior will have consequences....consequences not good for you.

Problem is, as I mentioned those three books, the sand keeps shifting....one person's view of 'morality' is very, very different from another's. A traditional Muslim believes that a woman's face must be covered in public. That is their 'morality'. Any woman who defies that simple rule, is subject to great punishment. That is their view... other people have different views. Strict Muslims believe, in their view of morality, that 'honor killings' are warranted. I happen to find that abhorrent....yet it is accepted, within the confines of that religion.

Christians, throughout the centuries, have done no better, in my view, as it comes to being vicious, bloodthirsty amoral villians.

(Putting on flame-resistant suit)....it is not the religion that is to blame.

Let me make my point clear: It IS NOT the religion that is to blame! It is what people....fallible humans... do under the guise of their 'religion' and false 'morality' to do evil upon others.

OOPS....I used the 'E' word. That is shifting under the sand too, isn't it?

I think....compassion and love are the key, not petty bickering. Isn't that what Jesus Would Do????

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Good freakin' grief, all I asked was if he would be interested in hearing my theory. I believe there's ample evidence to prove the various ancient texts of the ancient cultures were not fabrications. Some may have been dramatizations, but they were all basically telling the truth. I'm not trying to make him anything except aware of what happened to his ancestors.

[edit on 6-6-2008 by undo]

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
Good freakin' grief, all I asked was if he would be interested in hearing my theory. I believe there's ample evidence to prove the various ancient texts of the ancient cultures were not fabrications. Some may have been dramatizations, but they were all basically telling the truth. I'm not trying to make him anything except aware of what happened to his ancestors.

[edit on 6-6-2008 by undo]

Undo, I would be delighted to hear your theory in spite of weedwicked suggesting that morality had nothing to do with the very laws that were created upon a morality based upon Judeo Christian belief and are to this day not mutually inexclusive for more reasons than those he has missed.

If whammy wouldn't mind or if you would be so kind as to send a u2u if he does mind. I would be very interested.

- The Conmeister

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   

You are right that morality doesn't come from a book or from the traditions or opinions of men. It is written into your conscience by your creator. That's the only reason "everybody" knows it as you just said. Thanks for proving my point.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

looks like christians are airbrushing psychology now...

it's an aspect of human evolutionary psychology. morality is something that is not entirely universal, as certain cultures practice things that are seen as atrocious by other cultures, especially when you look at history. however, the general basis for morality does come from the psyche. there are certain intrinsic things that we hold to be right and wrong because such things are beneficial to the survival of the species, thus those "hard-wired" notions got passed on through the generations.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
edit *oops, double post*

[edit on 6/7/08 by madnessinmysoul]

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiriology

Undo, I would be delighted to hear your theory in spite of weedwicked suggesting that morality had nothing to do with the very laws that were created upon a morality based upon Judeo Christian belief and are to this day not mutually inexclusive for more reasons than those he has missed.

If whammy wouldn't mind or if you would be so kind as to send a u2u if he does mind. I would be very interested.

- The Conmeister

Well now, isn't THAT interesting. I'm waiting on Whammy to say yea or nay. Maybe I should ask one of the mods for this forum, as well?

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
better yet, perhaps I will make a new topic and label it something like "What Happened to Our Ancestors?"

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy

You are right that morality doesn't come from a book or from the traditions or opinions of men. It is written into your conscience by your creator. That's the only reason "everybody" knows it as you just said. Thanks for proving my point.

I don't think that is how he is going to look at it however whammy and the below post by madnass is closer to where I think they are getting this idea from which is none other than the guy that claims we are half man half chimpanzee, the manpanzee himself, zoo keeper Dick Dubya Dawkins.

In his book the selfish gene he goes into a lot about memetics another theory of his in his agenda to make an issue of our belief in God. They even have a website Dawkins supports that can test you for the God gene and cure you of it. I think about that everytime weed or the other Atheists have made fun of that Rev Tophat guy like they have any less whacked out Atheists as Theists have.

This can be found at the rational response squads website where they never lose an argument and those creationists that make a soild argument, get deleted. Their have been lots of books on the subject but all seem to be copying the Bible adding their own Darwinian spin on it so to speak. www.google.com...

You may even be getting setup for a strawman here so becarefull or,, hell Ill just diffuse this whole idea in my post to m]madsass.

- Con
PS: Undo, that would be a splendid idea.

[edit on 7-6-2008 by Conspiriology]

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Okay i made a new thread entitled "WHAT HAPPENED TO OUR ANCESTORS?"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

NOW it's finished.

[edit on 8-6-2008 by undo]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

It is atheists (secular humanists) that are airbrushing morality. Just because people interpret things somewhat differently does not make morality relative the moral law is still absolute on peoples perceptions of the circumstances are relative.

You might say East Indians have different morals because they will not eat cows and Americans do. But that is not so. Indians perceive Cows as sacred, perhaps even housing the souls of their relatives. Americans do not. Yet Americans do not destroy sacred things or eat their relatives either, so the moral law is not different - just the perception of the circumstances.

You also might object that morality changed because we do not burn witches anymore. Well we used to believe witches murdered people and destroyed crops with curses. We don't anymore. However murder and destroying crops is still immoral and we still punish it. We just do not believe witches have that power. So morality didn't change just human knowledge. The Moral Law is absolute.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Well now, isn't THAT interesting. I'm waiting on Whammy to say yea or nay. Maybe I should ask one of the mods for this forum, as well?

Hey sorry I was slow on the uptake, I'm not a thread Nazi... please take it where it leads.

I look forward to you new thread as usual undo...

top topics

<< 75  76  77    79  80  81 >>

join