It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The highest strangeness I've seen on the web

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

Did this book suddenly reappear right under her nose without even seeing the materialization occur?

I have seen things disappear into nothingness/ether/thin air. I do not know who or what it is that has the ability to do this. I also know that a sort of blindness to the object can occur where it could be right there and it not be seen.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Curio

According to CNN Jack Palance is dead.

Oscar winner Jack Palance dead at 87
November 11, 2006

LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- Actor Jack Palance, who won an Oscar with his comedic self-parody in 1991's "City Slickers," died Friday.
He was 87, said spokesman Dick Guttman, and died of natural causes in his home in Montecito, California, surrounded by his family.

www.cnn.com...

edited to include date

[edit on 23-3-2008 by Siren]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

Mistakes, evidently, will explain some, but, not all. All news reports are supposed to be verified by 3 sources and where errors are made retractions are supposed to occur. The following does not explain why the news media would report it as fact.

James Earl Jones (actor) -- Alive. On the night that James Earl Ray died, Pittsburgh baseball announcer Lanny Fratere told thousands of listeners that James Earl Jones had died.

www.dpsinfo.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by rachel07
I was one that thought that Arthur C Clarke had passed away back in the 90's, so when they showed him being buried in Sri Lanka, I told my husband that I thought he had passed away some years before, and I don't know if you noticed but he looked the same age in the 70's , as he did when he was buried in Sri Lanka. He must have been of a good age, when I was about 10 years of age, and I know he was much older than my dad, who is in his 70's now. I honestly thought he was in his 60's when I was in my pre-teens.

So, I do know where you are coming from, as per your topic.

Could this be, that many are confusing Issac Asimov, who died in 1992, with Arthur C Clarke?
Just a thought...as for the others...can´t explain, I also thought that Ernest Borgnine, had died.... so count me among the faulty memory.....

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I once watched 12 monkeys when i was a kid and I vividly remember the main character being played by Jean Reno, but i watched it recently and i was shocked to see Bruce Willis

Of course this probably has more to do with a confused memory than me living in an alternate timeline

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   

You remember.

That's it. No further explanation needed.
(Just because people think that something is "impossible", it doesn't mean it really is.)

I´m sorry, I never stated it was impossible.
And HOWdid I remember, something that occurred when I was a baby, and I remembered it as if I was an observer, and not a participant?

Whoever said you did...?

I was referring to the people around you and in general.
(Because it's "common knowledge" that children "cannot" remember anything before the age of, say, two or three...)

As to how... I have no idea.
Does it even matter?
(I mean, yes, of course it would be interesting to know how exactly, but we are not familiar with the exact know-know of very many mechanisms.)

And, of course,there is always the possibility that it is a false memory or some other deceptive phenomenon. (Everything said above still applies.)

[edit on 23-3-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by dampnickers

The current word is "interpretate".

Your mind is trying to correct the mistake, but, you have refused to look in the dictionary.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

(Because it's "common knowledge" that children "cannot" remember anything before the age of, say, two or three...)

I don't think this is true. "Common knowledge" is a generalization and there are always exceptions to the rule.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
If our perceptions can somehow affect one another, and enough people believe or not even, just conceive of something, could they induce a common 'memory' that isn't necessarily real? (This line of thinking can get very existential)

Could this account for 'mass hysteria' (if there is such a thing) or even the notion of synchronicity? Doesn't the idea of collective thought indicate that we may be subject to yet another form of influence? Might this not be a bad thing? In fact, might the effort to enjoin the focus on the subject open a 'door' to the influence?

Man, this is kinda creepy, kinda.

[edit on 23-3-2008 by Maxmars]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas

[edit on 23-3-2008 by Vanitas]

Sorry have to argue that point, you are mistaken according to this article

Memory access to our earliest influences
Journal of Heart Centered Therapies, Autumn, 2002 by David Hartman, Diane Zimberoff

Abstract: An adult in hypnotherapy can age regress to a pre-episodic childhood experience, e.g., age one or two or the womb, and can nevertheless `know' certain information about the experience. Commonly, people experience in such regressions that the environment is toxic, or that they are unwelcome, or that their parents wanted a child of the other gender. They know it to be true, without being capable of remembering it. We explore how this phenomenon happens, including the role of implicit-procedural memory and factors influencing memory retention or loss. We review the literature on traumatic memory, and the reliability of hypnotic age regression to pre- and perinatal experience. We assess documentation that the fetus and neonate do have sentient experience, and that they record the experiences in memory which is accessible later. We review current neurobiology research to trace the way in which early deeply encoded memories persevere over time and profoundly influence behavior in later life. And we consider the implications for psychotherapy with children and adults.
findarticles.com...

[edit on 23-3-2008 by NetStorm]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Siren
reply to post by Vanitas

I don't think this is true. "Common knowledge" is a generalization and there are always exceptions to the rule.

Hence the quotation marks...

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by NetStorm

I would have thought that my original reply (to you) stated my opinion clearly enough.
The second reply even bears (double!) quotation marks...

What am I supposed to draw next...?

P.S. (and not that it matters): My own earliest impressions seem to be from the time before I was one year old. I have several very distinct memories from the time I was 2-3 years, and from the age of 4 years on, the flow of memories is relatively uninterrupted.

[edit on 24-3-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Siren
reply to post by Vanitas

I also agree that this is not true. i remember the very first moment i became aware in the world and i was under 1 year old. that leads into many other strange memories such as one where i was curious about something i couldn't see from my crib so i casually astrally projected over there and took a look without thinking twice about it

another odd thing is the moment i became aware in this world i was in one of those baby car seat things and looking up at the window and i remember seeing the tops of pine trees and thinking to my self "those must be those Christmas trees" as if id heard of them before but never seen them. memory certainly is a very odd thing

[edit on 24-3-2008 by HuntaXX]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I remember a time line where Magic Johnson got AIDS, Fidel Castro was on his death bed, Dick Cheney had heart failures, and Kim Jung ill'n shot like 18 under par in his first round of golf ever.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by smarteye
I remember a time line where Magic Johnson got AIDS, Fidel Castro was on his death bed, Dick Cheney had heart failures, and Kim Jung ill'n shot like 18 under par in his first round of golf ever.

Dick cheney DID have heart failures, didn't he?

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Nothing strange here. It's easy to confuse actors, and not ever hearing about their deaths. Or just assuming their dead, then when they do die, you are like huh?

It's just confusion that's all.

Plenty of people that are dead still appear in commercials, it's called "video tape".

Just because I go back and watch the original CROW movie, doesn't mean brandon Lee is still alive......

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I think there is a fundamental strangeness which cannot be abrogated from the topic at hand.

Much akin to the principal of the 1% rule in Crop Circles, if even 1% of remembered events are being altered in some fashion and reality re-orienting itself to these changes in events, then something truly odd is going on.

There are a few possibilities that come to my mind, listed as follows;

1) The Schrodinger's cat phenomenon. It may be possible that dead people spring back to life when nobody worldwide is observing their death any longer.

2) The Anthropic Principle may be in effect, or MULTIPLE anthropic principles from varied central observers and perhaps there are multitudinous realities converging that require a "SHIFTING" of allocated data so that no information contradicts.

3) Time travel may be the culprit as well, even casual time travel may be the cause of birth marks and other prominent physical features realigning or disappearing.

4) Evil Time Travel, used for a particular purpose to propagate a particular world view... such that perhaps Arthur C. Clarke was required to survive to influence science and whatnot.

Small differences in temporal phenomenon, which often relates to memory, can have many varied culprits and causes.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
If our perceptions can somehow affect one another, and enough people believe or not even, just conceive of something, could they induce a common 'memory' that isn't necessarily real? (This line of thinking can get very existential)

That's what I was thinking. That even the chaos in the world today, isn't about cause and effect, but mainly everyone's thoughts are becoming more fearful that is creating the fearful events. It goes along with the global consciousness idea.

Also, the way I looked at it is that perhaps the shift in consciousness that many talk about is merely society starting to notice discrepancies in the timeline of events and recollecting past memories of what really happened. In a way, that could be one possibility of what both religious texts and Nostradamus describes as the dead coming out of their graves.

I don't think they would actually pop up out of the soil, for some of the dead are not even a complete body any more. I think its possible we are believing people die and that's why they aren't here. Seeing the dead merely reinforces it. Media reports of death in celebrities does not complete convince anyone because very few people saw the body of lets say Marilyn Monroe.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by smarteye
I remember a time line where Magic Johnson got AIDS,

I remember that too. It seemed like it was a sad moment as if it was his death knell, but it seems like AIDS doesn't do people in today. I guess he was the first person I know of that survived it. I know they say they can now manage it with meds though.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Years ago, a lot of people I knew talked about this one old man dying. Imagine my surprise when I drive by his house about 7 or 8 years later, and see him standing out in his driveway.

Confused gossip? Perhaps. But I know everyone was bummed out about him "dying" because he was a nice old man, only to see him with my own eyes. Talk about a jaw-dropping moment!

There is no question about my misunderstanding what I was told, and by the number of people I was told. The only misuderstanding would have to be from thinking that he was dead, when he wasn't. But the sheer number of people that were discussing this in the neighborhood makes it unlikely that this "rumor" was from a single source.

It is weird, I'll give it that.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join