It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Still don't believe in subliminal advertising?? Watch this.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
The best part is towards the end when advertisers were actually caught red-handed by a news investigation.

Oh yes, THEY do live!

Peace

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Sexy
Interesting video, some subs I haven't seen.

This is what I hate about 'teletoon,' It went from having absolutely no adds except for upcoming shows and whatnot to loads of commercials... and I have noticed recently the little animations before going to commercial are just way to shady. Theres one thing that's starting to become very common, and thats really fast digital/high tech/fancy flashing animations everywhere and theres no knowing what is in them.

Don't even get me started on MTV

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Please do NOT stop taking your Medication, Now people who see this will look for things that are not there, and go Invent trash, Yes i've seen advertisers who have placed ads in the afternoon cartoon slots, that could have landed someone in jail, yes jail. It's for the parent to police the shows, also the ads the stations air, and complain.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Nice thread! - I admit... I wanted to slate the video, and so I captured some of my favourite bits... see below.

no comment -almost.. I typed this

I do like this one -I'm a bloke

Messages in media could be a problem - and watched in entirety, the OP's vid is quite informative. Now I feel the need to to place a hot dog in a bun

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I have had visceral responses to subliminals before. It was not advertising but it was subliminal, none the less. For the average person who does not have a background in critical care it would probably not have been a subliminal for them. Let me explain.

It used to be that when I was driving through school zones I would get this unexplanable urge to hurry, which is, of course, prohibited. I couldn't understand why I felt such an urgency and adrenaline rush when I drove through school zones. Then one day it clicked.

You know how school zones have those wavy lines giving you a visual clue that you're driving through a school zone in case you missed the sign?

(
)
(

Well, one day as I was stopped at a 4-way stop sign, I glanced to my left where those wavy lines were indicating a school zone on that street. I was now looking at them from a different angle and it made me realize why I, as a critical care nurse, felt the need to "hurry".

~~~~

On an EKG tracing, this is a picture of the heart waving bye bye. It's an indication of an agonal, life-threatening rhythm. Because of my professional background I had been trained to recognize that pattern and respond rapidly. When seeing the same pattern from a different angle, my subconscious mind recognized it and my body reacted with the same rush of adrenaline but consciously it created confusion as I was clearly not seeing a fatal heart rhythm but just a school zone warning.

If you ever get the chance to check out the movie poster (it's large-can't miss the subliminal) look at the advertisement for Silence Of The Lambs, focusing on the butterfly in the girls mouth. The skulls making up the butterfly are actually 3 naked women, cleverly posed.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Dr. Love, please accept my apologies for killing your perfectly good thread. Mea Culpa.
I will now drag my threadkilling self over to threadkillers anonymous for a refresher course and a hot cocoa.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
This just isn't any good in my opinion.

So yes, things occasionally look like lines and circles and *gasp* people do use sex to sell, but since when was that subliminal?

I mean, should we stop building tunnels for cars to travel in because it'd look suspicious from above?

HOT! How can you resist such alluring imagery??

I mean, come on! The ram's head? What so if you look at a ram face on in real life it's arousing and sexual for men because the outline vaguely matches the female reproductive system. Righto.

This is ranking high up on the BS scale for me.

Take from it what you will but this is absolutely ridiculous and a huge waste of time to me.

Oh and I realise the Aria stuff is legitimate. That's great but sadly it's the only legitimate section of this video and that's because it's thanks to MediaWatch rather than some paranoid person on Youtube making videos about lines and circles in Mario...

[edit on 29/3/08 by Duality]

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

I dont see the women...?
After looking at it and using ones imagination, it can be reasoned out though.
Butterfly

Click image in link.

[edit on 29-3-2008 by ADVISOR]

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

It was blatantly obvious standing in front of a 4 foot poster but is still noticeable in the link you provided.

The "forehead" of the skull is a seated woman facing forward with her arms outstretched to her sides. Lower half of her body is not noticeable. The "eyes" of the skull are the back of 2 womens heads. (Their hair) The "nose" of the skull are the backs of the same 2 women.

See it now? The subliminal of this advertising links naked;(ie: objectified) women with death (skulls). Your standard "women as victim" movie.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Duality

i was thinking the same thing.
lol

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I myself as a artists can draw and make conclusions from these type of commercials all day long. Some are pretty good examples but others are stretching it.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I've been researching subliminal advertisements for a long time now, and have seen thier effectiveness first hand.

So i find this thread very interesting, although I thought I've seen mostly all of the more well known ones, I hadn't seen the Dodge one yet. amazing stuff there.

Good thread. Starred!

Remember that episode of.... what was it? Iron Chef or something, and they left that McDonalds ad up for aboput a good 2 frames (way too long)and everyone saw it, haha, oopsie(that type of stuff is going on all the time, I believe, and when done fast enough, it does the job, and no one is the wiser, scary really. When you think of subliminals being used not just to sell you merchandise, but to sell you ideas, and basically implant ideas in your mind, in other words....brainwashing you.

But They were caught red handed on that Iron chef show, that was classic.I wish it had been something a bit more nefarious like during a Presidential speech, and the words "Support the War"! flashed up, but stayed up for too long, and the whole world caught something like that.

I do think this is mental invasion, since you are not consciously(sp/) aware that these things are influenceing your mind.

Once you start to get a good idea on how this works you can amuse yourself while waiting in ANY waiting room that has magazines out. Look at the full page cigarette ads, and alchohol ads. Look for sexual shapes, and the letters SEX, even just the S, and the X will work.

Also look for faces, we all love faces, look for them in smoke and clouds ect, it becomes rediculous once you know what to look for, they are usually very cute "muppet" looking faces.

Also look at the people in the adds, and look at where they are looking, it will usually lead you in the right area.

So next time your waiting in the doctors office or the ER or what have you, try it out, it's fun, and passes the time.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
haha good vid some of these are real subliminal messages, but some of them are just mistaken as coincidences.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by whitewave
Dr. Love, please accept my apologies for killing your perfectly good thread.

I wasn't aware you had.

Sure enough, that is three naked women, two sitting, facing away, and the other standing up facing towards me. Good catch.

Peace

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
i went to the "silence of the lambs" website and they had about 65 different posters from various countries with the butterfly in the mouth picture...i enlarged it to 400% and there WASN'T 3 naked women, and i "studied" them pretty long for that.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Subliminal messaging will only improve with technology and time. The scariest conspiracy in my opinion is when an advertisement for say MCdonalds has subliminal messaging telling you to join the millitary or unrelated things. That in my opinion is the scariest conspiracy ever no combating it and no way to stop it.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Okay, on the topic of the fallout example; i don't think that it's so much subliminal advertising so much as paying simple homage to the genre, but otherwise the OP is pretty much on the dot with this one.

I even want to go out and buy some Olay skin-care products, even though i've never used the corporate waste in my entire life.

I think a lot of this depends strongly on the viewer's psyche in the first place - perhaps those who are more attuned to the material realm wherein we find everything that can be found (materially) will be more effected by something that they don't see.

For a brief explanation of how subliminal advertising works, i'll try and compare it to normal advertising - In normal advertising the aim is to get you to think about it, to think about the product they are trying to force-feed down your throat via numerous methods of advertising, whether with a healthy injection of Comedy, Emotional Blackmail, Professional Confidence, w/e - But with subliminal advertising the objective is still the same, but the methods used are on a whole other level of subtlety.

Instead of trying to force-feed information into your brain, they simply do what i like to call "False Inspiration" which involves force-feeding an idea into your brain, and hoping that you'll take it from there.

In some people, this method of advertising can be so effective they'll literally stop what they're doing and go out and buy whatever it is that's being advertised - immediately.

This is nothing more than a civilised evolution of psychological warfare.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by whitewave
reply to post by ADVISOR

It was blatantly obvious standing in front of a 4 foot poster but is still noticeable in the link you provided.

It`s actually lifted from an original Dali portrait:

posterwire

The same idea was re-used for this movie:

The Descent

(edits to fix some links)

[edit on 30-3-2008 by solo32_98]

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Duality

Take from it what you will but this is absolutely ridiculous and a huge waste of time to me.

There's no BS here... advertising is an art form of putting subliminal messages in people's head as well as appealing to their baser instincts...

For God's sakes, advertising executives have to pass courses where they learn how to play on human desires like sex, social status etc.

This is common knowledge... seriously.

I did find the Mario symbols to be a waste of time though.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldOver

Originally posted by Duality

There's no BS here... advertising is an art form of putting subliminal messages in people's head as well as appealing to their baser instincts...

For God's sakes, advertising executives have to pass courses where they learn how to play on human desires like sex, social status etc.

This is common knowledge... seriously.

Yes, there is such a thing as subliminal advertising. I just don't think this video has many good examples of it. The examples in this video are pretty silly. I couldn't even watch all of it because it was so silly. I stopped watching when it started comparing breakfast cereal shapes to video game imagery.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join