It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My rant about ATS and BTS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I love this site. It is informative, imaginative, and humorous. All I really want to know is when the heck is ATS going to implement a spell check into the posting page. Consider the second sentance a scream, I would type in all caps but I fear retaliation from the mods and I value my points and don't care to hear any pooh about using all caps. Perhaps I am just dumb and cant help switching "e" and "h" in the word the, maybe i'm just lazy and dont feel like copying and pasting from word, But ATS as a business has an obligation to make it's business as customer oriented as possible and spell check is definatley customer oriented. Besides that I'm sure I could save a bunch of my life by not having to decipher threads. Then again maybe it's a conspiracy to let all the illiterate people continue to make fools of themselves. Uh oh maybe it's prejudice against those with dyslexia, and you know what I dont really care if it is speled wrong. Thats it!! The lack of spell check is definatley a conspiracy as well as a prejudice. Maybe we need to have an intelligent debate about whether spell check should be included or not. Pros, Cons.... Maybe throw in a few Alien hyrodogylphics for the fun of it.

[edit on 20-3-2008 by photobug]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Thats great. I really need to change to firefox anyway but lets ignore that fact for right now. What I really need is a lively discussion on the conspiracy of spell check not being included in the forums. Besides that I really need some BTS points.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Absolutely.

Which is, if I may say so photobug, obviously evident by the numerous misspellings in your post.

"sentance" = sentence
"definately" = definitely
"speled" = spelled
"definately" = still definitely
"hyrodogylphics" = hydroglyphics

And yes, I am a grammar Nazi.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

And while I'm at it, Lysergic, I get the whole darkness thing, but it's "descent", not "decent".

Somehow I don't think that "decent" was what you were going for.

:shk:

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
In all hosesty some of the mis-spelling was intentional some from my hands hitting the wrong keys and others from not exercising my writing skills on a regular basis, besides that I'm alway on here late at night and my brain is fried. No excuses for my illiteracy just ranting which is the name of this particular forum

Ohhh looky I'm up to 45 BTS points

[edit on 21-3-2008 by photobug]

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
"hosesty" = honesty
"alway" = always

Hey, trust me, I feel ya.

I preview my posts numerous times before I post, and I'm all-for a spell-check feature.

In my professional life I often send out memos to corporate bigiwigs and large groups of people. I'm always the harshest critic of my own grammar and spelling.

It also makes me absolutely CRAZY when somebody is posting something online or sending an e-mail expecting credibility with less than credible spelling or grammar.

I wasn't kidding, I'm an absolute card-carrying and flag-waving grammar Nazi!

My boss loves me for it though

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaiser Sohse

"hyrodogylphics" = hydroglyphics

It's tough, but somebody has got to do it.

Question: What famous artifact was used to translate the first "Hydroglyphics"?

Answer: Is it the infamous Greek "Row, Seta your Boata Stone?"
The Boata Stone - little known fact:
It was reportedly written in Egyptian Hieroglyphics and dealt with a stone age cult of Hydrologists.

I lurve ATS - you learn something new every day, don'tcha know.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaiser Sohse

Die grammar Nazi Die!
Just kidding

I use firefox for my postings on ATS cause I cannot spell to save my own butt. I have asked for a spell check to be included a couple of times, but I guess firefox is the way to go, cause it's just easier for us to use this than for them to incorporate a inclusive spell check program into the code.

I understand your frustration. I really do.

Also being an American that has grown up in the public school system it sucks not to be able to spell correctly when your trying to make an intelligent point.

[edit on 3/21/2008 by whatukno]

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
You guys are a hoot. I would never think about sending out business correspondance without it being perfect for grammar and spelling but hey this is the net does it really matter? This could be a fun little game...

post something with intentional grammar and speeling erors to sea if every1 kan figur out wat u r tring to sae

Grammar Nazi you guys drive me crazy but I still love you anyway.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaiser Sohse

I blames copypasta.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I'm having a hard time with this one.
I have spell check and it works fine on ATS.Since when is it another person's/site's responsibility to educate another in spelling and/or grammar?
It is the individual's responsibility to proof read their posts before hitting the submit button.

My biggest peeve is when people type "could of" instead of "could've" or "could have".The same goes for "would" and "should".

One of my other peeves is when people pass the buck.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I have seen a great number of threads started that are more than likely mispelled purposely. In my opinion the same individual is posting under numerous new avatars based upon grammar, sentence structure, and wormy brain thing. The mispelling is to grab attention.

new topics

top topics

join