It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Atheists Air Brushing History?

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Anyway, does someone born a sociopath even have what we can consider free will?

In as far as he is able to, yes. That's why the new data set always allows for any number in the unknown value and automatically calibrates it, regardless.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
In as far as he is able to, yes. That's why the new data set always allows for any number in the unknown value and automatically calibrates it, regardless.

So, when he abused his first child, that was a voluntary choice? Even though, it was only when the tumour was removed he was really able to choose?

I have seen some interesting neuro patients in my time. Such as the guy who confabulated stories, but when challenged understood it's not true. But then will tell the same lie 5 minutes later (he's not so bad now, you have to provoke him to do it).

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   

So, when he abused his first child, that was a voluntary choice?

Not necessarily, no. That's why the new data set automatically calibrates the unknown value to fit the sum, regardless.

The safeguard that checks the unknown value is the accuser (Satan), who knows the unknown value is a random number generator and can't really make the sum, regardless. That safeguard is not removed from the original program.

It's only circumvented by the new data set.

[edit on 24-3-2008 by undo]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Einstein's entire point was that he DID NOT believe in God, capital G, he felt the need to come out and state this implicitly time, and time again as Religious persons were constantly inferring his relating the universe to GOD LIKE required refuting. It is THIS which he is referring to, his reference to atheists taking up this repudiation of his denials of God were put forward as he did not want ot be involved in the discussion. The basis of his many, many comments on this issue was that he utterly repudiated the existence of God. YOUR GOD WITH A CAPITAL God - how moronic can you get.

Further you simply have not even addressed the fundamental issues put forward in response to this ludicrous thesis - communism was a the ideology and driving force behind Marx - a utopian ideal, NOT ATHEISM. To say otherwise is a flagrant lie. Nothing less.

You arguments are totally spurious, have no basis in logic, defy the fundamental process of normative discussion and are aimed at the sole purpose of blurring the truth in order to push a subversive agenda...it is disgraceful that you can even attempt to take completely unrelated issues and twist them to suit your needs, it is pathetic.

Your arguments are simply inline with your level of intellect, non existent - appears to be a common theme amongst religious zealots, total intellectual vacuums.

You have no idea regarding the deeper issues of Marxism, liberal Utopian ideals, Enlightenment, etc.-- just a cherry picked ephemeral, almost cliched, grasp of the bare rudiments of these issues, and yet condescend to those whom it is glaringly obvious are vastly more informed and considered on these issues.

You quite simply do not know what you are talking about, have a fear of finding out the truth, put your arguments forward not in any manner which is designed to gain knowledge or "truth", but to defend an intellectual position from possible question or critique. It is this which defensive posturing which aims to inhibit any exploration of your own understanding which most illuminates your fundamental ignorance - the grotesque misunderstandings of the profound subjects you raise and attempt to ridicule only serve to accentuate your impoverished intellect, academic vacuum and almost depressing ignorance of life in general.

It is this very situation which makes Religion so perversely dangerous, the untold misery which has been inflicted upon the world through the inhibiting of human discovery, as the very process must, and does, by default completely deny the ridiculous nature of religion, from the withdrawing of human progress into the dark ages of religious intellectual degeneration.

The profound backwardness if religious didactic pursuits, the absolute antithesis of progress which marks religion from intellect, the undeniable basis of its origins, recorded for perpetuity in the annals of history make all of these arguments moot. Religion is a disgrace, an utterly boorish, gormless blight on the history of humanity.

The only argument which is left to consider is should this iniquitous disease be confronted for once for all, should we wage an Atheist war (the first - as there has never been one) against this degenerate cabal of reprobates.

Well religion has done its self no favours, only the most peripheral continue to afford it any consideration beyond the cursory at best - and embarrassment as the norm - there is no need to confront what is so obviously condemned to join the ranks humanities preposterous explanations for the mysterious. No need to fan the flames of intolerance and ignorance, best let it wither into its own vacuous abyss.

Religion is not a fleck on the awesome reality of human experience and discovery, not even a quark compared the universe of discovery which is ours, humanities. What a profoundly dull, boring and small place your God created for you - and dwells within.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by audas

Hey Con!! Looks like someones been in the paint chips again.

Then there are the fanatical atheists whose intolerance is the same as that of the religious fanatics, and it springs from the same source . . . They are creatures who can't hear the music of the spheres. (The Expanded Quotable Einstein, Princeton University Press, 2000 p. 214)

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
Not necessarily, no. That's why the new data set automatically calibrates the unknown value to fit the sum, regardless.

The safeguard that checks the unknown value is the accuser (Satan), who knows the unknown value is a random number generator and can't really make the sum, regardless. That safeguard is not removed from the original program.

It's only circumvented by the new data set.

Oh, OK. So we have Apple Satan v1.2 as well.

Suppose it's a rather 'different' way to see things. Anyway, I've procrastinated enough, back later.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   

By audas
Einstein's entire point was that he DID NOT believe in God, capital G, he felt the need to come out and state this implicitly time, and time again as Religious persons were constantly inferring his relating the universe to GOD LIKE required refuting.

I believe in Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with the fates and actions of human beings.
(Albert Einstein, responding to Rabbi Herbert Goldstein who had sent Einstein a cablegram bluntly demanding "Do you believe in God?" Quoted from Victor J. Stenger, Has Science Found God? 2001, chapter 3.)

In the view of such harmony in the cosmos which I, with my limited human mind, am able to recognise, there are yet people who say there is no God. But what makes me really angry is that they quote me for support for such views. (The Expanded Quotable Einstein, Princeton University Press, p. 214)

score
audas :0
einstein: 2

MOD EDIT: Please Read-Courtesy Is Mandatory

[edit on 3/24/2008 by Bigwhammy]
[edit by Cuhail to FIX quote tag]

[edit on 3/24/2008 by Cuhail]

[edit on 3/24/2008 by Cuhail]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy
reply to post by audas

Hey Con!! Looks like someones been in the paint chips again.

Then there are the fanatical atheists whose intolerance is the same as that of the religious fanatics, and it springs from the same source . . . They are creatures who can't hear the music of the spheres. (The Expanded Quotable Einstein, Princeton University Press, 2000 p. 214)

I will stand up against all kinds of human in cruelties, religious or otherwise. Communism within China did in deed suppress religion, as did Saddam Hussein, but this is no excuse for reverting to a more monstrous approach - which religion does.

Surely as each aberrant of humanities social experimentation is realised to be fundamentally dangerous, grotesque and simply wrong we should confront it, deny it, and move on. Constantly searching for better ways to deal with each other and our insecurities - simply holding onto institutions through fear of the unknown, habit, and ignorance does not justify maintaining practices which are profoundly evil. Attempting to deny and ridicule the good work done, the progress made, the grand and enlightening achievements of humanity because they conflict with fearsome childhood indoctrinations and and cultural aberrations borders on the insane!

There is a distinct intolerance for the uninterrupted anguish inflicted on generation upon generation, in fact all of human kind and history through the perversions of religion. Yes there is an absolute intolerance for it. I have an absolute duty to defend the memories of people murdered and killed in the name of one god or another. Wars, persecutions, genocides, expulsions, holocausts, crusades, inquisitions, conversions, missionaries, jihads, factional fighting, cleansing etc,etc, etc the list is unending, history IS religious persecution, hatred, intolerance, violence, extortion and almost everything evil - all gilded with perfunctory and toknistic gestures to the higher ideals of human ethics and values, all of which have long informed and guided religion from outside its degenerative clutches.

[edit on 24-3-2008 by audas]

[edit on 24-3-2008 by audas]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
No more personal-level sniping from anyone,or, points start disappearing.

Be courteous.
Be polite.
Be on-topic.

ANY more sniping gets very negative attention.

Cuhail

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by audas

There is a distinct intolerance for the uninterrupted anguish inflicted on generation upon generation, in fact all of human kind and history through the perversions of religion.

OR you could blame humanity rather than a concept he created.

But wait. Can't do that now can you? That would invalidate your righteous crusade to spread your religion.

And if he meant any idea of a god then how come he only said PERSONAL god? And better yet has been quoted saying he didn't like how your religion uses his statements as a weapon?

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
"The Idea of God is quite alien to me and seems even naive" - Einstein

"It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but expressed it clearly"- Einstein

Atheism is not a religion.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Audas,

I think "profound evil" is an exaggeration of the reality of living on this planet. You have to come to grips with your own random number generation (accuse yourself, perhaps?) before you can recognize the need for the new data set. What does the new data set tell you? Does it tell you that the guy over there doesn't deserve it? If so, you are running the safeguard not the new data set. Which program are you running? (i'm working with a "Matrix" analogy).

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by audas

I will stand up against all kinds of human in cruelties, religious or otherwise. Communism within China did in deed suppress religion, as did Saddam Hussein, but this is no excuse for reverting to a more monstrous approach - which religion does.

What monsterous approach would that be?

"Love you enemies?"

or maybe

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"

or was it

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God."

hmmm maybe

"You have heard that it was said to the people long ago, 'Do not murder, and anyone who murders will be subject to judgment.' But I tell you that anyone who is angry with his brother will be subject to judgment."

What a monster. Gosh Darn Audas you really straightened me out. The ought to crucify that madman... Oh yeah they did!!! But yesterday was holiday in remembrance of the fact HE ROSE FROM THE DEAD.

Jesus also said this:
"Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you."

Thanks for the post Audas.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Albert was describing a personal God to differentiate it from anything remotely similar to what was being discussed, as in, any form of God considered in the day. This personal God which you are so fond of repeating is one which has any reference to any one personally, whatever you think, or understand, or believe about God is NOT what he is considering.

This is the most ill-quoted, out of context reference of Einstein's - it is therefore the one conjured up most often by the religiously misguided. His view of god was simply at the wonder of the universe - in no way did Einstein believe in a divine creator, a constructor and builder and designer of universe. Was there a possibility of something beyond our comprehension, yes, this BEYOND our comprehension is his reference to personal God, a Human God, as there is no way we could possible hope to understand whoever created this wonder - this is his reference to personal Gods.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by audas

What monsterous approach would that be?

"Love you enemies?"

or maybe

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"

or was it

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God."

hmmm maybe

"You have heard that it was said to the people long ago, 'Do not murder, and anyone who murders will be subject to judgment.' But I tell you that anyone who is angry with his brother will be subject to judgment."

What a monster. Gosh Darn Audas you really straightened me out. The ought to crucify that madman... Oh yeah they did!!! But yesterday was holiday in remembrance of the fact HE ROSE FROM THE DEAD.

Jesus also said this:
"Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you."

Thanks for the post Audas.

Ummmm as I said...

Wars, persecutions, genocides, expulsions, holocausts, crusades, inquisitions, conversions, missionaries, jihads, factional fighting, cleansing etc,etc, etc the list is unending, history IS religious persecution, hatred, intolerance, violence, extortion and almost everything evil - all gilded with perfunctory and toknistic gestures to the higher ideals of human ethics and values, all of which have long informed and guided religion from outside its degenerative clutches.

Your quite welcome champ.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by audas

He believed in God just not a Christian God you have been refuted over and over by his own words. Grow up and admit you were wrong - 3 times now.

t may seem logical, in retrospect, that a combination of awe and rebellion made Einstein exceptional as a scientist. But what is less well known is that those two traits also combined to shape his spiritual journey and determine the nature of his faith. The rebellion part comes in at the beginning of his life: he rejected at first his parents' secularism and later the concepts of religious ritual and of a personal God who intercedes in the daily workings of the world. But the awe part comes in his 50s when he settled into a deism based on what he called the "spirit manifest in the laws of the universe" and a sincere belief in a "God who reveals Himself in the harmony of all that exists."

Atheism answers a spiritual question. The Federal Court rules it is a religion.

TUPELO, Miss., Aug. 19 /Christian Wire Service/ -- A federal court of appeals has ruled in favor of an inmate who claimed that Wisconsin prison officials violated his rights under the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment because they refused to allow him to create a study group for atheists.

The 7th Circuit Court of Appeals ruled that prison officials erred because they “did not treat atheism as a ‘religion.’” The court said, “Atheism is [the inmate’s] religion, and the group that he wanted to start was religious in nature even though it expressly rejects a belief in a supreme being.”

Brian Fahling, senior trial attorney for the American Family Association Center for Law & Policy, described the court’s ruling as “a sort of Alice in Wonderland jurisprudence.”

“Up is down, and atheism, the antithesis of religion, is religion,” stated Fahling.

The Supreme Court has said that a religion need not be based on a belief in the existence of a supreme being. In the 1961 case of Torcaso v. Watkins, the Court described “secular humanism” as a religion.

source

Yep Atheism is a religion. Deal with it.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
And here is some sobering thoughts for you on this day....

"Take your son, your only son – yes, Isaac, whom you love so much – and go to the land of Moriah. Sacrifice him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains, which I will point out to you." (Genesis 22:1-18)

If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.(Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NLT)

Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

A man or a woman who acts as a medium or fortuneteller shall be put to death by stoning; they have no one but themselves to blame for their death. (Leviticus 20:27 NAB)

Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death. (Exodus 21:15 NAB)

All who curse their father or mother must be put to death. They are guilty of a capital offense. (Leviticus 20:9 NLT)

If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death. (Leviticus 20:10 NLT)

They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

And he smote of the men of Beth-shemesh, because they had looked into the ark of Jehovah, he smote of the people seventy men, `and' fifty thousand men; and the people mourned, because Jehovah had smitten the people with a great slaughter. And the men of Beth-shemesh said, Who is able to stand before Jehovah, this holy God? and to whom shall he go up from us? (1Samuel 6:19-20 ASV)

Make ready to slaughter his sons for the guilt of their fathers; Lest they rise and posses the earth, and fill the breadth of the world with tyrants. (Isaiah 14:21 NAB)

Sounds lovely ! How benign!

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   

reply to post by audas

He believed in God just not a Christian God you have been refuted over and over by his own words. Grow up and admit you were wrong - 3 times now.

t may seem logical, in retrospect, that a combination of awe and rebellion made Einstein exceptional as a scientist. But what is less well known is that those two traits also combined to shape his spiritual journey and determine the nature of his faith. The rebellion part comes in at the beginning of his life: he rejected at first his parents' secularism and later the concepts of religious ritual and of a personal God who intercedes in the daily workings of the world. But the awe part comes in his 50s when he settled into a deism based on what he called the "spirit manifest in the laws of the universe" and a sincere belief in a "God who reveals Himself in the harmony of all that exists."

Atheism answers a spiritual question. The Federal Court rules it is a religion.

TUPELO, Miss., Aug. 19 /Christian Wire Service/ -- A federal court of appeals has ruled in favor of an inmate who claimed that Wisconsin prison officials violated his rights under the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment because they refused to allow him to create a study group for atheists.

The 7th Circuit Court of Appeals ruled that prison officials erred because they “did not treat atheism as a ‘religion.’” The court said, “Atheism is [the inmate’s] religion, and the group that he wanted to start was religious in nature even though it expressly rejects a belief in a supreme being.”

Brian Fahling, senior trial attorney for the American Family Association Center for Law & Policy, described the court’s ruling as “a sort of Alice in Wonderland jurisprudence.”

“Up is down, and atheism, the antithesis of religion, is religion,” stated Fahling.

The Supreme Court has said that a religion need not be based on a belief in the existence of a supreme being. In the 1961 case of Torcaso v. Watkins, the Court described “secular humanism” as a religion.

source

Yep Atheism is a religion. Deal with it.

Your appellate court means NOTHING to the rest of the world - do you believe that what happens in some rural backwater in some obscure part of the globe makes it so ? Please how utterly ridiculous.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Audas,

that's the original program (jehovah) running with safeguard (the accuser) in place.

the program is based on perfect computations. the safeguard assures there are no deviations from the original program.

random number generation is safeguarded and
the causes, removed.

that's why we have a new data set (Jesus)

[edit on 24-3-2008 by undo]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Einstein said this about religion

"The Idea of God is quite alien to me and seems even naive" - Einstein

"It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but expressed it clearly"- Einstein

OK ?

new topics

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join