It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of UFO from Itaguí

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
This one was shot near Medellin, Colombia in a place called Itaguí. Rather interesting...

Itaguí UFO

Comments?.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Cool video, not seen that one before, looks good.

I like the way it tilts at the beginning.

Starred and flagged.

[edit on 20-3-2008 by Denied]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Star for just beating me to it Camilo. And flag because this appears to be some great footage and I don't get the feeling that it is CGI the way he focused in and out is not typical cgi. Wish I knew what they were saying...any translators?

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Very nice, never seen this one. Usually you see lights in the sky, if your lucky one zipping across the sky. First time Ihave seen a vid with the object basically tilting so we can get a gooc clear view of it

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Inaudible

Conversation between what appears to be a group of 2 or 3 men

0: 25 (what) Would it be?
0:28 It is suspended
0:32 It is suspended
0:38 Oh crap!
0:41 Doesn’t the camera have a zoom?
0:42 Yeah it does but it can’t show…
0:49 What would that thing be?

[edit on 20-3-2008 by Camilo1]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I'm worried that there are Remote control hobby aircraft operators that are hoaxing. I looks a little too 50's martian to me with the bubble top but I've never seen a closeup ufo in the daylight.

If everyone were to jump to 13 MP cameras would all these videos be clearer?

Yet, at the end when it fades from clear into blurry diamond, well that looks like what is the most common ufo on the internet. The shiney blurry diamond orbs.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Nice video. Would have been better if the fellow tried to get nearer. Perhaps he could have solved the mystery. Maybe it wasn't that interesting after all. Maybe it was just something like one of these...

airworks.en.ecplaza.net...

Again, we have a case of a few seconds of a "UFO" captured on video but we're left wondering, "What happened next?" Very unsatisfying.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by stikkinikki
Yet, at the end when it fades from clear into blurry diamond, well that looks like what is the most common ufo on the internet. The shiney blurry diamond orbs.

Yes, something certainly doesn't add up with the end of that video...
... it looks like the cameraman zoomed in to follow an object moving away and it got out of focus. But the camera focus was already at infinite due to the objects distance, so all the zoom would do is make the object larger and harder to track. Yet at the end of that video the object gets blurry as if it was zoomed out fast and the focus couldn't keep up...

...or something. Something seems odd about that end.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I guess that the cameraman was actually filming the construction site.
I also guess that the object is actually in the sky, and not post
processed
A star and a flag to Camilo1 for sharing this one.

Now, the closest footage to this one i've seen in the past is the one of

Cusago and Trezzano, Milan, Italy;
www.youtube.com...

After the assestments made by the police, it turned out to be an
inflatable saturn shaped balloon, with a reflectant surface: more or
less like this one.

www.goldmodel.net...
The similarities that i've noticed are both shape and movement: it looks to
rotate, to change inclination but it keeps hovering on the same place.

But in THAT case it has been assested what it was, don't know in this
one.
The final part of the video shows the object like becoming transparent,
but that's what i would expect incase of out of focus.
Since the video
has been taken on 2005, i've searched for older versions, but all i've been able to find (so far) are these ones, all uploaded in the last 24 hours:
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.dailymotion.com...

This is a possible issue: the cameraman cannot claim that he didn't
noticed tha ufo, since it's obvious that he did: so i wonder why to
wait four years before releasing it, and why to choose a blog watsoever rather than UFO website or uploading it straight to YouTube.
It seems that the video has been submitted here:
esencia21.wordpress.com...

I'd say, nothing of conclusive about this one, thanks again to Camilo1 for sharing this one.

[edit on 10/4/2008 by internos]

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I'm going to side with the balloon idea due to the way it moves. I'd say that is a good guess and probably correct. Perhaps the result of too many Cervezas

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I think it's interesting enough to take a look at the original video outside of the Youtube compression setup. However I must say on first thought, this does look like a regular mylar balloon. It looks a lot like that to me.

If this were me, I would have chased the thing down in my car and got video from as close as possible. I've actually seen regular mylar balloons that look just like this. I keep a small pair of binoculars in my car, and have often seen something strange in the sky only to look more closely and find it's an escaped balloon.

But heck, it could be a UFO I suppose. Anyway it's strange that there isn't more video. Youtube allows 10 minute uploads...

Here is another Youtube video (not a great comparison, but enough to get the idea) of what a mostly normal mylar balloon looks like. Many of these balloons come in metallic reflective colors.

-WFA

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by stikkinikki
I'm worried that there are Remote control hobby aircraft operators that are hoaxing. I looks a little too 50's martian to me with the bubble top but I've never seen a closeup ufo in the daylight.

If everyone were to jump to 13 MP cameras would all these videos be clearer?

I have to disagree. I've had a close encounter in daylight, and - shock horror - they DO look like two saucers joined at the rims
I don't really see any 'bubble' per se. As for the 'blurry diamond' - that's simply the optics of the camera when an object is out of focus..
J.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

Problem is though: in the video from Columbia, it's quite obvious that the UFO has a flat bottom - nothing like this balloon. I'm not saying it ISN'T a balloon - athough I remain unconvinced it's a balloon due to it's stationary position - just that it's NOT this one...

J.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jimbo999

Well, it's hard to say what's "obvious" in this video:
but let me say this: i've posted that image as example, and the fact that it's rounded or flat does not change so much what we're looking at:

All that we see, as movement, it's a clockwise rotation on its horizontal axis: this is not what i would call an "intelligent manoeuvre":
with that being said, let's recap shortly what is this video:

Duration: 1:13
Filmed on: 2005
Uploaded on: 2008
Description of the object: saturn shaped, static, rotating clockwise
Media coverage=NO
Witnesses=no
Further informations= zero

You decide, mate:

let's assume that its bottom surface it's flat, so what?
Did you check the link provided by IattackPeople?
Its behaviour is exactly the one of a balloon attached to the ground with two or more ropes, but even with just one it would rotate so, since the only variable which affected its movements was the wind.

[edit on 18/4/2008 by internos]

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Arghh,

YouTube have removed the video due to violation of terms again! Are they taking a disliking to ATS? It sure feels that way lately! All the interesting stuff is getting ripped in no time flat!

I guess they're sitting back and giggling as the posts come in here about it being a conspiracy!

Can someone 'up' it again or at least find a new link?

[edit on 18/4/08 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Here you go
www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Well, I hate to break the news, but 'rotating in a clockwise direction on it's horizontal axis' is exactly what UFOs I've seen do
So no suprises there.

Yeah - I watched the balloon video - and it doesn't really bear much resemblence as far as I can see. It's very interesting from a psychological aspect how some find clear UFO footage as equally damning as the blurry, night-time footage we're all used to being inundated with.

Personally, I wish people would upload UFO footage onto some other site than Youtube - as the compression alogarithim is pretty brutal, and tends to ruin the footage anyhow.

J.

[edit on 18-4-2008 by jimbo999]

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Muchos Gracias Amigo!

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Actually, I saved this video about 2 years ago.So it's been out there for awhile.

top topics

join