It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The so called Gift

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Many years ago I had a dream in which I stepped outside my house and waved to an older woman who was in a farm house so far away that it was amazing she could hear my voice or see me but yet I knew who she was. I waved and shouted hello and she yelled back meet me at the church. At the church we sat in two old lawn chairs outside under a giant oak, leaves were falling around us. We were clearly old friends but in reality we had never met for this woman had died when my hubby was three years old and I was 1 yr old. She was his paternal grandmother. After what seemed like hours of talking she finally told me why she was there, it was time she said for me to use the gift that I had earned, she explained that it was what I had requested to be my gift. The gift was that I could choose a member of the family to die she explained that it was time for someone in my immediate family to go. I said myself but she explained that this was not allowed, I had to choose someone other than myself. I then said I could not, so she explained if I left it open it could easily be one of my children and implied strongly it would be. I had to choose, so I chose my father. I woke up crying with the knowledge of what I had done. A few months later my father died. Has anyone had an experience similar to this?

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Wow thanks for alll those responses!

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Wow that sound horriable. It does not sound like a gift to me. Maybe you will become an angle of death. Not when you are alive but after you live a long and happy life. I am not sure about the angle of death thing.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 03:38 AM
link   
That is extremely creepy. I have never heard of such things in dreams besides the falling off a cliff thing. Why did you have to choose a member of your family to die in the first place? Was it a coincidence? Have you had more of these types of dreams before?

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 04:45 AM
link   
She said I had earned it in the past and had requested the right to choose this. I felt that she was saying in a past life I had earned it and had requested the right to choose in this life. This woman appeared to my mother in a dream the night I had my son, 3 times in that night she talked to my Mom, my Mom did not know who she was but she told my Mom who she was. My Mom was very disturbed by the dream and told me about it right down to the dress she was wearing (a navy dress with little white flowers on the dress and a white collar. When I told my MIL about it she asked me to describe her, I described the way she wore her hair in a bun but she let it hang down around her face loosely and then swept the rest in a bun at the nape of her neck. I described the fact that she was a tall slender woman all of these things my mother told me, keep in mind that neither I nor my mother had seen this woman or even a picture of her or a description of her at all. My MIL nodded that I was correct each time I described her and replied that the dress was upstairs in a trunk and that she had kept it because it was one of her MIL's favorites. I've only had one dream similar and that time I got to talk to my father its pretty eerie too. Will be glad to tell you about it if you want to hear about it.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
This is an interesting story, I love reading about others' dreams, very intriguing... please go on.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   
How sad. I think that it may be possible for angels and such beings to contact us in our dreams. I think it would be a curse more than a gift, though, to be forced to choose who you wanted to die. What a hard decision to make.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I suppose the gift could be a positive one if a member of your family were dying in pain with no chance of recovery, but its not the kind of thing I would be happy with. I've had a few precognative dreams but definitely nothing like this.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   
It would be quite a horrible curse. I guess you like your father least though and were able to spare your children, so perhaps in it's own sad way, it is a gift.

If it ever happens again what would you do? Perhaps leaving random chance would make you feel less guilty, even if your children die. I would feel so guilty having chosen who to kill...even if it meant sparing youth, I would hate to make a decision to kill my great grandmother even, were she still alive.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
My father had emphysema but was doing as well as could be expected, I mean he was driving the car, up walking around, doing small amount of work, once when I came home from work I found him with the 8 track blasting dancing with my children, then immediately after the dream he began getting sicker and sicker, he swelled up due to kidney problems, heart problems and breathing problems and then of course within 2 months he was gone, I loved my Dad very much but I chose him because he was sick so it seemed my only option to choose him since I felt I had no choice but to choose. Now to the dream about my Dad.
I have sleep apnea which means I quit breathing in my sleep for long periods of time and some people have died from it, which is what I feel allowed me to cross over for a little while, currently I have a c-pap machine but back then I did not know I had the problem.
I was a nursing student at the time and in the dream I was crossing a street a very busy street and I saw a woman get struck with a car, part of me wanted to help her another part of me wanted to scream for someone with more skills than myself to help, the crowd around me was buzzing trying to help her, at that moment just across the street I saw my Dad, he was sitting on a horse drawn hotdog stand (I don't know if such a thing ever existed) but it was very pretty all the wrought iron was painted with a very high gloss black paint. He saw me and seem to be waiting for me to come to him, I made the choice someone else could help the woman, surely someone else was more qualified and this was an opportunity to talk to my Dad. I climbed up on the seat beside him and hugged him, I started telling him how much I loved him and he simply dismissed it with a wave of his hand and said I already know that, I know and I love you too, he then asked about everyone and I was telling him stories about everyone and we were laughing so hard and then suddenly I stopped in mid sentence and said, "But Daddy you are dead so if I'm talking to you, does that mean you are on my side or have I crossed over to your side." My father said, "You are on my side." and pointed to the crowd, at that moment the crowd seemed to move slightly away and I could see the woman on the pavement someone moved her over on her side facing me and there was my own dead pale face my eyes open staring into oblivion. I looked back at my Dad the expression on my face must have been too funny because my Dad began laughing hysterically and saying, "If you could just see the expression on your face right now!" I began laughing too and woke up. After that my guilt had lessened but to this day I wonder about the gift that is surely a double edge sword.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Where did everybody go?

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Sacreficing below oak trees and speaking with the dead is something which is used in negative context throughout the Prophets and even the Law I think. Definately not a good thing. Maybe you should have wished that old bat dead, since she is obviously very much alive demanding blood for her vampire thirst. And she was probably not the person you identified he with. Demons such as these can take on any shape they want, and they often choose someone close to you or someone you love. You should pray that this sin must not be on you, but explain for God that you didn't know what was happening. Next time, if you find yourself below that oak tree, remember that it is a dream and utilize all the powers such dreams can give you through faith. I always carry weapons for instance, I can fly whenever I want, blow fire and stun my enemies with a blue hazy substance coming out of my mouth, Holy Spirit. I once scared the living daylight out of old Satan himself. If I hadn't woken up, I surely would have killed him in that dream. If he had let himself be "chained" in that dream, he might have survived though, but he made it absolutely clear that he didn't intend to do that, and the dream was fixed at a plot which would definately have killed him, maybe even myself, but atleast I hade made some precautions.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

new topics

top topics

join