It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$800 bet to live in a tent

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
For a month in the back yard should i?

No power or transportation. would ahve to work on weekdays but would be able to shower there (20 min walk). food (10 min walk). its on a semi-buisy street but blocked from view.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
$800 bucks to camp in your back yard? Do you live near a forest or mountains? Now thats a bet Id be more than willingh to make with anyone. Camping so close to your home like that would not be a challenge. Id go deep into the woods or find a secluded spot in the mountains. Now that would be a bet to make.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
his theory is that ill fall into temptation.... i am in south carolina and its rains alot.

[edit on 21-3-2008 by pipsta3yt]

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Well if you're gonna do it, do it soon before it gets hot out.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonemaverick
Well if you're gonna do it, do it soon before it gets hot out.

No kidding. Right now would probably be the easiest time to pull this off.

Where I live, I would do it. But I have a view with mountains etc. I would feel like I was actually outside, but in urban areas where a persons yard is surrounded by houses, I don't think I could do that. Not sure why either...

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by pipsta3yt

Heck yes do it.

What an easy way to make $800.00. Well for me it would be as I would rather be outside than inside.

Dizzie

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Pay someone to go camping? What's the catch? Mosquito country?

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
That is easy money. Can you use an ice chest and a BBQ? How about a radio for baseball? I'd take the $800 to catch up on all the reading I put off. Sounds like fun and good practice.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
The backyard sounds like it'd be pretty sad, i mean if you're not living out in nature somewhere. I'd pick a spot away from civilization, and camp there. Otherwise i just don't see the point, that'd be like saying you can only use one room of your house. Easy money but kinda boring and pointless. Do a month in the bush with no resupply.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I personally would forfeit the 800 dollars and sleep in my own bed with my laptop next to me, watching Mets games on my huge plasma TV. Actually, I would pay $800 to not live in a tent for a month! haha

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Dude,
Solar panels are $80
www.northerntool.com...

and inverters are $50
www.walmart.com...

and a deep cycle battery is another $60
continuouswave.com...

Now you've got AC power, $630 in your wallet and peddling bicycles are free!

Go Green and Rock on!

[edit on 28-3-2008 by ATS4dummies]

[edit on 28-3-2008 by ATS4dummies]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Can I just get the $800 now for living out of my car since Halloween?

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
If I had a tent large enough to to stand up in, hold a bed, a chair, a shelf full of books, floor pillows for all the visitors that stop by with pizza and beer ... I'd go for it. Of course I'd have my ice chest and a solar battery charger for lights and music ... what else do you need.

Oh yeah .. a port-a-pot close by

[edit on 3/28/08 by reblazed]

top topics

join