It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The highest strangeness I've seen on the web

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
There may actually be a scientific explanation that no one here will want to accept. Quantum has proven that molecules are actually self-aware, and will act upon multiple realities simultaneously, until they are directly observed.

And that is getting onto my whole point. I saw something happen today on the 21st of March. I saw some people pointing that time changed, and I thought they were hoaxers, but they pointed out an older thread from about 3 years back that had this same confusion (the OP in which I linked).

Something happened and someone saw it and left the forums laughing.

Now, I see it and am presenting it to you all.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by chromatico
People get false memories. It's just a neural glitch...it's MUNDANE! Find something better to talk about!

"Neural glitch"...?
Where is the evidence that the brain even has such "glitches"?
Or that they don't serve a perfectly functional purpose, however arcane it may be in the eyes of myopic "science" (in which case they are not "glitches")?

A close-circuited theory, forever self-referring, does not constitute "evidence", you know - not by any stretch of the imagination.

And close-circuited theories are about the only thing that neuropsychiatry can offer these days.
I should know.

(BTW, it's not good manners - and it certainly doesn't inspire respect - to tell people what they should talk about, you know...?)

[edit on 21-3-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
What about Harry Blackstone the magician? He died in 97?

I thought it was later than that.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
and here's another anomaly. Johnny Cash dies in reality then June, but here we have it that June dies before Johnny:

June survived Johnny cash, yet here they have it that June dies in May, then Johnny dies in September.

[edit on 21-3-2008 by ben91069]

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   

I would call it the multi-verse syndrome. Our conscious functions in multiple realms tied into all, so the conscious subconscious can touch any one of the other time-lines but with different inter-opulating fragmented memory outcome.

I think it's the "multiverse", too.
In fact, I am thinking about the possibility that each one of us may be even deciding the "outcome" of anything we see on TV - including films - as we watch... Not ALL the time, not necessarily - but I think the potential is there.

Sounds absurd?
Maybe it is.
Then again, isn't "absurdity" the true hallmark of an outrageous truth...?

Credo quia absurdum est.

(If anyone is interested in discussing this further, stay tuned. I am thinking of writing a little musing about this.)

I noticed there was something wrong with reality back in the 60s

So did I - as soon as I was born.

[edit on 22-3-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
What about Walt Disney? WDW opened in 1971 and the guy died like a year and no more than 2 years before it opened, yet here it says 1966:

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Now its saying Morton Downey Jr. died.

link

Is this just me or are you all seeing this?

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Rodney Dangerfield, 2004.

That happened a year or so later.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ben91069
Rodney Dangerfield, 2004.

That happened a year or so later.

actually, theres an episode of Celebrity Deathmatch (giggles) that specifically says "So Rodney, whats it like to be back?"
"Back from where?"
"Back from 2003, your alive again Rodney"

The cast brings him back to fight in the match. I watched it last night I'll try and find it

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Ahem

Please stay on topic. If you really have nothing more to add to the discussion at hand, please feel free to persue the myriad of other of other threads here at ATS.

Thanks

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ben91069

My friend thought he died a few years ago. This is strange. You know something is up when so many people have the same experience.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by talisman

Because a lot of people misplace their car keys do we know something is going on?

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Here's another one: Ayatollah Khomeini, 1989.

I thought he lived about 10 more years than 1989.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ben91069

I am a figment of your imagination. Nothing you see is real. You are God, and this is how you amuse yourself, by trying to forget your omnipotence.

Here are some threads you might be interested in...

Time Stamps
What's the Frequency Kenneth?!!!
Another time stamp thread
Seeing 9:11

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
One more just for good measure:

I remember Dean Martin Being alive a few years after 1995. He is from Eastern Ohio for God's sake, and I remember him still being around in 97'.

[edit on 22-3-2008 by ben91069]

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Dude, sorry to burst your bubble but Disney World DID open after he died. In his honor.
I am intrigued by this thread, but I have a sneaking suspicion that the site your getting these names off of could be wrong with some of these dates. Not all of them, that's what intrigues me.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Whoooooa folks "Borgnine is still alive"????? He died years ago, I remember it being mentioned in the news. I also clearly remember Karen Carpenter dieing in 1973 of anorexia. However I told a friend about it in 2006 while talking about the Carpenters and their music. Two days later they informed me she died in 1983. I am not the only one remembering the 1973 date.

On another note, I have told friends that a "new" song was in fact years old and I even knew the words though at the time this was its first release.

As for Walt Disney, yep 1966 remember it. He never got the chance to see his dream come true. He died either just before the ground braking or just after, that part is a little fuzzy. Remember Sputnik being launched too so the odds are I have lived through as an adult what many of you remember as kids or were not even born yet.

When I read in the thread that Micky Rooney is still alive, interesting. I remembered him as one of my favorite actors and was sorry to hear of his passing in the 80's. This is not regarding hearing about one of his children dieing since that is news to me.

Decided to look up another of my favorites Humphrey Bogart and I find listed Lauren Bacall as still being alive however I remember her passing in 2006. The listing for Humphrey Bogart as 1957 hold true to memory. Now the real kicker is Cary Grant my all time favorite listed as dieing 1986 but I clearly remember seeing him alive and well in 1998. Thinking for a man in his nineties he still had good looks and charm.

There are those here who have posted saying it is just a glitch in memory. If this is the case then we as humans are in trouble since many claim to have had the same experience. However IMHO it deals in time and how we perceive it and time dilations/distortions. Does this mean that what we perceive is not real, no. Just not the total possible realities that at times are or can be shifted to different ones other than the ones we remember/perceived.

Why and how the shift occurs is not the point but that it does. Something on the line of Schrödinger's cat and Heisenberg's uncertainty principle but in this case we're the cat.

[edit on 3/22/2008 by pstrron]

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by pstrron

There is no "shift". People have bad memories. That is all.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Curio
Very weird. Two of the actors in that thread really hit a note with me. Firstly, I'm absolutely shocked that Ernest Borgnine is still alive....I mean it floored me. I remember he died! I was a huge fan of Airwolf when I was younger and I remember hearing the news and being a bit sad about it.
Then Jack Palance - like one of the posters in the thread I was absolutely convinced he died during the filming of City Slickers 2 - I remember watching a show on TV about it.

This is making my head hurt

[edit on 21-3-2008 by Curio]

If your talking about the old guy that had the twin brother in that movie he DID die during filming and i remember it very clearly as well

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   
it is very odd. Perhaps those interested should keep death notes, writing down the names of those who have died along with the time and the cause of death. If you find yourself in a world where a person is alive whose name you've written down, you'll have all the proof you'll need. of course, that's assuming the death notes don't change right along wiith world events.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join