It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeremiah Wright's absurd comments

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Let me start off by saying I used to be pro-Obama 100%, and as much as it pains me to say it, there is no way I could face myself if I voted for him in this upcoming election.

If you have been following the news at all lately, I'm sure you have seen some of these comments made by the "Reverend" Jeremiah Wright. The famous clip in the news right now, "Goddamn America" is not even where it starts. His lesser known sermon, the one immediately following 9/11, include statements such as

“We bombed Hiroshima. We bombed Nagasaki, and we nuked far more than the thousands in New York and the Pentagon and we never batted an eye."
and

“We have supported state terrorism against the Palestinians and black South Africans, and now we are indignant because the stuff that we have done overseas is now brought right back into our own front yards. America’s chickens are coming home to roost."

www.realclearpolitics.com...

I understand freedom of speech, but this guy is out of his mind. Along with some of his wife's comments, I am appalled Obama is still even being considered for presidency, considering the position of President is not only commander in chief, but is the one person in the United States who is supposed to lead the country.

I know he is an eloquent speaker, where he derives much of his support, but ask anyone from Illinois what he has done for their state. ( and I am asking for criticism from Ill. residents), he has done nothing other than build support for himself and the "next step" on his way to Presidency.
As much as I hate Hillary Clinton, we have never had, and do not need an unpatriotic President as Obama has proved over and over again, that he is.

I welcome any criticism about my points, but I am just fed up with his "close friends" (e.g. wife, pastor) and their unpatriotic views of this great country.

(I hope this is in the right section, long time viewer- first time poster)

Mod Note: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.
Mod Note: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 21-3-2008 by Jbird]

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
You have to wonder why the media held back this stuff until after he has got his big lead on clinton.

Makes you wonder

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS johnnyb33.

Please take a minute to review these helpful ATS links.

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

Please be sure to try to leave a link with any quoted materials,
so we can all have a look for ourselves.

And remember to use the quote tags so quoted material stands out.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Holy crap, you post Fiery political Rhetoric on the day that you join ATS?

I call TROLL!!

Mod Note: Please Stay on Topic– Review This Link.

Mod Note: Civility and Decorum are Required - Please Review This Link

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
The most ironic thing actually, is that a majority of posters here on ATS most likely agree with the comments of Jeremiah Wright....lol

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
We as a nation should have a conversation about the role of religion in politics. Other preachers made outrageous comments about 911.

Remember what Jerry Falwell said?

How about John Haggae calling the Catholic church a great whore?
He endorses McCain.

What about Rod Parsley calling for the conversion of Islam to Christianity?
He endorses McCain.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
finally some who does not agree with the media!! i can't stand how obama makes a speech on about Wrights comments and people in the media are like ok lets move on we forgive obama, that was the greatest speech since MLK I had a dream. the fact is obama attended this church for 20 years, and has been Obama's spiritual advisor. all he wants to do is change the subject and put the blame on people like his white grandma. my question is why does the media hate on hilary so much, and do they hate her so much they are willing to overlook the Reverend Wrights racist rhetoric?

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Wow another politically motived brand-spankin-new ATSer. I have heard about this sort of thing. People getting paid to join up and influence forums.

God I hate election year.

[edit on 3/21/2008 by Choronzon]

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
please please tell me that you people realize that this 25 second clip about bombing hiroshima was not even the reverend wright's own speech. it was a speech he was quoting by former iraqi ambassador Edward Peck. a white man.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Choronzon
The most ironic thing actually, is that a majority of posters here on ATS most likely agree with the comments of Jeremiah Wright....lol

Interestingly enough, upon doing a fact check I found nothing outlandish about Rev Wrights statement.

We did Bomb, we did nuke, we did support racism in So Africa, we did and do fail to demand peace between Israel and Palestine....and we did lie to invade Iraq...thereby making more of the world pissed off at the US.

If people don't like the Rev...try going to London, where Radical Muslims are allowed to say much harsher things about the west.....

Folks should just get over it and focus on the screwed up Foreign Policy we have right now....can't bomb everyone into hades and not expect "blowback."

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Choronzon
Wow another politically motived brand-spankin-new ATSer. I have heard about this sort of thing. People getting paid to join up and influence forums.

God I hate election year.

[edit on 3/21/2008 by Choronzon]

You should check out the ATS board for UFOs and Conspiracies. I used to hang out over there, but the people started getting a little *too* nutty. However, if you're inclined to believe in conspiracies everywhere you look, it might be a good fit.

"Reverend" Wright is an ignorant, bigoted racist. I don't think he's an inherently evil man, or at all an important man. He's just one more relic of a by-gone era that is slowly watching the rest of the nation leave him behind. What does concern me is the fact that Senator Obama sat in the pew for 20 YEARS and never picked up on Wright's true sentiments? Should we believe that Wright saved up all this vitrolic hate-speech for years? Its a sad day when a US Senator would refer to a man so filled with hate as his spiritual advisor. What's more despressing is that same politician trying to bill himself out as the "Hope" of the nation.

I think Wright's statements also bring into greater focus the sentiments of Mrs. Obama. Considering that Michelle Obama was never proud of her nation until her husband started to run for the Presidency, is it any surprise that their pastor has similar anti-American opinions? I think not.

One last thought about Senator Barack Obama: In a recent radio interview he referred to his grandmother as a "typical white person". Obama claimed that this "typical white person" was fearful of black men that she saw on the street, and would sometimes make racial remarks that would make young Obama "cringe". So, apparently Obama also believes that a "typical white person" is a closeted racist, who secretly makes racist statements and is fearful of black people. How can a man whose ENTIRE campaign is based upon the idea of bringing people together possible expect anyone to believe a word he says, when he makes such outrageously racist comments as that? Please, consider for a moment the hellstrom that would erupt if McCain referred to, or even mentioned the phrase, "typical black person".

Barack Obama is as racist, and hate-filled as Reverend Wright is, he simply hides it better.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
did you read what i wrote? the supposed "hate filled speech" that Wright read was from Ambassador Edward Peck. Wright was quoting that dudes speech. in fact he makes clear he was. the media just plays the supposedly incriminating section. what you don't hear is this:

“Violence begets violence, hatred begets hatred, and terrorism begets terrorism. A white ambassador said that y’all, not a black militant. Not a reverend who preaches about racism. An ambassador whose eyes are wide open and who’s trying to get us to wake up and move away from this dangerous precipice upon which we are now poised. The ambassador said the people that we are wounding don’t have the military capability we have but they do have individuals who are willing to die and take thousands with them and we need to come to grips with that.”

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Racist, bigoted, hate-filled, anti-American, blah blah blah whine whine whine.

I'm pretty sure that Americans become bigger cry babies each election cycle with the pitiful things that hurt their little feelings. I feel so bad for them I want to mail them a hug.

However, I rarely see much debate in the CONTENT of said offense, only that it bothered them someone dared to say something bad about "fill-in-the-blank".

I hate election season. Keep killing substance.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
It always interests me that politicians can't voice any criticism of the U.S.--any at all-- without falling dramatically in the polls. Yes, Rev. Wright is a leftist with a vehement delivery of his criticism. But it's established already that he is left of Obama. I have many leftist and radical friends who I don't always agree with, but I wouldn't walk out of the room if they said something uncomplimentary about the U.S. I would try to listen and understand their point of view.

I doubt many people who post here would walk out either.

Still, if a politician does anything less than run a flag up the pole at the mention of the U.S. people are outraged.

Go figure.

[edit on 22-3-2008 by Sestias]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Well, apparently not everyone here is a United States citizen. These comments are not targeted towards you, but I would still like to hear your opinion. Also, the reason of this post was not to state how un-american the "Reverend" Wright is, he is not the one running for President. I think he is a joke anyways, and honestly couldn't care less about what he has to say.

What bothers me is this is one of Obama's (The man running for President of the United States) role models. He has been listening to this "Reverend" for over twenty years now, was married to his wife by him, and even had his children baptized by this clown. (source- en.wikipedia.org...) Does it not concern any other American Obama is still a favorite after listening to this kind of nonsense about the United States?

And for your post, stikkinikki, I find it is very irrelevant to this topic. Neither spiritual leader attacked the United States as a country, just slammed other religions. And, as far as I know, neither leader is nearly as connected to John McCain as Jeremiah Wright is with Obama.

And, Choronzon, if someone was paying me to "influence forums", I don't think this is the ideal forum to try to convince people to go right wing. I know most of these viewers have already made up their mind, and I am in no place to convince them otherwise. I am simply very upset Obama is not taking more heat for these un-patriotic acts.

Note: Not sure if Wikipedia is reliable source for ATS, but the information is correct regarding the marriage/baptizing of his children.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Well, apparently not everyone here is a United States citizen. These comments are not targeted towards you, but I would still like to hear your opinion. Also, the reason of this post was not to state how un-american the "Reverend" Wright is, he is not the one running for President. I think he is a joke anyways, and honestly couldn't care less about what he has to say.

What bothers me is this is one of Obama's (The man running for President of the United States) role models. He has been listening to this "Reverend" for over twenty years now, was married to his wife by him, and even had his children baptized by this clown. (source- en.wikipedia.org...) Does it not concern any other American Obama is still a favorite after listening to this kind of nonsense about the United States?

And for your post, stikkinikki, I find it is very irrelevant to this topic. Neither spiritual leader attacked the United States as a country, just slammed other religions. And, as far as I know, neither leader is nearly as connected to John McCain as Jeremiah Wright is with Obama.

And, Choronzon, if someone was paying me to "influence forums", I don't think this is the ideal forum to try to convince people to go right wing. I know most of these viewers have already made up their mind, and I am in no place to convince them otherwise. I am simply very upset Obama is not taking more heat for these un-patriotic acts.

Note: Not sure if Wikipedia is reliable source for ATS, but the information is correct regarding the marriage/baptizing of his children.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnnyb33
"...the reason of this post was not to state how un-american the "Reverend" Wright is, he is not the one running for President. I think he is a joke anyways, and honestly couldn't care less about what he has to say."

I'd love to get your definition of Un-American. I'm not sure I've seen speech that is "Un-American", ever considering we are supposed to be free people.

Why do you find harsh condemnation of the American government to be un-American, because I might fit that mold, so let's clear it up with a definition of the term you used.

Thanks

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by stikkinikki
How about John Haggae calling the Catholic church a great whore?
He endorses McCain.

What about Rod Parsley calling for the conversion of Islam to Christianity?
He endorses McCain.

And guess who supported Obama:
Louis Farrakhan - the head of the "religion" called the Nation of Islam (bearing no actual resemblance to Islam) which believes that white people are "devils created in a laboratory by a mad scientist" - we saw the fall-out of the "racist" support of white nationalists and supremacists for Ron Paul, care to imagine what would happen if the head of the largest "Christian Identity" group in America endorsed Hillary, or McCain?

Seriously, I do believe that 9/11 (if it wasn't an inside job) was presumably caused by the "blowback" of failed Cold-War U.S. policies in the Middle East - however, that does not mitigate or "improve" Wright's statements on race - his "Reverend" does not look too friendly towards their "racist, privileged and oppressing white 'brothers' ".

Also, this isn't just some "endorsement" - this is the Pastor who's church Obama has attended for the past twenty years, married him to his wife, and baptised his children.

I believe a certain person had an almost-prescient knowledge of the current "class" of self-styled black "leaders" who excel in "victimology":

There is a class of colored people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs, and the hardships of the Negro race before the public. Some of these people do not want the Negro to lose his grievances, because they do not want to lose their jobs. There is a certain class of race-problem solvers who don’t want the patient to get well.

Were these words the ramblings of a Stormfront moderator? An American Renaissance reader? The leader of the Kansas chapter of the Klu Klux Klan?

Nope, just the musings of little ol' Booker T. Washington

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yetichi
it was a speech he was quoting

So what? He agreed with it.

HERE is the latest from him. It's a slur towards Italians. Something about garlic noses ... ?? Dunno.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
ofcource mccains crazy pastor is largy ignored by the US media:

www.huffingtonpost.com...

John McCain's "Spiritual Guide" Calls For Destruction Of Islam

yet they go on and on about Jerimiah Write as if were Obama's running mate!! shows you how biased the american media propaganda machine is.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join