It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The highest strangeness I've seen on the web

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I find it interesting that many people are assuming time travel is the cause of this phenomena considering that time travel does not really exist. only the means of changing ones point of focus and as a result ones point of existence

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Dan Rather was attacked by a time-traveler.

Kenneth! What's the Frequency Kenneth?!!!

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

Mod Edit: One Line Responses -- Please Review

[edit on 22-3-2008 by chissler]

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

What makes you believe it was a time traveler and how is it relevant to this thread? you may also find through further study that what you call "time travel" is in fact more of a "dimensional travel"

Hmmm i just remembered something. about 8 years ago a skyscraper went up in an empty lot near where i lived in a single day and when i asked others about it they all claimed it had been there for several months but since i walked past it almost every day and had even stopped and sat on the bench that used to be there a couple of times (it was a very small park the day before) i knew for a fact that there was no way this huge building could have been built in a single day. i was very busy at the time so i sort of dismissed it as one of those odd things and i knew nothing about the things i know now so ive never really even though about it until this thread reminded me of it. i wonder if its tied in with whatever caused these people to remember those people dying twice?

[edit on 21-3-2008 by HuntaXX]

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by HuntaXX

What makes you believe it was a time traveler and how is it relevant to this thread?

I don't necessarily believe it, but it's the inmates version anyway.

Is time displacement not to be discussed on this thread for some reason?

you may also find through further study that what you call "time travel" is in fact more of a "dimensional travel"

Yes, I am actually quite aware of that thank you.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
is that like the advertisements for new movies changing on random VHS tapes?...

I used to hang out at my cousins house everyday and we'd play cards and socialize with other friends and we'd play movies for his child and the other kids that came over; needless to say the kids would watch the same movies over and over again as most children do and we would also watch some of them because hey some of them were classics from when we were kids and some of the newer ones are cool! lol and we noticed that the advertisements for the movies in the beginning changed over time, we were astonished one day to pop in the same movie and watch an advertisement for a totally different video than we had watched just the day before, and his kid would get all excited and want to watch the 'new' movies she hadn't seen before.... It was WEIRD..

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
reply to post by HuntaXX

What makes you believe it was a time traveler and how is it relevant to this thread?

I don't necessarily believe it, but it's the inmates version anyway.

Is time displacement not to be discussed on this thread for some reason?

you may also find through further study that what you call "time travel" is in fact more of a "dimensional travel"

Yes, I am actually quite aware of that thank you.

Time displacement is certainly relevant to this thread i was simply wondering how this one person among many that believed they have met time travelers was relevant to this particular thread. you must admit it was kind of random

Im glad you know how displacement works as it makes it easier for you to see why i don't like the term "time travel" as its very misleading for those trying to understand the true nature of these events

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by PuRe EnErGy

I clearly remember an experience I had when I was younger. This was back when there were only three movie channels on cable, and a new movie coming out on HBO was a big deal. Especially since we never went to the movies, and video rentals was something that had not come to our town yet.

So there my Mom was, all ready to watch this new movie called Starman. A little way into it, I got bored and told her I had already seen it. She explained that I had not, since this was the HBO premiere. I insisted I had, though I could not remember where. I did remember however, that it had been about a year before. She gave me the "yeah right, whatever look," until she yelled at me to shut up as I kept telling her what was going to happen next.

Also, this happened just yesterday. I went looking for a book to quote a reference from. It was not in the box I thought it was in, so I looked all over the place for it. Finally I returned to the original box, insisting to myself that it had to be there, that I had just missed it, mixed up with the other stuff. There it was, sitting right on top, along with a few other papers that I had taken off the top of the box originally, so I clearly remember that the book was certainly not on top of the box. "Where was it?" I asked my grandmother who had been sitting in front of the box the whole time. She had no idea what I was talking about. She was locked into an episode of Monk, and hadn't noticed anything, other than my looking through the box. Did this book suddenly reappear right under her nose without even seeing the materialization occur?

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Okay, let's clear the air hear. Does anyone remember Mickey Rooney dying?

According to this website he is alive and well:

Mickey Rooney

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by HuntaXX

The thread that I tossed out there, is chock full of oddities that I thought might be of interest to those reading this thread.

Time-travel is not a linear event I agree, however, it is a commonly recognizeable laymans term, and I am not prepared to go into a lengthy discussion in quantum.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ben91069

Maybe everyone thought he was dead, after seeing him in that commercial being henpecked to death. Wasn't it some insurance ad or something?

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Jenny Randles wrote a great book reviewing "time" anomilies called "Time Storms"

paranormal.about.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   

By the way, I am not trying to debunk this idea at all. I have seen many odd things along these lines, but not always with people dieing.

One of the wierder things I've had happen far too many times, is when I run into someone I knew back in high school, they are more than shocked to see me, believing for whatever reason, that I had died. This actually started not too long after I left high-school in fact. One person actually remembers coming to my funeral!

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox

By the way, I am not trying to debunk this idea at all. I have seen many odd things along these lines, but not always with people dieing.

I didn't think you were, however I never considered this idea before but it is possible that there are two different realities at work here, with one trying to overpower the other.

I have had my strange moments, but I just passed them off as unusual. I just find it hard to believe that so many people cannot agree on when someone kicked the bucket or not as if our memories are not that clear at all.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
This is so interesting, because I had 2 experiences where I swore I'd seen celebrity death announcements on the evening news only to see those people on TV again later.

The first actor I remember dying was Ray Walston. This was during the mid-80s or so, and remembering the newscaster talking about his role on My Favorite Martian. Then, when I was older, I saw him playing a judge in Picket Fences. Even Wikipedia has his death listed as being in 2001.

en.wikipedia.org...

The second actor I remember dying was John Amos, the father in Good Times and in Coming to America. I remember that newscast happening during the in the late-80s, maybe early 90s, but I certainly remember it. Here's the Wikipedia entry, he's still apparently alive.

en.wikipedia.org...

I could never explain what happened there. The one that turned my head that most was Walston, because so much time had passed between the report and seeing him playing the judge. Amos was interesting, too, because here I thought he was dead and then I saw him at a Good Times reunion.

Does anyone else remember seeing either of these?

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
So what exactly is the point of this thread? All I know was I was link to another forum, which links me to a missing page. And then everyone started talking about conspiracy, time traveling, and global consciousness.....so what exactly is this thread about, I'm not trying to be funny either...I'm quite serious and confused.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by skyblueff0
So what exactly is the point of this thread? All I know was I was link to another forum, which links me to a missing page. And then everyone started talking about conspiracy, time traveling, and global consciousness.....so what exactly is this thread about, I'm not trying to be funny either...I'm quite serious and confused.

I just checked the link and it works just fine. Are you sure about that?

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by DamnedDirtyApes
The first actor I remember dying was Ray Walston. This was during the mid-80s or so, and remembering the newscaster talking about his role on My Favorite Martian. Then, when I was older, I saw him playing a judge in Picket Fences. Even Wikipedia has his death listed as being in 2001.

Yeah, I remember this one particularly. My dad says that he used to look a lot like him so in my youth, I knew who the guy was even though 'my favorite martian' was before my day.

Then he plays Mr. Hand in "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" after I thought I was told he had passed away. But that was a while back.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   

It's called the "alive again" phenomenon.

I don't think I've experienced it, but if you go to Reality Shifters, you'll find a few posts about that, among other things.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by DamnedDirtyApes

Maybe because of his role on Star Trek:TNG where he played the role of a sage mentor to Piccard during his Academy days and died on the show?

Abe Vigoda would be the most famous case of mistaken death as it has been announced at least twice by the media and he is still alive. Saddly even I had to check if he was still alive as of this post.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join