It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human engineered Rabies is Bad

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I got my inspiration for this thread from this thread Coincidence? I think not! Movies foreshadowing events to come? it's a cool thread check it out and let us know what you think.

This thread is about human engineered and weaponized viruses, like Ebola, Flu, Rabies, Plague, Anthrax, and whatever nasty virus you can think of. With our population somewhere over 6 billion people, do you think it is wise that many governments on Earth are experimenting on such viruses/diseases?

What really creeps me out are the viruses that change a human into something else, like the T-virus in "Resident Evil", and the virus in "I'm a Legend", or "Dawn of the Dead" if indeed it was a virus. The people in these movies stop being human and morph into something Not human.

Is this possible? Is this likely with all of the research involving genetic manipulation of viruses, and retro viruses, and lord knows what else they are secretly working on in labs built by the lowest bidder, that humans can someday turn a human into something else, and expect this virus not to escape into our population?

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Don't forget "28 days/weeks later", I think this is more probable than the "I am legend" scenario. A virus induced "change of behaviour" rather than "change in genetic layout".
I do think that we know not half of it when it comes to government / corporate experiments with viruses and I'm pretty sure that some of them might pose a real danger to humankind.

new topics

join