It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Website hacked, I'm sad :(

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Hi,

I've been working on a webstore for friends of me. It's a lot of work but I'm happy with doing it since webdesign is a kind of hobby for me.

They used to have someone doing it before me, but he was making a mess of their pages. Pictures were displayed in totally different sizes, fonts were big and small in one sentence etc. And he even told them that there was no way you can implement internet payment in your site. In other words... he didn't know what the **** he was doing.

So they helped the kid find another job (they are really sweet people) and asked me to do the site. Two days ago I got a phonecall from them saying the site was hacked. So I rushed to them and checked it out. He directed the entire order system to himself, by changing the domain email (I mean the ENTIRE domain email) passwords. He even changed the database passwords.

You know what he changed them into? 2fast4u
Can you believe that?

Next to that he messed op the entire database by installing a second shop into the main database of the first. It's needless to say I spend two days getting things a bit back to normal.

The thing is I don't understand why he acts this way. I mean... he's probably jealous or something but this is a very odd way to readt.:bnghd:

Sorry I just had to get it of my chest... thank you for listening.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a good way to deal with this is just confront him about this. Dont keep it bottled up. preferable in a public place so if things get out of hand people can hopefully jump in. thats really just a stupid way to act. it seems like a way a 7 year old might act. You friends even helped him find another job. jeez what a jerk.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Thank you for your reply. I've sent him an email together with my friends. That was a bit of a relieve. I told him he could never stop of from making that store.

In the end of the day we were very lucky with the hosting company by the way. They noticed someone fooling around with the server and recorded the whole incident. We're very glad they did that because there's proof so we can file a complaint. We won't for now but if he tries it again we will.

Again.. thanks for listening.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
wow if i where u i would show up at his house and shoot him piont blank in the arm with a shotgun and tell him thats a warning to not # around r site lol

but thats just me but ya that guy is a douche bag i bet he doesnt have any friends he just hacks into's ppl msn and talk to other ppls friends

[edit on 24-3-2008 by True Candian]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I understand how you feel, there is really nothing to do, my advice would be to try to record all the episode as accurately as possible. People are only afraid of one thing, and that is money, try to have as much evidence of this person`s wrongdoings and talk to a lawyer, maybe you will get more out of this of what you might have imagined.

top topics

join