It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The highest strangeness I've seen on the web

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_chancealot

Something very similar happened to an aunt of mine.
(She had heard that a person had died, and everyone was discussing it - until the person died again... some two years later.
)

But, just to exclude more mundane explanations (if it's even possible at this point)... couldn't the second man have been a brother or some other relative, physically similar to the "dearly departed" one?

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I got this feeling of high strangeness when I heard of Clarke's death.

I had a distinct memory of him dying towards the end of 1999 or possibly in 2000. I recall talking to friends about the irony that he didn't make it to 2001.

I did a little searching and found this:

graa.gsfc.nasa.gov...

OBITS:
HOWARD E. BARNES: Died on March 8, 2000
CHARLES V. MOYER: December 30, l999 of Lou Gehrig disease.
PAUL A. LANTZ: Died February 2, 2000. Retired from NASA in l974 after 20 years of service.
ARTHUR C. CLARKE: Died in Colorado February l0, 2000 of pulmonary fibrosis.
SYLVIA LOOKABILL: of Bowie, MD, died 2/25/00 of cancer.

Would anyone care to explain this?

Falken

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DerekFalken

Whoa!
Good find, Derek.

Could it be a namesake?
(It is possible.)

If not, is there a retraction somewhere? (There should be, of course.)
I also think it would be a good idea to contact them and ask them to explain it. (They ARE bound - if "only" by etiquette - to respond.)

[edit on 24-3-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I also found this article:

Newsvine

It talks about Jack Palance & Arthur C Clarke and is date Nov 17, 2006 (unless its some sort of hoax article).

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Curio

Ernest Borgnine is still alive? WTH?

I remember as clearly as i am sitting here now when they announced it on the news and they showed a picture of his WIDOW.

I think Hollywood is playing head games with us. Somebody is.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Nope, sorry Clarke has been around my section of multiverse for a long time, and I have been aware of his continued existance uninterrupted at least several times a year.

If the weirdness started in the sixtys, they had a phrase you may recall.

Don't do the brown acid!

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Death is just a birth into our true existence, I believe this without a doubt. Science (quantum physics) and Spirituality are just some tools that try to explain life as being a light of energy (light never dies, it only exceeds beyond).

You can all experience these through your own lying eyes by trying shamanic plants such as (Salvia, '___', etc...) all these psychedelic experiences have very similar shift in our consciousnesses saying that we're all ONE with universe and life just keeps on moving.

It is though up to every individual to accept this change as just part of their lives. We are "immortal", this body is just a vehicle for us to experience this world through to help ourselves evolve, I have a thread on this if you like to read more about it.

“I myself do nothing. The Holy Spirit accomplishes all through me.” William Blake

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
OKay Guys, might aswell start my ATS experience here since i have something to add.

Not 100% convinced about these time anomalies but i thought id look up a few peoples names and am a bit shocked....

Doris Roberts who plays Marie Barone in Everybody Loves Raymond is still Alive. I remember seeing on the news that she died 3-4 years ago.

Does anyone else remember her dying or am i just tripping?

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TheColdDragon

Some say that when Deja Vu is experienced something has been altered. So there could be other scenarios in addition to the ones presented by you.

For example, (1) if perception is strong, perception can be misguided to believe that something has occured when in reality it did not occur, like mass hypnosis.

(2) The other side to that could be that in truth it was announced and time spliced to manufacturer a schism or partial erase. The media (TV, newspaper) could hypnotize some, but, not others to forget what was announced.

(3) The "Philadelphia Experiment" continues on a day to day basis and some people are lost in the translation only to reappear at a later date.

(4) Some of those who were announced as dead went out of their body and could not find their way back from another realm.

(5) This is the most bizarre thought: they are experimenting with bringing people back from the dead.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I have a possible answer for it. that subliminals are far more powerful than people think and they have been screwing with our minds for a lot longer than people realize and now that people are starting to spiritually evolve alot of the programming is coming undone and lots of strange things are happening

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by LI(f)E.
Doris Roberts who plays Marie Barone in Everybody Loves Raymond is still Alive. I remember seeing on the news that she died 3-4 years ago.

Does anyone else remember her dying or am i just tripping?

Not sure about her, but the guy who played her husband did die recently. I remember them talking about him being in theater and such.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ben91069

Could of been that.. But im SURE it was her.. hmmm

Im not freekd out as much now...

I guess it shows our memories cant always be accurate

I feel easier putting it down to mistaken character then to say in another "timeline" she died instead of Peter Boyle.

[edit on 25-3-2008 by LI(f)E.]

[edit on 25-3-2008 by LI(f)E.]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   

We are "immortal", this body is just a vehicle for us to experience this world through to help ourselves evolve,

Well, yes... but it's precisely that , the "experience of this world", what constitutes the beauty of being alive as we conceive it, and what people find difficult to relinquish. Isn't it?

I may be playing the devil's advocate here, but the "I" who I am, my most beautiful visions and aspirations, everything that makes me happy, even though it may be (and it is) transcendent in itself, comes from my interaction with the external world. With this world.
The beauty I see in it transcends (by far!) its mere physicality - but it does need it.
This being of mine may some day be a god, or in God; but it is the non-godly "I" who, here and now, yearns for the transcendent, and rejoices in the beauty of the world, and mourns its passing.

N.B. I am aware this is slightly off-topic, for which I apologise.

[edit on 25-3-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
ive had this happen too, quite often. for me it extends to other news events, i read or see the news, remember what happens, then, some time later, the news breaks again and i remember already knowing it....and im like "that already happened" to myself. but i never tell anyone because they would think im looney.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
This is a very interesting thread and I don't doubt anyone's claims.

I remember back when i was in grade 6 the gulf war 1 had ended. There was breaking news on CNN on how George Bush the 1st had tricked the US into war and how the US had conducted evil acts against the IRAQI people (basically from what i can remember the whole war was wrong and corrupt).

Back then i was a kid who didn't really care about politics or war so i didn't make a big deal about it. But now looking back it's like that was a different timeline and now George Bush the 1st is a hero compared to what CNN made him out to be.

I've tried to do searches and research into the end of Gulf war 1 and I cannot find any info into what i saw on CNN back then.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I had this once (about 1,5 years ago or so)! I actually thought that Larry King had died. And then I saw al his shows on CNN and I thought that they were rerunning them for some reason. Then it dawned on me that in fact he was alive! Strange!!

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Now that's just plain weird. When I heard Arthur C. Clarke died I immediately thought 'again?' I could have sworn I heard about that a year or so ago.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by HuntaXX

I think you are right, although, what you call evolution I call awakening.

Have you or anyone else noticed a pattern in the incidences like the crane falling in NY and then another one fell within a few days in FL.

Or how some news stories are repeated over and over again. With technology they could splice in whatever they choose and show a false image that after repetition becomes accepted.

Or how they blame climate change for the ice disintegration, when earthquakes and volcanoes are erupting in that area. This may seem off topic, but, it relates to the information we are being fed. All of what we think we know may, in fact, be an altered reality.

An Antarctic ice shelf nearly 14,000 square kilometres in size has started to disintegrate due to rapid climate change, scientists say.

visz.rsoe.hu...

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DaVillen

DaVillen... that is not a particularly strange "phenomenon".

It's called historiography.
(It is also called "short memory", by which very many law-abiding citizens, notably run-of-the-mill journalists, of this world seem to be afflicted, but that's a different story. ; ))

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Saddam Hussein died twice, once in '03, and again in '06.
Already explained/corrected previously perhaps?.
I swiped these off of Jordan Maxwells' site.

www.jordanmaxwell.com...

Of course this is the one most of us are familiar with-

www.jordanmaxwell.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join