It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The highest strangeness I've seen on the web

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Here's a nice website that has a database of those who have supposedly died:

LINK

Now, I would encourage anyone to browse the list and see if any names ring a bell if they did die or if they are still alive.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Ok. Very weird.

I swear I remember Arthur C. Clarke dieing in maybe 2003? I remember over at enterprisemission.com uncle Hoagy did a tribute and there were articles later saying "what did he know to write 2001, 2010.

I also distinctly remember John Amos from Goodtimes was dead. There was a show about Good Times and they were talking about how he had died. I remember thinking it was sad as he died young.

I also seem to remember Mickey Rooney dieing awhile back as I have a memory of thinking he had lived such a long time from doing the Judy Garland type stuff.

Uhm... huh? I am so confused.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
On a side note...

Just for giggles, I decided to google the phrase "I thought Mandela died in prison" just to see if this was a common mistake other people had also made.

This was only 40 minutes after I posted my story in this thread and on page 1 of the search results I found my post from above.

Dayum! When did google get so quick?

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by merkaba93

Look, it's all false memories. That's it! WTH are you guys still talking about this?

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by chromatico
reply to post by merkaba93

Look, it's all false memories. That's it! WTH are you guys still talking about this?

...because it's a "forum". On a "conspiracy" site. Is that OK with you?

Anyway, yeah I also Googled for things like "thought Ernest Borgnine/Jack Palance was dead" etc and it does seem loads of people get caught out with those two

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
The reason for this thread is because something happened. Something made us forget who we are.

We overlooked something and are on a second reality that happened at a certain time.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
People get false memories. It's just a neural glitch...it's MUNDANE! Find something better to talk about!

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   

People get false memories. It's just a neural glitch...it's MUNDANE! Find something better to talk about!

Apparently a lot of people think there is something with this. Sorry you don't think so.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ben91069

Your condescension is not requested or even helpful.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Look at this:

Yasser Arafat died in Nov. 2004.

That is certainly not right, because I remember he died after I started working again in 2006.

WTF?

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   

You had a false memory is what it means.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Anyway, yeah I also Googled for things like "thought Ernest Borgnine/Jack Palance was dead" etc and it does seem loads of people get caught out with those two

Really?!

If that is so - and no such phenomena, or at least significantly less, appear reported regarding other celebrities - it would certainly indicate the possibility of something more than just "distraction" or "false memories" (whatever that is - in my opinion, no memory is "false", certainly not after it has entered your memory pool - but this is not the place to discuss it, it's totally off-topic.)

Unless - of course - those two actually were falsely reported to have died by the media. (In which case some trail must exist in said media: a retraction, a discussion on a forum, things like that.)

[edit on 21-3-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Then why are you wasting your precious time looking and even posting in this topic! Even if it is "false memories" it's still interesting to some people and warrants an intelligent discussion. Why not go off and look at something you find interesting?

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   

But, Ben, Arafat DID die in 2004.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas

But, Ben, Arafat DID die in 2004.

But I don't remember it that way at all. I remember it a couple years later.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   

I remember hearing Fidel Castro had died atleast a year ago. I don't recall from where i heard he had died but

Oh, there were "real" (false) reports by at least one TV station - in Florida, I think.
I didn't see the reports myself, but I heard on CNN that they (the other network, in Florida or wherever) reported Castro's death, apparently because they were so sure he would die then.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
What about Bill Bixby? It says 1993 he died.

I don't remember him dying in 1993. I don't remember him dying at all, but playing roles later than that.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Well no, I guess the only source is my TV as well... What about Anna Nicole Smith

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
There may actually be a scientific explanation that no one here will want to accept. Quantum has proven that molecules are actually self-aware, and will act upon multiple realities simultaneously, until they are directly observed.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ketzer22

Well no, I guess the only source is my TV as well... What about Anna Nicole Smith

Well, the only picture we have of her in death is in the tabloids. A doctored photo if you will.

So where is the proof?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join