It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. House speaker blasts China over Tibet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   

U.S. House speaker blasts China over Tibet

edition.cnn.com

DHARAMSALA, India (CNN) -- U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Friday criticized China for its crackdown on anti-government protesters in Tibet and called on "freedom-loving people" worldwide to denounce China.

Pelosi told reporters that freedom-loving people around the world would lose their rights to speak out morally against human rights abuses if they don't speak out against China's oppression in Tibet.

She made the comments during a meeting with the Dalai Lama, the Tibetan spiritual leader
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Please click on the link to read the complete news

edition.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   
no comment by the OP on ths story?

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

She is on an official visit to India and she made a visit to Lama's place & commented against the ongoing Chinese action against Tibet and it was her personal opinion; I was just wondering what effect this would have on Chinese Govt or the people around

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I think she's an idiot. I think she has zero understanding of foreign policy objectives and everytime she opens her mouth, she confirms the world's belief that any fool can gain political power in the US. I think that they shouldn't have been peeking at Obama's passport, they should have been canceling hers.

And I am a democrat.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   

I think she's an idiot. I think she has zero understanding of foreign policy objectives

Please explain the foreign policy objectives you refer to ?
You mean GW Bush's foreign policy objectives ?

...and everytime she opens her mouth, she confirms the world's belief that any fool can gain political power in the US.

Well I'm a non American and that's not the case at all. Abroad she gives a lot of hope to other nationalities that US Foreign Policy is not one of George Bush's scratched records.

In fact both she and Obama.

Sadly I don't get the same vibe from Hillary who is seen as a White House insider who tows the line.

Bravo Pilosi. Finally an America we can all believe in... Yes we can.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Enceladus

her remarks have no any impacts on chinese or our government.
i will feel weird if she doesnt do so. it can't be more normal.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   
It's nice to hear a Jimmy Carter cheerleader from time to time.

Get in the way-back machine and you'll hear the same thing about the peace loving people of Afghanistan with the Soviet invasion. A little different type of politics involved, possible Olympics boycott will be mentioned at some point by the demoncrats.

The only blessing I have with the American government is that she is not one of my State's representatives, I have a different less stupid ones.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by hinky

Sure is, hinky; Star for you! Lil' Nancy is trying, anyway.

By the way, i LOVE the way-back machine!
"I'd love to go back about a week, but i got a weak back;"
"Since when?"
"Ohh, about a week back!" nyuk nyuk nyuk...

Nice to hear from you.

[edit on 3/21/2008 by FRIGHTENER]

top topics

join