It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Atheists Air Brushing History?

page: 47
<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
For the folks that Believe the Bible...
here are some biblical reasons Atheists try to airbrush the truth

· People can know the truth yet suppress it until they are no longer aware of it (Rom 1)

· People can deliberately forget things (2 Pet 3.5)

· People can choose to NOT love truth (2 Th 2.10)

· People can choose only beliefs which please them (too numerous to list)

· People can reject outright miracles, such as resurrection (Luke 16 and John 12.9:

·People can chose to deliberately propagate deception (deceivers)

"You live in the midst of deception; in their deceit they refuse to acknowledge me," declares the LORD. (Jer 9:6)

· People can lose the ability and even willingness to perceive truth--especially spiritual truth--by repeated rejection, stubbornness, and insensitivity

Acts 28.27

"For this people's heart has become calloused;
they hardly hear with their ears,
and they have closed their eyes.
Otherwise they might see with their eyes,
hear with their ears,
understand with their hearts
and turn, and I would heal them.'"

[edit on 3/24/2008 by Bigwhammy]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
A "HITLER LIKE STYLE" of hatred??!!!! HAHAHA... Give me a break. Hitler studied to be an orthodoxed priest! This is an EMOTIVE PLEA at its finest. DO NOT bring Hitler into the atheist side of this argument. This FURTHERS my disgust.

Alright, NOW I wash my hands of this. I will get upset.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by idle_rocker
Actually they do not believe in the young earth theory. They believe in the big bang and the millions of years old age of the universe. How do you get that from their website?

Indeed there is an article on the front page about a research project [?] looking into it. I said 'open to' the theory, not supportive of it.. though the author of the article doesn't dicount it.
In any case that shows they're not that credible scientifically if they are willing to give it some acknowledgment as though a 'young earth' is possible.

www.reasons.org...
Do the RATE Findings Negate Mainstream Science?
By Greg Moore

Young-earth creationists are touting a research project they call Radioisotopes and the Age of the Earth, or RATE. They describe the RATE findings as astounding, successful beyond all expectation and history in the making.1 Why are they so ecstatic? They claim RATE researchers have uncovered powerful evidence that confirms the Earth is young and demonstrates the old earth model is not supported by empirical science.2

This is a remarkable claim. Do the RATE findings invalidate the mainstream view of Earth history? Most of the issues the RATE team examined are technical, making it difficult for laypeople to evaluate the significance of their work. This paper attempts to provide a balanced assessment of the project so Christians can decide for themselves what the RATE findings contribute to the age of the earth debate.

I've visited it often.

Again:

To me it looks like a propoganda site for ID so could you please post these 'scientific findings' from objective scientific sources? That site is called "Reasons to believe" so obviously all findings on that site are going to find god..

Edited to be more concise.

[edit on 24-3-2008 by riley]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by IsGodET

She is implying a 'Holocaust' type event- not saying Hitler was an atheist. I brought up the same point earlier and referred to some of the tactics being used as 'Hitleresque.' Hitler's beliefs are irrelevant. It's the lies and propaganda leading to hate which can possibly lead to atrocities.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
One more thing!!! Hitler, Darwinism, Communism, Atheism... NONE of them are related exclusively. These are keywords that have been PROGRAMMED into the heads of people who are unable to think for themselves and unwilling to question that which has been told to them. The argument beggs the question of the existence of god then asks that anyone listening slides down the slope of association and argues from emotives hoping that the person listening is unable to undertand that these topics are completely unrelated. Good night.

Mod Note: Edit for civility and evading the censors.

Read here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 24-3-2008 by NGC2736]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Again, I state. ALL writings are written from a bias point of view by HUMANS. You can find more on that site than what you are siting. But I'm not going to do the work for you. If you want it...it's there. Buy the DVD's. There is nothing there that disputes mainstream scientific astro-physics...I've compared it. They just happen to be Christians and believe there was a "finger of God" in the creation theory. That's it. Keep reading and find more. It's there.

You can also find scientific writings that support a 7 day creation period at other sites, which the Reasons site disputes. You won't find it there, even though it's Christian. It's purely scientific from an astronomical, biological and geological point of view. The are all scientists in the mainstream of scientific knowledge.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by IsGodET

I don't think you wanna tell me again that I can't think for myself. I used to be just like you. But I CHANGED MY MIND. I have a mind. AND I use it.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by IsGodET

You are correct. They are not related 'exclusively.' But Hitler taught certain people were 'undesirable.' Communism taught 'capitalism' was the enemy. Radical atheism is now teaching the dangers of religion and some are saying religionists have brain disorders. Can you see how this would cause a problem? It's starting off like the other problems.

Program your comrades to feel they are superior (either physically and/or ideologically). Propagate lies about the opposition. Hate spreads, and problems arise. It's the same pattern over and over again. Even if we want to toss out the 'in the name of atheism' argument for now, we cannot deny atheistic states target people of faith.

Yes, it is scary from our end. We're not being paranoid. It has happened, is happening, and could happen in our own back yard.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsGodET
One more thing!!! Hitler, Darwinism, Communism, Atheism... NONE of them are related exclusively. These are keywords that have been PROGRAMMED into the heads of people who are unable to think for themselves and unwilling to question that which has been told to them. The argument beggs the question of the existence of god then asks that anyone listening slides down the slope of association and argues from emotives hoping that the person listening is too f-ing stupid to undertand that these topics are completely unrelated. Good night.

Thanks for the insults

Congratulations on circumventing the profanity filter.

Don't worry though, Atheists seldom lose points for it.

Marx read Darwin, Marx agrees with Darwin, change his view of the world. Marx invented Communism That's a relationship.

Marx then influences Stalin That's a relationship

Stalin reads Darwin and is so influenced he renounced his faith and became an atheist.

How can you possibly claim they are not related in any way. That is perfect evidence of an Atheist trying to airbrush history,. Thanks for proving my case IsGodET

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
You know, never mind that his profanity didn't get bleeped. That's happened to me before. Where's the justice? It's the old "call the Christians "stoopid" again routine. Getting a little old I must say.

[edit on 3/24/08 by idle_rocker]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Again, I state. ALL writings are written from a bias point of view by HUMANS.

Scientific writings are based on scientific evidence and is not open to interpritation like.. things like the bible.

You can find more on that site than what you are siting. But I'm not going to do the work for you.

So you are NOT going to provide objective scientific sources for these supposed "scientific findings"..? YOU made the claim.. it's up to YOU to back it up.. not me. I already gave you adequate reasons why I do not consider that site to be credible. If these scientific findings are real there should be a scientific source to verify it.

I can only conclude you have no objective scientific sources to substantiate your claims.

If you want it...it's there. Buy the DVD's.

So they can 're-interprite' science and make MORE propoganda?
I can't believe you just told me to give these shysters money..

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Fine, don't find it, don't look for it, believe what you want. I'm not here to change your thinking. You're here to dispute the thread. So, I owe you nothing, hun.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsGodET
A "HITLER LIKE STYLE" of hatred??!!!! HAHAHA... Give me a break. Hitler studied to be an orthodoxed priest! This is an EMOTIVE PLEA at its finest. DO NOT bring Hitler into the atheist side of this argument. This FURTHERS my disgust.

Interesting.

(to everyone else: Does this poster remind you of anyone? )

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I choose the right to remain silent with this and a couple other hate-mongers here. I can have a civil conversation with any atheist, agnostic at any time...as long as they're civil with me.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Fine, don't find it, don't look for it, believe what you want. I'm not here to change your thinking. You're here to dispute the thread. So, I owe you nothing, hun.

You said:

All you have to do is read the recent scientific findings to see there was definitely a higher order being who created this universe. If you don't believe me, read for yourself at www.reasons.org.

That site is a religious site.. not a scientific one.

Not only have you refused to provide scientifically credible sources to back your claims.. you haven't even bothered to quote the or give a link to the actual "scientific findings"/article yourself. I suspect just did this in an effort to force people to dig through the site trying to look for it ..which of course means having to read all the other propoganda. I mean you even told me to buy their DVDs.. :shk: I'm sure they appreciate your efforts.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Thread Announcement

This thread is categorized as an ATS "Big Thread" and under the following conditions:

This thread is an ATS Big-Thread with 931 replies, and subject to more strict moderation.
Please stay focused. Stay on-topic. Minimal or off-topic posts and T&C violations are subject deletion and/or a warning.

You will see this warning at the top of every page in this thread. We We ask that all further posts remain on topic (review the OP if unsure) and attacks on other members stop no matter how subtle they may be. We intend on bringing stricter moderation to this thread in accordance with the ATS 'Big Thread' status so please consider what and how you post so we can all avoid warnings, point deductions and account restrictions.

Thanks everyone for your time....

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Atheism, not religion, is the real force behind the mass murders of history

By Dinesh D'Souza

RANCHO SANTA FE, CALIF. –
In recent months, a spate of atheist books have argued that religion represents, as "End of Faith" author Sam Harris puts it, "the most potent source of human conflict, past and present."

Columnist Robert Kuttner gives the familiar litany. "The Crusades slaughtered millions in the name of Jesus. The Inquisition brought the torture and murder of millions more. After Martin Luther, Christians did bloody battle with other Christians for another three centuries."

In his bestseller "The God Delusion," Richard Dawkins contends that most of the world's recent conflicts - in the Middle East, in the Balkans, in Northern Ireland, in Kashmir, and in Sri Lanka - show the vitality of religion's murderous impulse.

The problem with this critique is that it exaggerates the crimes attributed to religion, while ignoring the greater crimes of secular fanaticism. The best example of religious persecution in America is the Salem witch trials. How many people were killed in those trials? Thousands? Hundreds? Actually, fewer than 25. Yet the event still haunts the liberal imagination.

source

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

BigWhammy,

When you post huge quotes from external sites it's meant to be in support of your post.. not the entire thing.

www.csmonitor.com...
How many people were killed in those trials? Thousands? Hundreds? Actually, fewer than 25.

..talk about air brushing history. :shk: They were documented by the church.. and governments. "The christian science Monitor" is in fact the first time I've seen this denied.. though I think they probably have an agenda behind that..

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by riley

Oh you can't stand because it entirely supports my contention? Too bad.
Truth is truth, what can I say

If you read his essay and my OP they are entirely different. I use the connections between The Dialectics of Nature by Engels, and The Origin of Species by Darwin. I connect the philosophies and world views which molded the minds of the most bloodthirsty Atheist killers of all time. D'Souza takes a different route to the same conclusion.

My inspiration for the OP was Dr John Lennox a Christian scientist from Oxford who recently defeated Richard Dawkins in a scored debate. That's right defeated. It's called the God Delusion Debate. Did I mention Richard Dawkins lost to a Christian? He did. He lost to a Christian.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy
reply to post by riley

Oh you can't stand because it entirely supports my contention?

You didn't make one in that post. You are supposed to write your own posts.. not just post quotes and thats it. When you quote something tell us why you're are quoting it.

Too bad. Truth is truth, what can I say

Yet it wasn't the truth. It was christian propoganda designed to "airbrush" history.

[edit on 25-3-2008 by riley]

new topics

top topics

<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join