It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

will the pole shift look like this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   

In a book written in 1971 called A World Beyond which was about life in the spirit world after death, we get our first reference to possible future events:

Pole Shift

After the shift, Canada,US will be in a warmer latitudes?
North East of Japan will be North pole?

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I thought this whole pole shift thing was to do with the magnetic poles. Have I been misinformed all these years? What would cause our entire planet to shift in the way illustrated? That's pretty radical.

[edit on 3/21/08 by Sleuth]

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
As far as i know it is a magnetic pole shift. Which has nothing to do with mass actually moving.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I believe it will look more like this:

I suspect that if the Earth was ever subjected to the types of forces necessary to shift the poles (try to turn a simple spinning bicycle tire 90 degrees), the oceans would scour the surface, mountain ranges would fly into space, and the Earth would end up looking very different than just the current configuration of continents turned on its side.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by samureyed
As far as i know it is a magnetic pole shift. Which has nothing to do with mass actually moving.

could you pls eleborate the magnetic pole shift?
wait and see

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by samureyed

I don't beleive his picture is reflecting a mass land movement. Rather, the picture is "correcting" the position of the new North Pole to the top of the image as we are accustomed to seeing it today. This gives the appearance of land movement, but if you tilt your head, you'll see that all land masses are in their fixed postions -- just tilted to accomodate the new poles.

There is a fantastic document at zetatalk.com called safelocs which goes through a really nice summary of what could be expected around the world in the event of a pole shift. Obviously, until we go through a pole shift, there is no way to know if the information in the document will be true or not.

here is the link:

www.zetatalk.com...

D/L the pdf document and give it a read. Interesting stuff.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Apsaroke
reply to post by samureyed

There is a fantastic document at zetatalk.com called safelocs which goes through a really nice summary of what could be expected around the world in the event of a pole shift. Obviously, until we go through a pole shift, there is no way to know if the information in the document will be true or not.
here is the link:
www.zetatalk.com...
D/L the pdf document and give it a read. Interesting stuff.

you still believe in Zetatalk? they predicted the pole shift in 2003! from what' IIve heard Zetatalk is a CIA disinformation agent

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
The poles have been moving steadily over the years, for proof just look at any decent navigational map like an Ordnance Survey map.

Look towards the top of the map, and you'll see a small diagram indicating the 3 norths:

1) Grid North, which is the north indicated by the grid lines.
2) True North, which is geographical north (toward the north pole)
3) Magnetic North, which is where the compass needle will point towards.

The magnetic north has a habit of moving every year, and as such, any map bearing you take, have to be converted to magnetic bearings. You do this by looking at the Grid Magnetic Angle printed on the sheet, adjust that for the Annual Change (the yearly value is on the map, check the print date, and adjust accordingly), and then add that figure to your grid bearing, to get the correct magnetic bearing.

As such, the magnetic pole moves, but the rotational axis of the earth stays the same. Previous pole shifts just changed where north and south were, so the next one will be indicated by your compass north arrow, pointing south. Doesn't sound to bad, until you factor in how much of the modern world relies on the magnetic north being north. Internal compasses in aircraft, ships, satellites will all have to be recalibrated after the event. However, expect some pretty nasty accidents before hand, as the shift hasn't got a set date. It will be unexpected, and that's where the problems will be.

I don't see it as an Earth ending event, with huge swathes of humanity wiped of the map. Humans are very resilient, and can survive some quite terrible events. Even so, if humanity dies, life will continue on this planet, even if its just single celled.

I also can't see how the rotational axis will be affected by this event. If anyone out there can show verifiable scientific evidence that a magnetic shift will cause a rotational shift, I'd like to see it. Rotational shift would be bad... very bad... but all the talk within the scientific community is a magnetic pole shift, so there isn't much to lose sleep over.

Lets face it, if its an Earth ending event, you're not going to be able to do much about it.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Pretty much the only thing that can cause a change in rotational axis, as described by the photo and with Japan as geographical north, would be a planetoid the size of Texas striking Greenland. That's a lot of earth to move.

And none of us would survive it. The atmosphere would be jolted into space and would take probably several millennia to re-collect. If we weren't killed by the mother of all earthquakes we'd suffocate and/or explode from the lack of air and it's sweet, sweet pressure.

Weather changes? Steadily increasing smog(**) and contamination which automatically change weather by smoke-screening the Earth from the Sun and Moon. Hotter where it is hot and colder where it is cold until the last decade of this century, when a major shift of the axis occurs and weather will be so drastically altered that it will be difficult to recognize former vegetations in various spots of the Earth. Many people will not survive this shift, but others will, because after a period of churning seas and frightful wind velocities the turbulence will cease, and those in the north will live in a tropical clime and vice versa. Before the year 2000 it will come to pass.

Darn, I missed it.

(**) smog. A very 1971-ish word.

[edit on 25-3-2008 by Tuning Spork]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Awesome! My home will become tropical! Can anyone say "no shoes, no shirt, no problem"?

Seriously though, I too thought it was just a magnetic shift.

top topics

join