It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will the next great UFO/alien movie be about?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Hi, new to the forum. I've got a question that's probably been answered indirectly. Haven't read everything on here, though, so I apologize if it's been answered directly.

What's the future hold for UFO/aliens contact earth kinda movies? I like being able to see the progression of stuff like - The Day the Earth Stood Still, Close Encounters, Fire In The Sky and so on. I'll throw in movies like Contact, too. There's been a bunch of junk over the years, but the really good ones always take the genre to a new plateau. (Same for any genre movie, really.)

Just got to thinking about it for no good reason. I'm kind of at a loss as to what the progression from this point would be. Abductions? Seen it. Disclosure? Seen it. Hiding disclosure? Seen it. Fighting back the invasion? Seen it.

As a UFO fan, and UFO movie fan, I thought - man, this stinks. I have no idea what would be interesting and new, plus not be stupid as crap. Has Hollywood run out of good ideas?

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Hollywood always has ideas hence the new Indiana Jones (The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull)
The crystal skulls are real and possibly are from an alien race...well that's a theory.

Watch out this spring bcoz Indy is back in effect

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Good question El Franko!

I really enjoyed "Contact". I thought it was a great film that was very realistic and imaginative. I also really liked Spielberg's remake of "War of the Worlds". Lightning freaks me out ever since!

But idunno what could be next? It seems that Hollywood sort of revolves in circles nowadys, always bringing back what has been done before, but in a new, more modern version.

I really liked M. Night Shyamalan's go at it with "Signs", taking crop circles to the "next level".

I'd really like to see him take another stab at it.

Maybe something that we haven't seen is a good modern adaptation of some of the stuff you read on ATS? Stuff about wars in Area 51 or Reptilians living underground here on Earth?

I'd love to see a film about that guy who claims to be a government contractor building an underground base who broke into a cave inhabited by aliens. Killed one, he claims. Cool stuff.

I say we need a REAL Planet X movie too! Reptilians returning in the galactic cycle of Nibiru. That would be cool.

The last good Sci-Fi movie I saw was titled "Sunshine". Very, very good, and highly recommended, but not really about aliens.

[edit on 3/21/2008 by Kaiser Sohse]

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Halo most likely, once they actually make it.

top topics

join