It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran a Nuclear Threat, Bush Insists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Iran a Nuclear Threat, Bush Insists

www.washingtonpost.com

President Bush said Thursday that Iran has declared that it wants to be a nuclear power with a weapon to "destroy people," including others in the Middle East, contradicting the judgments of a recent U.S. intelligence estimate.

The president spoke in an interview intended to reach out to the Iranian public on the Persian new year and to express "moral support" for struggling freedom movements, particularly among youth and women.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
VP: Iran May Have Resumed Weapon Program
Iran says God protects nuclear program
Bush: US will 'confront' Iran if necessary
Bush: `Iran Is a Threat to World Peace'

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   
This war rhetoric is sickening. How many times have we heard the drums of war against Iran?

First Cheney says Iran may have restarted their nuclear weapons program, McCain is claiming Iran is training Al Qaeda er...extremists (only after Lieberman corrected him mind you), and the Neo Conservatives in general have had blood lust from the start.

It started with Afghanistan, progressed to Iraq, and now it looks like the US military is headed for Iran.

God help us all.

It doesn't really matter what Bush/Cheney says. Ahmadinejad thinks Allah protects their nuclear program so short of Armageddon, it looks like the Iranians will have nuclear power whether Bush likes it or not.

I just hope this situation is diffused before WW3 starts.

I hope everyone has a fallout shelter and 3 years of food for nuclear winter. Don't forget the thousands of gallons of clean water.

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

How many times have we heard this before? I'm pretty sick and tired of hearing about more and more war.

These men are the only terrorists in our nation.

They seek to create fear and disrupt peace to pursue their own political agenda. That sounds like the definition of a terrorist to me.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls

President Bush said Thursday that Iran has declared that it wants to be a nuclear power with a weapon to "destroy people," including others in the Middle East, contradicting the judgments of a recent U.S. intelligence estimate.

What country is the only one to use a nuclear weapon on another nation? The US.

I see no possible higher moral ground Bush can use when referring to the Iranians. Nuclear power does not equal nuclear warheads.

As Israel, Pakistan, and India all have nuclear weapons within close range of the Iranians, any moves on the [Iranians] part will spell disaster.

I don't believe Ahmadinejad is stupid enough to launch a nuclear weapon on Israel. He knows very well that the US will carpet bomb Iran to pieces and that will be the end of him and his nation.

Let's be honest, Bush just wants another $1 trillion for an invasion so he can further prop up his military-industrial complex buddies.

The issue here isn't about nukes. Several other countries in the area have nukes.

Bush just doesn't want a nation that doesn't support the US with nukes.

Hypocrite.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   
It's like living in some Bizzaro World where any semblance of truth is thrown out the window and this evil schemer is allowed to say and do whatever he wants...

A man that can make such an obvious lie has no regard for the truth and no fear of the consequences. Just like Cheney, his attitude is "So?".

SO.. he'll make up a reason to go to war with Iran.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I think it is prudent to note that Cheney should well know that Iran has a working Nuclear Program, since HE was the one that covertly supplied them with the materials!

I forget who said it, but if you are playing both sides of the game, you can never lose.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls

I just hope this situation is diffused before WW3 starts.

I hope everyone has a fallout shelter and 3 years of food for nuclear winter. Don't forget the thousands of gallons of clean water.

I don't consider myself paranoid or a doomsayer, but those are exactly my sentiments

A fallout shelter with a couple years worth of supplies is as essential in todays world as is taking your cash out of stocks and reinvesting in fur and shells.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Iran's nuclear program is not for peaceful purposes. That's hype.

Iran has nuclear reactors which don't need uranium enriched to more than 1.5% Uranium 235 yet IAEA inspectors in a surprise inspection of the secret Netanz enrichment plant found 70% enriched Uranium.

Highly Enriched Uranium has only one purpose. To breed Plutonium in heavy water reactors. Plutonium itself has only one use. Nuclear weapons.

Iran was signatory to the Non Proliferation Treaty which required full disclosure of all nuclear material by member states, yet 600 grams of Plutonium which Iran had not recorded, or accounted for at the University of Tehran was discovered by another surprise IAEA inspection.

Following these inspections IAEA was kicked out of Iran. Why was that ?

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I think Butch & Chumley are in grave denial of the consequences of their
actions, and need psychiatric hospitalization, IMMEDIATELY!

Maybe the Marines will land at the White House, and capture the world's
most dangerous terrorists!

They can't kill anyone, or plot to kill anyone, confined to a puzzle factory!

" It's MEDICATION time ! "

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I'm a former Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament campaigner and during the seventies I was personally involved in organising protests to pressure the NZ Government to renounce nuclear weapons and enact new legislation to outlaw visits by US nuclear ships.

I don't need medication.

I am not a hawk.... I do not support the invasion of Iraq. I have taken the time to study the facts and IAEA inspection reports.

Bush and Cheney lied about WMD in Iraq, but on Iran they are correct about the risk.

Iran is working on a nuclear weapons project. That is beyond doubt if you actually study the facts.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
The saddest thing is that Bush and Cheney are probably telling the truth this time.

Iran is, by my amateur estimation, building a nuclear weapons program. Ive seen very similar actions taken by my home country of India when we were building nukes under the pretext of nuclear power. The major difference of course, is that India is a peaceful country while Iran has made comments such as "Israel should be wiped off the face of the earth".

This signals a grave threat for the middle east if Iran were to become nuclear capable.

Unfortunately, because Bush insisted on a false war in Iraq, he cant go into a real war with Iran. Never mind though, Israel will carry out a tactical nuclear strike on the heavy water facilities in Arak if they feel threatened.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by sy.gunson
Highly Enriched Uranium has only one purpose. To breed Plutonium in heavy water reactors. Plutonium itself has only one use. Nuclear weapons.

Ummm...noooo. It is also used to give the flux capacitor the 1.21 gigawatts it needs to make the Delorian travel through time!

Seriously though, this is getting a little freaky. Particularly with all of the apparent naval activity in the pacific.

Time will tell...

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by sy.gunson

Oh and Israel, Pakistan, and India have "peaceful" nuclear programs? Please.

I've said time and time again, if Iran wants nukes let them have it.

Remember the term "mutually assured destruction?"

They're not gonna use them. Its a protective measure against the US and Israel in case Cheney wants to invade prematurely.

top topics

join