It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teenager Dies after Police in Charlotte Use Taser

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Teenager Dies after Police in Charlotte Use Taser

www.wsoctv.com

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- A teenager died after police used a Taser on him inside a grocery store in northeast Charlotte.

Charlotte-Mecklenburg police homicide detectives said they will investigate why police used the Taser on 17-year-old Darryl Turner Thursday afternoon.

His mother, Tammi Fontenot, told Eyewitness News, "I want answers. I want to know why. I just want to know why."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Jeez-Louise...It was a 17 year old, non-armed KID. This tasering nonsense is getting completely out of hand IMO. They could have just tackled the kid and pinned him down, no need to electrocute him.

www.wsoctv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

apc

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
It got out of hand a long time ago.

But if the police version of events is accurate, which these days I strongly doubt, an escalation of force was justified. The taser however... no. If he had swung at the officer, maybe. But they say he was just walking towards them. Unless he was 200lbs of raw muscle, the taser was not appropriate.

At the very least this just adds merit to my position that the only people who still advocate the user of tasers when lethal force is not justified are little more than spineless state-humping swine who deserve a healthy shock to the genitalia. And a second shock for good measure.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Please add comments to existing discussion.

Thread

Thanks

Thread Closed.

new topics

top topics

join