It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The highest strangeness I've seen on the web

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I like this thread. It reminds me of a conversation I had with my Mum a few days ago...

I have a very good memory and rarely (not totally) forget events but recently I found out about the suspicious suicide of a British politician, Robin Cooke. The strange bit is that it happened two years ago!!! I am very political and keep my eye on prominent MP's. How could I have missed Robin Cooke's suicide for two years? Admittedly I wasn't in the U.K (I was in the Netherlands) but I did get British newspapers, British T.V news, British radio and spoke with British people. Robin's death would have been well publicized so I couldn't have missed it, could I?

I put it down to my never having heard about it until the last couple of days but I doubt it - something seems amiss; and I doubt I would forget it because I rarely forget.

Another British politician, Mo Molem, died of cancer several years ago. I remembered this but my Mum didn't. My Mum admired Mo Molem for her courage at speaking out against others (MP's and government policy) in defense of the British people. Mo was quite a celebrity too so it seems odd that my Mum would not remember Mo Molem's death. There are other events that seem to be out too but I suggest the only test for something amiss would be to find someone with an eidetic memory (sometimes mine is near it but I have to be riled or in the right frame of mind first).

As for odd words that don't sound right (a previous poster brought it up): Sheep. The singular is Sheep but I think it should be Shep (I know it isn't before anyone comments). But seriously, sometimes some words don't sound right and I have to practice their pronunciation to get them to sound right in my head (don't know whether you've seen the film about Howard Hughes called The Aviator, there's a point in the film where he does it). I just put it down to some type of very, very mild waking stroke.

Edit:

Another poster, (Vanitas) further down, has just pointed out that "Robin Cooke died from a heart attack during a hiking trip in the Scottish mountains." Either I've misread somewhere elsewise this thing gts stranger and stranger. Personally, I think I know what I've done...you'll have to read my next post to find out...it's only a few posts down.

[edit on 22/3/2008 by Rapacity]

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ben91069

I most certainly remember distinctly Mikey Rooney dying, along with Yvonne De Carlo, and many others then years later, hearing that they were alive. Those people are not alone in the world, they also have relatives who watch the news, why doesnt anyone ever come forward and have them RETRACT the story?

I also heard in the news years ago that Abe Vigoda had died (FISH) and Crakeur who was somewhat involved in the business u2u'd me and told me he had just seen him waaay after the death announcement.

I dont know, but if they are going to just throw out a death out there for the watchers amusement, i'm going to keep a log of all these reported deaths and see whats what!

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Rapacity

recently I found out about the suspicious suicide of a British politician, Robin Cooke.

What are you talking about?
Robin Cook died from a heart attack during a hiking trip in the Scottish mountains. (At least that's what was reported.)

[edit on 22-3-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Up until the age of 7 my eyes were blue and my hair blond. The at age 8 my eyes turned green and hair red. Not over time but one day blond the next red. Same with the eye color. I would love to post the photos but they are 7000 miles away.

It would seem that most of the abnormalities have occurred after 1960.

I wouldn't call that an "abnormality" (which seems to be implied by the next sentence). In fact, it's all too normal. My brother, to name just one example, was born with raven black hair and grey eyes - and then "switched" to Nordic blond hair and brown eyes.

My personal "theory" is that every individual somehow "sorts through" all the main genetic traits of his/her ancestry (which would seem to be confirmed by the fact that before birth a foetus goes through all the stages of human evolution, including a - ick!
- hirsute stage).
But that's off-topic.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

You seem to be correct, I've just checked it. Sure it was down as suicide when I found out a few days ago. Have added an edit to my original post.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Rapacity

Oh, OK then... I am relieved.

Still wondering about the Karen Carpenter story, though...

P.S. Maybe you did hear about a suicide - considering the somewhat unclear (but not overly so) reports, there may have been some speculation about him killing himself (however far-fetched it may be).

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

I found out about Robin Cooke's death on another thread Top UK Police Chief Found Dead It's about post 9. In my previous post I stated that Robin Cooke had died of suicide but you rightly corrected me by stating he'd died of a heart attack. Both the police chief and Robin Cooke died while hiking in mountains. Only the police officer committed suicide. I confused the two. It's easily done. This example shows how easy it is to mix-up information (and I rarely forget events) when circumstances are similar. And this is probably what is happening here. But I still don't think that I could have missed the death of such a prominent person; I'm just going to have to live with the fact that I must have done.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Ok....

I have one thing, and im going to give it to all you out there reading this, straight!.

Time is an illusion, life may seem as a reality, but then again. There are alot of things that apear as "reality" and, life... thats just the start!

You can get killed, but in reality does that mean your gone?

Awnser on planet civilisation - yes
Awnser to reality - no

I have bin studying time, reality and life for the past 38 years. Life is no Illusion, Time is no matter.

Life is a game!.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
The Yahoo article is no longer available. I am confused as to exactly what the thread is about and why there is such a huge response.

Can you please tell me what this thread is about, and what the mystery is?

This thread is about nothing and obviously the person who wrote this is also very confused.. I suggest removing this thread...

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUncleSam

Originally posted by hikix
The Yahoo article is no longer available. I am confused as to exactly what the thread is about and why there is such a huge response.

Can you please tell me what this thread is about, and what the mystery is?

This thread is about nothing and obviously the person who wrote this is also very confused.. I suggest removing this thread...

Once again, someone comes forward to denounce this thread and have it removed. Has this thread violated T&C? Has this thread offended anyone?

Why O' member do you wish to see this thread removed?

This is the second complaint someone has jumped in here and said this thread should be removed.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Didnt Karen Carpenter die of a horrible weight increase which made her weight balloon to 899 pounds?

Or was that Mamma Cass?

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Didnt Karen Carpenter die of a horrible weight increase which made her weight balloon to 899 pounds?

Or was that Mamma Cass?

Karen starved, Cass choked on a sandwich. I kid you not.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Lucky for us threads dont get removed by popular demand.

This is what i mean about BTS/ATS lately being full of clenched teeth pompous people with absolutely nothing more on their minds than to knock down threads.
Instead of moaning about it, start your own highly INTELLIGENT thread please.

We DO have the option of selecting the threads we want to look at and contribute in.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

I thought mama cass died in a bathtub choked on a sandwhich. Thats what I remember her departing us as.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Obviously...?
"Obviously", as I am sure you know, means 'visibly', 'for all to see'.
Where and who are those who have established a canonical definition and symptoms of "confusion"?

The thread is about "nothing"...?
Well, there actually was such a thread, but on a different board (and it was called "Can nothing exist?").
This is not it.

And finally: "removing the thread"...?

Why?

I'd really appreciate a simple, straightforward answer.

If it's taking space (and time, obviously), that's why ATS is here for.

If it has offended somebody, then it's done so in perfect agreement with the established criteria of civility and tolerance (which means that somebody really should look away and into his/her own susceptibilities).

And if the above isn't the problem, what is?

Whenever I don't like something that is harmless, I look away and avoid it.
It's really very easy to do.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

In my opinion, if the thread isn't going to be removed, it at least needs to be moved to BTS. It is about nothing other than peoples' fuzzy memories.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by chromatico
reply to post by Vanitas

In my opinion, if the thread isn't going to be removed, it at least needs to be moved to BTS. It is about nothing other than peoples' fuzzy memories.

Which is why I posted it in paranormal. It is outside what we consider normal. Now can you produce a ghost or a corpse, yet many people talk of ghosts.

That would be appropriate for paranormal. A memory coming back to us as Deja Vu can be considered paranormal or out of our normal scope of what we think we know of.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ben91069

But is there any proof this phenomenon has a paranormal cause? I'd say no.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I've also had weird dead/not dead experiences.
I don't remember who it was, but it was a significant personage within a certain clique of friends, and I told probably 4 or 5 people about their death. Then a few years later, I remember they did die, again, and I thought to myself, damn, I told everyone he was already dead. Yet at the time, it was frsh - I told everyone within 2 weeks of me seeing the original article about their death!
It could be something as simple as our minds confusing famous people, but it could also be something truly odd.
Not as weird as deja vu, but pretty odd.
I also vaguely remember telling my old man that one of his stars from the 60's was dead...which he wasn't.
Could be a chinese whisper effect?

[edit on 22-3-2008 by cruzion]

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Could be a chinese whisper effect?

Maybe in some cases.
But for the most part, i doesn't seem to be information gathered by hear-say: people remember actually seeing the reports (newspapers, TV) themselves.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join