It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The highest strangeness I've seen on the web

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by chromatico
reply to post by ben91069

But is there any proof this phenomenon has a paranormal cause? I'd say no.

If there were proof, it would no longer be paranormal now would it?

Get a grip on your own definitions.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   

But is there any proof this phenomenon has a paranormal cause? I'd say no.

What exactly (and I stress the word) would constitute "proof" to you?

It's not a rhetorical question. When I say "exactly", I mean exactly, not a blanket dismissal based on one's own personal experience (which is, of course, subject to interpretation itself).
So, WHAT would that "proof" be?
Because it sure cannot be a media report - that would only prove that there was a mix-up (in the media).

AND what exactly constitutes "proof" that it does NOT happen, on which you base your "no"?

[edit on 22-3-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Here's another forum that discussed this type of thing.

www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Ok, so I'm not the only one remembering Billy Graham dying? It had to have been between 2002 and 2005, and that I am sure of... I remember watching the services on TV, and I distinctly remember where I was living at the time. It couldn't have been after that... no way man, I haven't had TV since 2005. The James Earl Jones thing is wacky also, I really enjoyed Star Wars when I was much younger and I also remember hearing of his death on the radio as I was driving home from work one evening, I was deeply saddened... now I'm utterly confused, other names.. other realities?

Is it possible that some of us are confusing these supposedly deceased people and their deaths with others of similar roles and careers, and maybe the names just get jumbled up in our heads wrong after time?

Lunatic Fringe... yes, but in a good way. Quantum something... very possible. A test to see who is in tune? Sure it could be.
Or just a mind playing trickery...

I sooo wish that was the case, it is the most simplest and logical explanation for this phenomenon that I can come up with. But it's not very satisfying knowing that I have seen / heard / felt and remembered things that to me have already happened, now someone tells me they haven't. High Weirdness is an understatement Ben..

Scrambled brain and eggs anyone?

How.. being the detectives and researchers that we are... how in the world do we figure this one out?

(just a footnote here, since this struck me as odd... the last couple members knocking this thread were from my home state, and I would like to think that you can do better than that... I'm an Idahoan too, and we folks may be a little behind the times here in our state but we are not all here to chew the cud if ya knows what ima speakin...... If you don't like the flavor, then graze on... I hear the sagebrush is mighty tasty this time of year. :lol

:research is needed:

T-

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   

No, your proof of paranormality would be the absence of a mundane explanation. You don't have that.

[edit on 22-3-2008 by chromatico]

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   

No, your proof of paranormality would be the absence of a mundane explanation. You don't have that.

[edit on 22-3-2008 by chromatico]

So tell us what 'paranormal' is so we can bring it to the table. Care to define it? Waiting for your answer.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   

I just did. I'm not going to tolerate you playing stupid with me.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Your words defined paranormal; the absence of mundane explanation.

This is the proof you present that what is not known cannot be, because you cannot comprehend it, because it lies outside your own understanding.

Care to elaborate any more on the things you don't know by your own definition or care to call it a stalemate and let the chips fall where they may?

That choice is yours. This thread stands in this category based on your own evidence for what paranormal is. If anyone wants to bring to the table the evidence from their own understanding of what they remember versus what they are now told, let it stand as true in this thread, for you just defined the rules of what paranormal is.

[edit on 23-3-2008 by ben91069]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   

You keep asking me to answer questions I've already answered. There is no reason to believe these are anything other than perfectly normal false memories. Not paranormal, case closed.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   

You keep asking me to answer questions I've already answered. There is no reason to believe these are anything other than perfectly normal false memories. Not paranormal, case closed.

Then why are you still beating a dead horse? Disperse if you do not wish to hear it, or bring something out to support it. Does this thread disturb you that you wish to disprove it?

Say something or go away. The choice is not mine, but yours.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Dude, it's not the kind of stuff that belongs on ATS is what I'm saying. It's BTS.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Dude, it's not the kind of stuff that belongs on ATS is what I'm saying. It's BTS.

Are you a moderator now? I have never been told I was a moderator, but a member, so I don't get to pick what should go where, and now you think this thread should go somewhere else.

Are you a mod, and if so show me your mod credentials in your signature. Now if you wish to disrupt this thread, call a mod to look at it and determine where it should go. None of this is even the point.

You are completely ignoring the topic and trying to judge the thread and with all my time on ATS I will stand for none of your nonsense on the matter.

Call a mod to your rescue and make some determination or forever bite your tongue.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Ben, so I guess the question is, what does this all mean?

Seriously?

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone

Ben, so I guess the question is, what does this all mean?

Seriously?

Back to the conversation. Many noticed a shift in our reality and confirmed it. Every sign known to man pointed to one point in time and it was confirmed. The evidence is within the selves of those who saw it.

I was just one who noticed it and the source of this thread brought it up to my attention and now I am trying to get the people at ATS to see the message in a very mundane way so they can get the bigger picture.

This is just one way of doing it and I am trying to plant a small seed of disbelief in the normal belief system so people will question their own understanding.

Why do you think Arthur C Clarke died this week when others thought he previously died and he wrote the book on the 2001/2010 story?

That story was of our creation and the author died.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Hello everyone,

I'm the webmaster of the Dead or Alive? site linked above. I found your site through a record in my logs showing hits from this URL.

I found it interesting reading through the thread, partly because I have quite a bit of experience in this area. I learned a long time ago in working on the site that I shouldn't trust my memory too far because it's amazingly easy to misremember things. I have researched every entry on the site to make sure I have the correct info on when (or if) each person has died.

Here are my thoughts and speculations on some of the names mentioned above:

Billy Graham - His wife died fairly recently, in mid-2007. I didn't see the funeral on TV, but I imagine there might have been quite a few luminaries there.

James Earl Jones - His father, Robert Earl Jones, died in 2006. With their names being similar (and JEJ's no doubt mentioned in REJ's obituaries) it's a possible source of confusion. I, however, think it more likely that people remember his character, Admiral Greer, getting sick with cancer and eventually dying in the movie "Clear and Present Danger". It was a very "real" and convincing portrayal and could easily have stuck in people's minds.

Jack Palance - I think people just confuse Curly from "City Slickers" with Jack Palance himself. The big news from "City Slickers II" was that Jack Palance was coming "back from the dead" and would be in the movie somehow. I think the details just got turned around in people's minds.

June Carter Cash - Johnny Cash was sick for quite awhile and people knew it, so it was a surprise when June Carter Cash died suddenly and unexpectedly, in the sense that he was the sick one. He died later that year but close enough that it would be easy to confuse them after several years had passed. I distinctly remember her dying first.

Ernest Borgnine - He's not only still alive but working a full movie schedule Ernest Borgnine - IMDb

John Amos - Of course, his character died on the show "Good Times" and I think he sort of had a dry spell for awhile in his career (not sure on that, though). At least I remember him popping up years later in movies like the "Die Hard" one.

And one last one that no one has mentioned here:

Robert Palmer - He died in 2003 but I have seen so many people confusing him with Peter Gabriel that I have little doubt that when Peter Gabriel does actually die there will be people out there saying, "I was sure he was already dead."

Kent
Webmaster
Dead or Alive?

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Dont forget there are other people out there who have the same names as other people.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by kentdoa

With all due respect to you and your excellent website, how do you know the sources of all the information you have gathered is actually factual and not a figment of your imagination according to what your sources are telling you?

I know it is presented pretty close to what most people have heard, but there are some minor errors that some people call "lack of memory", "disassociation", "forgetfulness", and whatever other label you want to call it.

Clearly there are people here who forgot what they knew or thought they knew.

Any clarity on how you feel about the nature of forgetfulness and if it means something or not can be appreciated here.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Dont forget there are other people out there who have the same names as other people.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Whoa whoa whoa

I thought Billy Graham, James Earl Jones, and Mick Rooney were dead . . . seriously. This is freaking me out

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxpigxx
Whoa whoa whoa

I thought Billy Graham, James Earl Jones, and Mick Rooney were dead . . . seriously. This is freaking me out

And do not make this thread die. The cross over happened and many people saw it. I noticed it and had to bring this discrepancy here for others to judge their own recollections.

Clearly our thoughts have deceived us and the true resurrection of the dead is our own delusions and disbeliefs.

You are not imagining things, but we have all just forgotten the truth and have made up fantasies that everyone dies.

Take that and plant it in your own garden.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join