It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creepy Pantry Ghost.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
A friend forwarded this video to me yesterday. Its pretty creepy but.....I was hoping there might be someone here that might be able to explain how it could have been faked.

Pantry Ghost

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by QBSneak000

Well my guess is....

Due to the lack of emotion from the camera man, I would assume that he is in on the gag. The girl behind the glass simply moves to her left and squeezes her body against the wall. Notice how the camera doesn't show you the whole pantry.

If this were real, then there would be a panic emotion coming from the cameraman, and he would have at least shown the whole pantry not just the back of it.

My 2 cents

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Yeah, I'm sure somebody is going to stay up all night holding a video camera by hand, rather than sitting it on a tripod and going to bed.

And when some little creepy ghost appears behind the glass, I'm sure the first thing they'd do is, well, jiggle a little. If it was anybody else, the camera would be on the floor and the photographer would be dashing to the bathroom to wash their underwear out.

I think these faked YouTube ghost videos are actually becoming more popular than the fake UFO videos. Looks like they take a lot less technical know-how.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I hear you!! I would have crapped my pants if I had seen something like that. Its just so weird how he goes back to open the door and nobody is there.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
See the entire series of vids...
It started with the camera set on something....
In the later vids the owners of the house is in them.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Sadly it's very hard to believe in "real ghost clips" when there are so many fake ones. What people can do with a little fantasy and a camcorder nowadays is limitless!
It was pretty creepy, though!
But what's up with all these "the Ring girl-ghosts" in creepy films these days???

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stanley Mimix
Sadly it's very hard to believe in "real ghost clips" when there are so many fake ones. What people can do with a little fantasy and a camcorder nowadays is limitless!
It was pretty creepy, though!
But what's up with all these "the Ring girl-ghosts" in creepy films these days???

I know! A very similar girl is even in the computer game F.E.A.R.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Stanley Mimix

little girl ghost's are just creepy! I agree that this could have been easily faked nowadays. Just as everything else can be. But dang that creeped me the (blank) out when I first watched it

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Yea i thought about this one a while ago when it was posted and i have figured out that the best hoax is one that doesn't use camera CGI. This is how i could easily pull of the same effect:

Run fishing line under the bottom of the door and up the inside to above the door where there is a pully system or wheel type thing. Just think the image of pulling up a sail on a boat by pulley but instead of a sail being pulled up they are pulling up an image of a ghost printed on some sort of material. the end of the line is attached to the bottom of the print because watch as the ghost appears coming down at an angle, and as they pull it up it leaves or fades from the bottom up. The real way to see it is fake is because the exact same movement timing of appearing on the window and leaving and angles and everything appears twice during both appearances. No ghost or anything ever caught on camera that is legitamate has ever done the exact same smooth transition movement twice on film, because it's just not natural. Even going through our day we do many of the same movements and rituals but we do them slightly different each time.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I love that video, that is awesome! Totally completely set up and fake, but still very awesome.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
ive just watched the clip sevral times and i think that the image of what looks to be a girl is probably faked. However just before he opens the door at around 1:09 there seems to be an orb fly across the bottom right corner of the screen.

Has anyone else noticed this and what do you think?

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
it looks like the "ghost" is superimposed using video editing software. You can achieve this effect quite easily. The image wavers a bit and looks strange around the edges. An imperfect edit i'd say.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 05:48 AM
link   
First off, I'd like to say that the pantry experience was not only caught on tape by saremy127, the man that filmed the first videos that you're talking about. He actually did move out of his home and another group found and examined the house after. On YouTube you can find their videos by looking up the screen name "PantryGhost"

Second: I don't really think it's fair for anyone to say "He didn't react the way I would have reacted so he must be faking". Truth is, I probably would have stuck around and opened the door, and continued whispering; but I know other people that would have booked without a second thought. We all react differently.

Third: If you pay close attention to ALL the videos, and the ones done by PantryGhost for good measure, you can clearly see that the girl appears with her hands in slightly different positions and comes in and out at different angles. Also, in different parts of the video where the OP opens the pantry door twice, you can tell that the pantry is far too small for a child to actually hide in the pantry while the OP examines the inside. You see both sides of the pantry, so there's no pully system, and a trap door? Come on.

No "fishing line" rigging would have been able to twist open that door knob.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by depth om

are you #ing retarded its not video edited

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Oh yes this video again. This video has been discussed SO MUCH here on ATS. Here are just a small portion of the threads already in exsistance about this very video. Perhaps your answers will lie among them. Feel free to do a search your self and see what you come up with.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Check those threads out and you will no doubt find an explanation for this video. Its been discussed so many times here.

In my opinion it is fake. Some kind of trap door or perhaps even some type of after effect editing.

Anyway, read the threads and learn my good friend!

peace and love

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Weak...

First, the camera man is trying to add drama by filming his hand while closing the door..? Why not leave the camera trained on the on the door..?

And then he opens it up and checks the shelving..?!

"Did it take my Ho-Ho's..?

But not upwards where the Thing might be stuck to the ceiling ready to pounce on him..? That's basic Slasher 101 stuff for crying out loud...

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I have watched all the pantry vids, and all of them are very well done.

However real it does all appear to be so staged and faked, and that CGI is at work here to create the ghost effect.

The Mabel ghost as portrayed here is also captured in other videos which again have such a clear ring girl style feel to them.

The latest video on that site is about a documentary about Mabel... theyoushow is another account of the pantry ghost poster.

www.youtube.com...

Two different accounts, same person, same ghost... and a documentary that doesn't seem to exist yet.

Pretty much just a hoax imo...

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I don't think they needed cgi or anything.

If you film a stationary scene with a stationary camer you can cut really easily without having it look anything but seamless.

Here is what I am saying. If he has a platform about the height of his hands he can place the camera on it for stability. Then he cuts. Kid goes in the cupboard to the back and then comes forward making it look like he appears. Kid backs up. Cut. Kid comes out of the closet. Rolling again he just picks the camera up off the shelf and walks forward and opens the closet.

Placing a camera on a shelf about shoulder high would just look like some jiggling and make for seamless cuts.

Bing bang boom. Easy peasy ghost vid with no cgi or fishing line and about 5 minutes of effort. Just the easiest special effect of all time.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Lost soul that didnt get to finish what he came here to do?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join