It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The highest strangeness I've seen on the web

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by fomalhaut

I do know I heard about that a little while back. Seems pretty recent to me as well. Had to check a few sources, and sure enough he's alive. Strange. I recall hearing Daniel Stern (from the home alone movies) had passed away years ago. Shortly after the second home alone movie. Was checking his movie works recently and discovered he's still making movies.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
LOL!! you guys are living in a fantasy world mate. People die & people are born, there is nothing more. And that thread the OP linked, is just some clowns fooling around, and I'm pretty sure its just one person replying to his own shi*. Notice how it says "anonymous coward" We cant tell if there different users or not.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by skyblueff0
So what exactly is the point of this thread? All I know was I was link to another forum, which links me to a missing page. And then everyone started talking about conspiracy, time traveling, and global consciousness.....so what exactly is this thread about, I'm not trying to be funny either...I'm quite serious and confused.

anyone??

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Question:

Could all of this be a direct influence on the fact that I sometime hear a word and it has stopped sounding "right"?

I sometimes hear words that just no longer sound as though they should, almost as if someone went back in time and changed the word deliberately.

The current word is "interpretate". I've used it many times in my life and simliarly heard it more times than I can count. However, even as I type the word into this text box, and hear the sound of the word in my head, it doesn't feel right.

The feeling is as though, I have managed to get the word wrong, but I know that I have pronounced the word correctly in my mind, and put the right letters in the right places.

Just to make things really interesting... One afternoon, I had the same sort of feeling about the word "seventy". A number and a word that is used numerous time throughout my day. The difference here was that the word felt "horribly wrong" for twenty minutes, then all of a sudden felt perfectly natural. Normally, when a word stops feeling "right" it lasts for weeks - at least until something else stops feeling right, or my attention is diverted.

Any clues?

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by dampnickers
Question:

Could all of this be a direct influence on the fact that I sometime hear a word and it has stopped sounding "right"?

You bring up an interesting observation. I once tried a simple science experiment at a science museum at Balboa Park in San Diego. It was a fun type science museum and they had a simple telephone that you pick up and talk into. The catch was that it had a switch that allowed your voice to be delayed for a fraction of a second to the ear piece. When this happened, it threw your feedback system between the voice and the ear into total confusion so that you could not speak, because you were still waiting for your voice to be heard.

This is what I believe is happening on a consciousness scale. Something introduced a short delay in time and people are becoming confused as to what they are believing they are seeing, because there was a shift.

[edit on 22-3-2008 by ben91069]

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I am not sure if this has already been posted here since I don't have time to read all the posting..but Project Camelot has a tribute page for the ones who died.

researcher or whistleblower who has died for their cause

Project Camelot

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by dampnickers

interpretate is wrong. “Interpretate” is mistakenly formed from “interpretation,” but the verb form is simply “interpret.”

I'm not trying to be the spelling police, but I thought I would point that out to you. I do understand the feeling of a word not feeling right. That word for me was four. That word never felt right , and it never sounded right to me since I started school as a child. There was another word that I felt was wrong but it has been 35 years since then and I have forgotten it. Which is odd for me to forget. Makes me wounder if that word ever was a word in this weird world.

Sis

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Mickey Rooney . . . yes, I remember him dying but now he is alive again it seems.

This is too much like that movie "Dark City." Each day they change everything around, but this particular event (Rooney's death) did not get fully erased from my memory.

JUST WHEN YOU THOUGHT IT WAS SAFE TO GO BACK TO SLEEP...

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Um, correction: Johnny Cash DID die after June. I rememeber it very well because a co-worker said at the time of June's death that she thought Johnny would die shortly after her, which he did. He died about 3 or 4 months later.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by forestlady

Yes, I know what you are saying here, but something is amiss. I thought the same thing, yet now I remember that it happened the opposite to what you are saying. I am fairly sure of it, because I piece together moments of the past by attributing them to things I know about.

I distinctly remember Johnny Cash dying and then June being a widow for a short time. I cannot point to a source of evidence of this, other than I remember it one way and now it is being presented as the opposite.

The issue here is that we are not believing what we are actually seeing.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by spaznational
Mickey Rooney . . . yes, I remember him dying but now he is alive again it seems.

This is too much like that movie "Dark City." Each day they change everything around, but this particular event (Rooney's death) did not get fully erased from my memory.

JUST WHEN YOU THOUGHT IT WAS SAFE TO GO BACK TO SLEEP...

That's funny, thanks for the laugh Spaznational

I agree, it's like Dark City. Terrific movie.

Fascinating topic!

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I am constantly surprised by hearing people are alive after I heard they were dead the guy from Goodtimes is one I remember another is the father from Munsters. some of the names on that website really shocked me I was sure some of those people were dead and a few listed I don't remember at all. Isn't it funny when you remember someone was the lead in a film only to find out they were never even in that film?

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ben91069

I have had my strange moments, but I just passed them off as unusual. I just find it hard to believe that so many people cannot agree on when someone kicked the bucket or not as if our memories are not that clear at all.

Haha I know what you mean Ben. Sometimes there are little things that happen or that I notice that make me feel like I've lost my mind lol. It's weird.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I forgot to mention that my dad thought that the lead singer from the rock band Boston, had died like a long time ago back in the seventies/eighties.

And then he just found out that he really just died like last year.

I don't know why he always thought he had died in the seventies/eighties.

[edit on 22-3-2008 by thehumbleone]

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluntman

Are you effin kidding me? Billy Graham is still alive?!?!?

I swear to God he died like a couple months or a year ago. I even recall seeing a memorial on TBN.

Haha this is too weird.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by thehumbleone

And now you see what I am getting at. I saw it on TV that Billy Graham died and thought it odd that a religious man was getting a funeral the likes of a statesman. In other words, the state is supposed to be separate from the church, yet here all these political dignitaries come calling to his funeral.

So now Billy Graham is alive and kicking, imagine that?

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by HuntaXX
There is no amount of proof good enough to satisfy a closed mind and plenty of proof for those that know how to view the world through the eyes of their true selves
Neiby Huntaxx should practice what they preach.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ben91069

Haha, Ben, this is really strange. But at the same time it's kinda cool.

What an interesting Universe we live in!

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by thehumbleone

and its also a tie in with the other thread I started about Good Friday.

LINK

The first time I ever remember the NYSE being closed for a religious day, and to what end?

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   

anyone??

Not being the "author" of this thread, I can obviously only speak for myself. And the "point", to me, is gathering and discussing (at least I hoped there would be a discussion, but perhaps it's too early for that, or maybe just the wrong setting) accounts of certain perceptual anomalies - the so called "alive again" phenomenon, i.e. having a vivid recollection of having heard, read, discussed even a celebrity's demise and then later finding out that the person had NOT died at the time you thought.

The world - our perception of it, that is - is much more plastic than most people seem to realise or even dream of. That, to me, is the relevance - the "point" - of calling attention on subjects like this one.

Here is a website that discusses this same phenomenon:

"Alive again"

[edit on 22-3-2008 by Vanitas]

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join