It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Atheists Air Brushing History?

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by WraothAscendant
reply to post by Conspiriology

hEh.....
Funny that comment about using Einstein to perpetuate a myth is from someone who uses Einstein to perpetuate his own myths.

Yeah lol thats why I said he (whammy) couldn't have done it without his help.

- Con

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   

And Einstein is QUOTED as saying how he didn't like how atheists use him as back up.
Thats the extra funny thing of that particular argument.

[edit on 24-3-2008 by WraothAscendant]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by an3rkist

To my mind, the post linked to above is the best on the thread: the most lucid, fairminded, decent, honest and truthful... in addition to being most elegantly written. I commend your humanity and your explanatory skills.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by melatonin

give me the child before he is seven, and I'll give you the man

'Give me the child until he is seven and I will give you the man.'

It is a Jesuit saying.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

It's not a bait. See it makes you uncomfortable because you sense the hole left in you by atheism.

Because I have a logical reason why I wouldn't kill him. The creator of the universe told me not to kill.

You know its wrong, but when nobodies looking, why does it matter anymore?

Somewhere deep inside you know....

somebodies always watching.

I love this argument. I don't kill because someone is watching. You do realize that this means that if he hears the voice in his head, we are all dead men!

I for one stop at the red light at 2 AM. Doesn't matter if god tells you killing is wrong or if god tells you that killing is right. Apart from that real or imagined conversation in your head, killing is still wrong. See if you can figure out why.

The fascinating concept of this argument is that is the total separation of any sense of responsibility for one's actions. 'Anything god tells me to do goes'.

I wonder how that will hold up in court.

Is it logical to rely on an external entity for an imposed set of 'morals'?

[edit on 24-3-2008 by wytworm]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by idle_rocker

But the point of the thread is that there are extremist atheists who would like to see all of the Christian faith wiped off the face of the earth.

No it isn't.

(This is getting boring.)

The proposition is that atheists are seeking to corrupt the historical record in order to blame all the evils of history on religion.

As the Duckster said a million pages ago,

We need infallible proof people.

Actually, at this point even fallible evidence might be good. What has been posted so far doesn't even begin to address the question that is on the table. Bowling all round the wicket, if you'll pardon a rather recondite sporting expression.

Oh, did I already say that?

Where's the proof?

Where's the proof, eh?

Where's the proof?

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Ha ha Noooo I didn't see that! Ha ha ha ,, Well his posts albeit loaded with superfluous ad hom ad populum, ad nauseum, and more, they are also cherry picked, quote mined, misquoted, mis interpreted, mis guided missing the point etc. One thing I can tell you, he sure likes that thesaurus. I think many Atheists try to talk like Dawkins so they at least look like they know what they are talking about.

They use words like "elegant" a lot and they obviously have been copying the art of ridicule rudeness from Dawkins and Hitchens. I bet if Fonzie was an Atheist they would have a life size poster from tiger beat magazine with a half evolved opposing thumb up in the air, with him saying "Thaaaay" lol.

He over does it so much it's like a dawkins caricature and just as silly. I especially like this one though,,---> "PAWNED!" Ha ha ha I was thinking he's been playing WoW too much lol.

[edit on 24-3-2008 by Conspiriology]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Thought it was pwned anyway???
That is all I have ever seen in the FPSs I play alot of and EVE online.
And my brief time in WoW.
heheheheh

is a gamer geek and proud of it damn it

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   

'Anything god tells me to do goes'.

the same applies to you, whether you realize it or not. you are taking part in
a huge mind f_ _ _ . the library and the librarian are different ones, but i think you should know, the head cheese and his compadres really don't like you. if you don't believe me, all i can say is, "no one call tell you what the matrix is, you have to see it for yourself." that's not to say there's a literal
matrix as in the movie version, but rather a reality that is foisted on you by the status quo that doesn't account for most of the universe and refuses to accept anything it hasn't officially sanctioned. that means, my friend, you are a victim of the system. there are lots of victims. they aren't all atheists or agnostics.

[edit on 24-3-2008 by undo]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by WraothAscendant

Thought it was pwned anyway???
That is all I have ever seen in the FPSs I play alot of and EVE online.
And my brief time in WoW.
heheheheh

is a gamer geek and proud of it damn it

HA HA see he even got that wrong! yeah that was how he spelled it. YOu a gamer? I had played Q3 for about 8 years lol. I was writing a lot of software back then and doing research on game physics. I won't go back to that world again that's for sure.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
reply to post by idle_rocker

But the point of the thread is that there are extremist atheists who would like to see all of the Christian faith wiped off the face of the earth.

No it isn't.

The proposition is that atheists are seeking to corrupt the historical record in order to blame all the evils of history on religion.

As the Duckster said a million pages ago,

We need infallible proof people.

Actually, at this point even fallible evidence might be good. What has been posted so far doesn't even begin to address the question that is on the table. Bowling all round the wicket, if you'll pardon a rather recondite sporting expression.

Oh, did I already say that?

Where's the proof?

Where's the proof, eh?

Where's the proof?

HA HA HA This is what I'm talking about wraoth, Atheists come out with a movie saying Christ never existed, BUT THEY AREN'T AIRBRUSHING HISTORY HA HA. Then they do everything they can to get out from the shadow of Stalin and pol pot with this asinine idea that a society Atheist killing millions of Christians "didn't do it in the name of Atheism" so it doesn't count HA HA HA. BUT THEY AREN'T AIRBRUSHING HISTORY HA HA. I know they didn't do it in the name of Atheism; they did it in the name of killing the religious. BUT THEY AREN'T AIRBRUSHING HISTORY HA HA. The say Einstein didn't believe in a God or master creator when he is explicit saying candidly that he did BUT THEY AREN'T AIRBRUSHING HISTORY HA HA.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiriology
That's why I asked, Climate Change or Global warming,, which one is it.

Sorta both. On the whole, anthropogenic activity will likely lead to long-term increasing trends in global temperature.

But this doesn't cover the whole outcome. As we will also probably see changes in precipitation, storms, floods, droughts etc, as well as an underlying warming trend. So, it will result in changes in climate.

The right-wing denial industry actually prefers the term 'climate change'. They think it less scary, makes it all sound like a spring to summer thing I suppose. Read the Luntz memo, who was a major GOP strategist a few years back. He accepts the science now.

Anyway, back to your scheduled thread 'evil darwinian communistic atheists leads to dead babies, women, fetuses, and christians'...

ABE:

Originally posted by Astyanax
Are you sure you're not secretly a member of the 'atheist conspiracy', operating under cover? People like you are a gift to us.

Knowing a few people who like to play sock-puppet on certain sites (i.e Dembski's, heh), that thought has crossed my mind several times. Hard to tell sometimes.

Either way, cool.

[edit on 24-3-2008 by melatonin]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Like I said, he's on our side really

Wrong,, that idea shot to hell, here try studying up before you go acting like you know what you are talking about www.pbs.org...

Gosh, thanks. The link actually says just the same as I did, only in more detail. You must be a dark atheistical double-agent, substantiating my statements for me like that. Though I do wish you had chosen a more scientifically respectable source than a TV channel.

Or are you calling me on saying the selective breeding of dogs into so many different forms only took 10,000 years, when the page you link to says 15,000? Oopsie.

But wait a minute! Both those dates are earlier than 4004BC. Must be something wrong here...

Fulminating that evolution, natural selection, etc. are bunk doesn't cut any ice, you know. You have to prove it. Funny how tough that seems to be.

Anyway, back on topic. Where's the proof for Bigwhammy's putative conspiracy?

Will some kind person u2u me when somebody finally posts some? I'm taking a holiday from this bunfight until it shows.

[edit on 24-3-2008 by Astyanax]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by melatonin
Is this thread even worth the bandwidth? Can't the tag-team make another one.

Originally posted by melatonin
Anyway, back to your scheduled thread 'evil darwinian communistic atheists leads to dead babies, women, fetuses, and christians'...

Awesome. Watch out, Mel.

The tag team cometh.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
the same applies to you, whether you realize it or not.

I could say the same to you and it would be as useful.

you are a victim of the system. there are lots of victims. they aren't all atheists or agnostics.

That's right, the rest are Christians, Muslims etc... There is nothing that precludes one from the Matrix on either side...

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
Awesome. Watch out, Mel.

The tag team cometh.

Ashie, and whammy, and con, Oh my!

Heh, like being hit with a wet fish. Possibly a salty anchovie.

Hope your easter was good, ash.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by wytworm

I could say the same to you and it would be as useful.

Well I think that was the point. That was said to one of the christians on the board. And I think you'll find I'm not exactly "status quo" on anything, and that includes "mainstream" belief systems of various kinds. I just go where the research leads me and if there's a conflict and no resolution for it, I file it as potentially false data. Evolution falls under that category as does Atheism, but only because we have 6000 years of history and artifacts to corroborate a great deal of what the various ancient texts declare.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Read My post ya goof. I was using that example back when atheists still thought it took millions and millions of years. Now that they know it doesn't and that it threw their whole natural selection theory out of whack THEY NOW ACT SAY IT TO PROVE THEIR THEORY

You guys lie so much make so many BS hoax. I tell ya what,, GET Ernst Haeckel BS out of class room text books let me know because that garbage is STILL in there. When you can quit vacillating your semantics between micro and macro when it suits your argument, then let me know. When you can quit calling it Global warming and after ya find out that theory was BUNK too so you changed it to climate change as if that never happens. Evolution,, ladies and gentlemen,, the act of a Science making up the rules of evidence as they go. Every year is MORE FACT and MORE FAUX

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   

I dunno, climate change/global warming/cooling or some huge environmental change which causes disaster is not beyond the scope of great deal of not only ancient history but biblical prophecy

new topics

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join