It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The highest strangeness I've seen on the web

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Someone is writing about Nelson Mandela being dead also, so what is going on? Are people sure about this? What else is different to you?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
In the late eighties me and almost everyone i know in the UK, believed that Gary Coleman (different strokes) had died, but i saw him in a music video in the early nineties, when i told people he was in the video everyone was saying he can't be, he died!!.....but when people looked into it the truth is he isn't dead, but I and many other people distinctly remember a news paper report that he was dead.....so either we read it in 'THE SUN' and it was total BS or theres a lot of celebs doing some major TAX fraud?? or..... something weirder is afoot!

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by MacSen191

Originally posted by ben91069
What about Bill Bixby? It says 1993 he died.

I don't remember him dying in 1993. I don't remember him dying at all, but playing roles later than that.

I thought he died earlier than that? I remember my mom being upset about him dying... and she died in June of 1993, and it says that Bixby died in Novemeber of 93'

Ok, this isn't celbrity related, but my Grandma died in 1998, and I was homeschooled for a bit in HS in 1999 early 2000. When we first met with the homeschool teacher, myself my dad and my teacher clearly remember talking to my Grandma. She grilled the teacher on her teaching skills and what she knew, if she'd be a good teacher, etc. People are confused on the year she died , we have the obit, but everyone remembers her after she died. I remember going into her room a few months after she died to find her sleeping in her bed. I was shocked and told her she was dead, died of cancer, but she said she was fine and then got up and made me breakfast. Those were surreal times for me actully because she was there, in the back of your mind you know she's dead, but yet she's right in front of you and your friends... my best friend thought she died in 2001.

I think some of it is time shifts tho... or something because a week before my mom died I refused to go into her apatment, saying that something bad was happening and that I couldn't relive it again. The next week I went into her apartment, and that night she died. Then a few weeks later I remember vividly that I went to her apartment it was all cleaned out except for a few things we loved to do. We played a game, and watched tv. We talked and then she got really sad when she looked at someone by the door, and said that she was running out of time. I asked her why she coudn't stay, and she said that she wasn't supposed to be here anymore and that she was granted one final weekend with me because she left too soon and I wasn't supposed to be there with her that night.

Meh, I distinctly remember not hearing anything on the news of June's passing but being told that she had before Johnny. I thought it was really strange that June was in the video for "Hurt" which was released in 2003, I thought they must've died in rapid succession, I suppose they did.

I vivdly remember the day Johnny died though, it WAS sept. 12, it was a Friday, I was getting ready for a football game on my couch (marching band) and I was sad...

I'm pretty sure June really did die before Johnny, just in rapid succession.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
What about Abe Vigoda; the actor who played Fish on Barney Miller?

I remember hating that TV show and remember him dying way back when.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
.....and Walter Cronkite is apparently still alive.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
People gossip about celebrities all the time. A while ago I even read somewhere that Oprah apparently died... BS ofcourse... Over the last 10 years it has become harder and harder to separate the BS from the truth in the media.
Some news networks even publish hoax stories when comes april fools, and at the end of the day they announce which 'story of the day' was a hoax... You can't allways relay on what you read online, or even what you read in a newspaper.
But I think it sounds more plausible that some celebrities fake their own deaths to be out of the spotlights, just to realize a few years later that they actually NEED those spotlights... It sure sounds like a better explanation then 'time-shifting' and 'jumping through time' or parallel universes. I'm not saying these universes don't exist, I just don't think we are able to visit them (just yet).

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by SystemiK

Jack Palance died in 2006. His character died in the film City Slickers 2. It's probable you got the image of his character dying mixed up with his real death. Pretty easily done.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerekFalken
I got this feeling of high strangeness when I heard of Clarke's death.

I had a distinct memory of him dying towards the end of 1999 or possibly in 2000. I recall talking to friends about the irony that he didn't make it to 2001.

I did a little searching and found this:

graa.gsfc.nasa.gov...

OBITS:
HOWARD E. BARNES: Died on March 8, 2000
CHARLES V. MOYER: December 30, l999 of Lou Gehrig disease.
PAUL A. LANTZ: Died February 2, 2000. Retired from NASA in l974 after 20 years of service.
ARTHUR C. CLARKE: Died in Colorado February l0, 2000 of pulmonary fibrosis.
SYLVIA LOOKABILL: of Bowie, MD, died 2/25/00 of cancer.

Would anyone care to explain this?

Falken
Arthur C Clarke was british and lived in Sri Lanka. Why would he die in Colorado? I can think of less pleasant places to die, but it's not like the world doesn't have other medical facilities that are at least as good as whatever is in Denver and a lot closer to his home.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
There is a thread here about this where 2 or 3 people claim to have the same memory of Nelson Mandela being executed.......seems weird that they all have the same recollection and remember it vividly, even down to news reports on TV.

Don't know what to make of it.

Didn't read whole thread.....even people here are mentioning it.

[edit on 24-8-2009 by pavil]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by christianpatrick
ARTHUR C. CLARKE: Died in Colorado February l0, 2000 of pulmonary fibrosis.

Would anyone care to explain this?

Perhaps it was another person named Arthur C. Clarke? It's seems to be a common enough name. There are at least 9 others I found on 411.com.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by dampnickers
Question:

The current word is "interpretate". I've used it many times in my life and simliarly heard it more times than I can count. However, even as I type the word into this text box, and hear the sound of the word in my head, it doesn't feel right.

That's because it is wrong! There's simply no such word. However, American lexis never ceases to amaze me, there are many words in American that don't exist in English...

When we were kids, my sister and I had a game, of turning words meaningless by repeating them over and again, until we laughed ourselves breathless. I still can't take the word 'cabbage' seriously! Maybe that's what happened to 'seventy'?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ben91069

Hi Jesus, of the great toilet avatar!

Just wanted to point out that memory is not fault proof.

Pretty sure that's all the explanation that's needed to solve this mystery.

Kind Regards,

UE

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ben91069
What about Abe Vigoda; the actor who played Fish on Barney Miller?

I remember hating that TV show and remember him dying way back when.

I haven't watched it in years, but I remember him being on the Conan O'brien show pretty regularly. Judging by how he looked on the show, I'm surprised that he's still alive today.
edit on 30-11-2010 by Mayson because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join