It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-ATTACKS: Suicide bomber hits Jerusalem bus

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Sunday, 22nd February: 7 people died as a result of a suicide bomber in Jerusalem on Sunday. The suicide bombing took place on a crowded bus, which also wounded over 50 people, apparently 11 of those in critical condition.

CNN.com
"The blast happened in West Jerusalem about 8:30 a.m. (1:30 a.m. ET) on Sunday, the first day of Israel's working week.

Video showed the number 14 bus with its windows blown out and its interior mangled, as rescue workers removed the wounded and remains from the vehicle.

One of the people killed in the attack was an 18-year-old high school student identified by the Jerusalem daily Haaretz as Lior Azulai, a pupil at the Gymnasia Rehavia. Nine other students at the school were wounded in the blast, Haaretz reported.

The Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigades -- the military offshoot of Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat's Fatah movement -- claimed responsibility for the blast in a statement."

Related Links:

bbc.co.uk

Apparently this was in response to the Israeli military attack in Gaza on 11th February, which left 12 Palestinians dead. Israel officials claimed they killed terrorists, however The Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigades thinks otherwise and claims many of those killed were civilians.

CNN reported that the suicide bomber was dead after the blast, which I figured would be pretty self evident.

[edit on 9-12-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   
ooh right.. so just when Israel wants to justify the "fence" a "bomber" strikes right on cue? seems about right.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Hmmm, lets see....

Israel is seeking to withdraw from Gaza....has even mentioned having Egypt occupy Gaza.
www.haaretzdaily.com...

Israel will tear down some or part of the West Bank Barrier.
www.reuters.com...

The current Bush Administration has told Israel to cease the unnecessary suffering of the ordinary Palestinian citizen.
www.maariv.co.il...

And even with these mentioned concessions, the reply is, as always, continued use of suicide bombers/bombings? PA continues to abide by "a no Israel" doctrine/dogma?

"PA leader: Israel has no right to exist"
www.worldnetdaily.com...

Seems pretty obvious why the terrorist/suicide attacks/bombings continue.

regards
seekerof

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   
You can only help those who want help and while I personally feel the Palastinian people are suffering I believe now more than ever it is at the hands of their own radical leaders.

I just cannot imagine living in Isreal, putting my kids on a bus everyday for school and not knowing if some pyscho is going to get on their bus with a bomb.

There have been so many peace offerings to the PLO and they respond through murder of civilians. Isreals hands are not clean but how they keep from destroying their "neighbors" is beyond me.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   
are the leaders of the Palestinian people that stupid to do EXACTLY what Irsael wants, ever single time? or does it just appear like that?

I just don`t buy that they are willing to make the lives of themselves worse with each bombing, unless they like being repsressed?

[Edited on 22-2-2004 by eRnie]

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Please explain how Arafat is a Israel pawn and is doing what Israel wants.
Arafat's family heritage speaks volumes against such.
Example: Grand Mufti Haj Muhammed Amin al-Husseini, his uncle.

Repression is a poor, aged excuse for the PA since, of coarse, they never hesititate to use a political response (the UN) when it so deems them to do so?

regards
seekerof

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Arafats Fatah (sp) movement just claimed responsiblity. Time for someone to get him out, one way or another.

His wife is spending food money on furs and jewels in her paris mansion and his people are further bombing innocent Isralies.

I have a feeling the US may be forced to step in or allow Isreal the right of existance, which means war.

If another attack comes within the next 48 hours, some analyst are speculating this could be the begining of the final battle for them.

How is attacking a bus of women and children any different then flying a plane into a building? Smaller scale/same effect...

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Yes, that palastinians ARE that bad.
Build the wall higher join the ends together, and fill it with with water.

Originally posted by eRnie
are the leaders of the Palestinian people that stupid to do EXACTLY what Irsael wants, ever single time? or does it just appear like that?

I just don`t buy that they are willing to make the lives of themselves worse with each bombing, unless they like being repsressed?

[Edited on 22-2-2004 by eRnie]

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
Yes, that palastinians ARE that bad.
Build the wall higher join the ends together, and fill it with with water.

errr...you're kind of right but that's a bit extreme. The problem is that the children on both sides have their heads filled with hate and anger from the moment they are born. Have you seen what's on their TV's on both sides? It's sickening.
If they are breeding this hate into their children and carrying on a very old vendeta, then there's no hope for the future. They weren't exactly born to hate it each other. So to just say they are "bad" from the get go is a bit extreme, no one is right here.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   
yes yes...repeat after me, palestinians are bad, society is wrong to think israel has ever comitted ANY unjust crimes against the palestinian community..."en contraire" israel has HELPED the palestinians with every gas cylinder they have
the only way the matter may be settled is if israel is moved, one can never expect peace in that part of the world.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Amen to that Cryus, of course Israel never does anything wrong, because those american supplied helicopters shoot happy rockets in "relaliation"

Funny really the comment about making the wall higher, how about just giving back the land that doesn`t belong to Israel, that might be a start.

You might have noitced that when the Israelis attack back its never actually really reported as front page news, so the impression it gives are wave after wave of attacks against them.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Not true ernie, the Israeli attacks are reported in full.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I always wondered if the terrorists family was paid more money if more people were killed, you know like a bonus or something? It is sick what actions people can sometimes justify.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   
You mean like the $25,000 K+/- that Saddam was paying for their "maytrdom' program?

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 22-2-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Yeah that program. Religion makes people interested in offing themselves but money is the true motivator.

Mind you grinding poverty does not help either as a deterrent to those that engage in such activities.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Bah.

Those suicide bombers are just plain retarded.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I agree, why blow yourself up when you can just set a bomb, and WALK AWAY. Hell, live to bomb another day.

Israel is far from being innocent. But here in America, Jews shout Anti-semite,which is just a midnomer for speaking against Israel.

Arab News

Palestine News

Chicago Tribune

It's a warzone over there, and for what? Simple, to find a place for European Jews after WW2 who seem to think they have rights to the land.

Of course, this is in no way supporting the suicide bombers either.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 06:34 AM
link   
This is bull# ,red flag, phys-op,
so the day before the hauge meeting about the wall a palestinian bomber decides to help israel justify it? the one thing israel needs it gets right on cue...

whoever benefits did it watson.....

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 08:57 AM
link   
eRnie:

You might have noitced that when the Israelis attack back its never actually really reported as front page news, so the impression it gives are wave after wave of attacks against them.

Are you a little slow on the intake or do you just not read the news? Every single incursion done by the IDF gets full media coverage in the American News and in other news sources worldwide. If you'd like I'd be happy to point you in the right direction of news sources that discuss the mysterious events you have never heard of. In fact it would make my day to sign you up for some online news subscriptions to help cure you of this lack of information you seem to have.

Jethro:

Your attempted summary of the justification of jews living in Israel is horribly lacking in either factual information or even historically accurate opinions. As someone who has read your postings before it is my hope that perhaps you were just very tired when you wrote that. Wouldn't want to think that this post was representative of your work when many other posts of yours have impressed me.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 09:35 AM
link   
~sigh~ Alas it's true. It was the end of a very long night working.

Not my best work to be sure.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join