It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quantum Entanglement and the Afterlife

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Ok, i'll keep it short but this is something that has been bugging me lately. If Quantum Entanglement is correct and everything is connected (on a quantum level) then wouldn't it make sense that although i will one day die and my body will turn to dust ect ect...all the atoms that made up my brain and other body parts would still be connected in a fashion (again, on a Quantum level) and thus i would still be a conscious being?? I appreciate i would not exist on this plain as my body has rotted away but the atoms that formed me would still all be connected according to entanglement. Especially the atoms that formed my brain and thus consciousness. I'm finding this really hard to explain but if anyone out there can understand my ramblings, would you care to discuss. It would be nice if someone could help me expand on this a little more.

[edit on 20-3-2008 by WayAboveTopSecret]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I'm certainly no expert on the subject, but it seems that spirits in some form or another do exist. Whether they are just residual energy replaying the same scene over and over, or actual sentient entities they do seem to exist. The question is why they exist. I'm not sure how easily such things can be explained using quantum mechanics. I think that if you accept the fact that you have a soul that is composed of some type of energy I think that the 2nd? Law of Thermodynamics might be of more interest. It states that energy cannot be created or destroyed only changed. In that sense I can certainly understand the possibility of your energetic spiritual essence continuing. I am certain there is some type of existence after death. The exact nature of that existence, or how it works exactly... I can't say. Hope that gives you some food for thought.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I think it depends on what you mean by "soul". I mean, in Christianity, the soul goes to heaven (or hell), and the soul is to experience love for all eternity. But that must mean that the soul will survive the destruction of this universe, thus it can not be connected to it (else, all who died will "die again").

Also, why would your concsiousness still be connected after death?

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I can dig where you are coming from perfectly, I think the same thing.

The way I see it our thoughts are the Atom's.
And Atom's dont disapear.

Sooo...?

[edit on 20-3-2008 by earth2]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by WayAboveTopSecret
...all the atoms that made up my brain and other body parts would still be connected in a fashion (again, on a Quantum level) and thus i would still be a conscious being??

Maybe those atoms don't belong to us, and after we're done with using them they are returned to the things we've eaten. Basically, you are recycled. Don't worry about those atoms, they don't really exist anyways.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
You would take this personality with you which is a seed of information along with many others, it would entail just a merging of personalities together. You would drop the ego/density, the darkness from the body.

Dropping the (Earth's Density) is wonderful it makes you feel refreshed and renewed.

The brain doesn't constitute for anything other then to hold consciousness in. The brain is the grounding tool to remain in this field of density without it you would just push away from the body.

The body is just one big database of information to remain constantly in.

When you leave Earths Gravitational field behind you leave this program into another one.

[edit on 21-3-2008 by menguard]

new topics

top topics

join