It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel halts F-16I training flights

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Fears over a cancer causing substance in the cockpit of the F-16I has led Israel to stop training flights of their fleet of 62 aircraft. It was recently discovered that formaldahyde was leaking into the cockpit, possibly from the air conditioning system. Lockheed is investigating reports recently about the air quality of the birds. All 125 F-16C/Ds are fully operational and haven't reported any problems.

Fears about a cancer-causing substance in the cockpit has prompted the Israeli Air Force (IAF) to suspend training flights for its 62-aircraft fleet of Lockheed Martin F-16I Sufas.

“According to tests the substance is formaldehyde that recently was defined as causing cancer above certain concentration,” says the IAF spokesman

Source

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Leakage from some line, seems like no big deal to me. Guys from Lockheed Martin will probably take care of it.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
If it was one or two planes I would agree with you. But this seems to have affected a large number of their aircraft. That tells me that it's not a leaking line, unless they ALL have the same line leaking. It's probably NOT a major problem, as far as fixing goes, but it probably is more than just a leaking line.

join