It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FIJA -- Take back your country

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   
If there is already a post concerning FIJA (Fully Informed Jury Association), the I apologize and you may move or remove this.

As I understand it, this seems to be the best way, at this point, to try to get our country back from the grips of this Administration and the excessive lawmakers of the past. After all, the jury system is in place for "the people" to keep tabs on our lawmakers and it is our RESPONSIBILITY to question and not convict defendants, solely because the law is written. If it is a "bad" law... unfair... unconstitutional... whatever... this is where "the people" have a direct say in the laws of the land. When enough cases concerning the same law(s) are questioned or deemed bad by the people, then "the system" becomes aware and is forced to revise or revoke these bad laws. This was lost long ago due to blatant and intentional omission of this information from jurors over decades of court cases. Someone needs to re-inform the people of this on a large scale... any takers? I passed this to Glenn Beck earlier, so maybe he will take up the cause.

This applies to all those bad laws out there... and there are so damn many... but let's just take as example all the laws concerning the War on Drugs. Most in this country know that this has been a failed war from the get-go and it is nothing but a drain on the system... court procedures, housing the convicted, welfare for the family left behind... all a drain on the system. And so many of the 'offenders' being of the non-violent type, incarcerated for simple possession and recreational use. We, the people, should have put a stop to this long ago thru our voices in the courtroom as jurors. Granted, we were never told... but now you have been. Spread the word on this and let's take back our country. ** My forgotten thought: if a trail by jury is even a "right" anymore, this is surely the only way to erase the horrible laws within the Patriot Act, which essentially destroy our Constitution.

www.fija.org...

If I have interpreted this wrongly, I welcome correction.

[edit on 3/21/2008 by RabbitChaser]

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
From the website of Wayne Allyn Root, Libertarian presidential candidate...

Jury Rights: I support an amendment being made to the US Constitution that would eliminate the practice of 'voir dire' (prosecutorial jury-rigging), make jury service optional, and clearly enumerating the right of the citizen-juror to judge the law in trials, as well as whether or not the law was broken. This amendment would also mandate that all jurors must be informed of their rights before the beginning of every trial. Such an amendment would clarify the vague language (referring to the "common law") of the 6th amendment to the US Constitution, and leave no room for tyrant judges and prosecutors to manipulate the law in favor of a conviction. Such an amendment has often been referred to as a "Fully Informed Jury Amendment."

Here is where he stands on all the other issues that may concern you...

www.rootforamerica.com...

new topics

join