It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They want your hand guns...What do you do?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Hello my fellow ATSers, I just wanted to make a thread to see what some of you would really do if in the event the Government outlawed hand guns and ordered all Americans to turn them in or face fines and jail time. Think of this as a realistic scenario where only hand guns were outlawed, Not rifles or shot guns, just hand guns, and the government said to turn them in or face harsh penalties. What would you do?
What I would do is consider fighting, depending on the scenario, But more than likely I would bury my handguns with all the mags and ammo where they wouldnt stand a chance of finding them, then I would report them stolen. These are my two major ideas but like I said it really depends on what goes down that dictates my actions. If they did a sneak attack and just showed up at my door with no time for me to hide them then I would probably fight right there and then. So im just curious on how some of you would handle this situation.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Yikes now that would just not be level headed in my book. As for turn in your hand guns? It is doubtful that it would make much of a difference only the sheeple would comply.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I doubt if there was a call for turning in firearms it would just be handguns. I myself only own a 22 rifle. However, the answer to either scenario would be, give it to them, ONE ROUND AT A TIME.

To put it another way. They can have it when they take it from my cold, dead hands.

cormac

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
What does one do, I'll tell you what one does not do. Do not vote for Billary. Do not vote for the one person who has campaigned for the anti gun rights, whom has institiuted past restrictions.

That simple.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Us gun owners are between a rock and a hard place with Mcain, Hillary, and Obama, from what I hear they are all aginst guns, and John Mcain...what a phony, he claims to be conservative but hes aginst guns too

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
So much for the two party system even putting up a show anymore. All the candidates are anti-gun and pro-NAFTA.

Back on topic though, I'm with the OP. Hide the guns. I probably would not fight if they just pounded down the door though. I'd leave the juridstiction as a bona-fide revolutionary and re-arm for offensive ops.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
The answer to that is to buy your guns through private party sales without using a FFL transfer (which is still legal in most jurisdictions in the US) which is a legal way to obtain a firearm, and you don't have a paper trail showing that you own the gun (IE the FFL form that is put in saying what you are buying that the government can track).

Then you just hide them in/around the house and you have 1 or 2 guns that you buy through an FFL just to turn those in like the good sheep in a time like this so that you blend in gray man style and appear to be following the rules and they have no reason to suspect you.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 03:18 AM
link   
As much as I hate to admit it, (being a conservative and all) I think the best bet any of us have is with Obama. McCain is a tool and a coward, and whether he claims to be a conservative or not, (NeoCon IIRC, which is not the same as being a conservative) will cave on conservative issues as a republican president while we have a democratic majority in house. Obama, while not being known for favoring the 2nd amendment, is at least not as damaging as the other two canidates would be.

Back on topic, If it came down to that then there is not much choice at all. You can only do one thing in that situation as an American, hide your handguns. If they are registered, then file a police report that they were stolen.

The thing to note here, is that if things have gotten to where the politicians are bold enough to ban them, and the law enforcement community has become aggressive enough to come to your house looking for them, then the time when you need them is very close at hand.

new topics

top topics

join