It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good Friday is false, because Good Wednesday is true.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Some Christians say the reason that they keep Sunday holy is because Jesus was risen on Sunday, but this is not true.

Matthew 12:40 "For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth."

How can you get three days and three nights, from Friday evening to Sunday morning?
I got one day and two nights, if you count 12 hours of light, day, and 12 hours of darkness, night.

Genesis 1:5 "And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day."

We know that three days and three nights is 72 hours, and when they went to the tomb on Sunday morning it was empty, so subtract 72 hours from Sunday morning, we get Thursday morning, but we know that Jesus was not put in the tomb in the morning, but in the evening before sundown, therefore, Jesus was put in the tomb on Wednesday evening before sundown and Jesus was raised three days and three nights after, which was Sabbath Day (Saturday) before sundown.

www.truthpolice.org...

Is it not a conspiracy to continue a lie to the supposed "faithful"?

To cause confusion as "IF" God can not count?

"GOOD FRIDAY" is an outright lie in an attempt to decieve the masses, to cause confusion as to the accuracy of the bible.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Dont forget that the jews measure a day differently!

When they say "Friday evening" they count that as a whole day and not just the evening.

So Friday evening to Sunday is 3 days

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Fett Pinkus

Not exactly. sundown to sundown makes (1) day. More importantly, why change to truth of his death on wednesday to friday? Whats in it for the church? How has "good friday" affected history?

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
question: why does it matter?

i mean, if i were some sort of omnipotent humanity redeeming being, i wouldn't really care if people were celebrating on the wrong day

...honestly, it would be quite petty of a being to do so

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Read thread I posted a week ago. "Easter and its Pagan Roots", the 3 days/3 nights has been documented as a cultural expression of the time. You are right it leads us to think there is a mistake..this is not the case..Good Firday it remains

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
question: why does it matter?

i mean, if i were some sort of omnipotent humanity redeeming being, i wouldn't really care if people were celebrating on the wrong day

...honestly, it would be quite petty of a being to do so

True, but people don't know God. So they look at these little discrepancies to find the hidden message, at least thats what I try to do. It isn't so much that they should be worried about what day is 'Holy', but that there is a deep underlying message to all of it.

That 'event' that supposedly happened back then was some sort of marker that they are paying attention to, but they don't get the big picture, which envelopes the entire creation.

I try to look both ways while I "cross" the street, no pun intended.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime
Is it not a conspiracy to continue a lie to the supposed "faithful"?

It's kept going by people who don't care for the truth and don't question anything. I heard a man say once that if the church can't count to three, how can you trust them on anything else?

Originally posted by heliosprime
"GOOD FRIDAY" is an outright lie in an attempt to decieve the masses, to cause confusion as to the accuracy of the bible.

Well maybe so, but there was a real good Wednesday for the temples who have their veils torn.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

Matthew 28:1
[ The Resurrection ] After the Sabbath, at dawn on the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to look at the tomb.

You start out saying that many Christians honor Sunday because Jesus rose on that day.
The Gospel tells us this. Sunday is the first day of the week.
As for the confusion, well, there is confusion in the gospels. There is no way of getting around that.
The last supper was supposed to have something to do with the passover, but it was 24 hours too soon.
Some people think that Jesus was keeping passover on the day that the Essenes celebrated it on, which was a day earier than the rest of the Jews celebrated it on.

new topics

top topics

join