It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breach Of Obamas Passport files leads to firing at State Department

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
reply to post by Perplexed

you know...you right wingers have to come up with better lines. obama a RACIST? a kenyan father and a white mother from nebraska, yeah... right... also don't forget drug runner, murderer, kid toucher, embezzler, come on you can do better then that! sorry, but you used up all the childish namecalling on clinton.

Hey, it could always be worse.. They could say he was a descendant of slave owners as this article implies.

[edit on 3/21/08 by LLoyd45]

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by sy.gunson
Spacedoubt when I tried to post here earlier there was a post that suggested Hillary's supporters were behind this.

When I tried to submit a post I was blocked and got an automated reply that a moderator had closed the thread.

Now I see your post replacing the post suggesting Hillary was behind it.
Are you abusing your privileges as a moderator to tamper with posts to promote your own political views ?

I think we members of ATS are entitled to an answer ?

No sy.gunson, I just posted as a member. No moderator tricks, or abuse of privileges. That post was pretty much all of my ATS activity yesterday.
If you haven't already, I encourage you to post your thoughts again.
You can also submit a complaint, if you'd like the staff to further research what happened.

My first suspicion was Hillary..But as I thought about it, I suspected that the timing was SO Perfect. Turning Obama from potential racist, to victim. That it had to be self inflicted.

And now it comes to light that all three of the leading candidates have been
"breached". So my theory has been modified slightly.
I think that ALL THREE independently knew that this was going on, and were merely waiting for an opportunity to play victim. Problem is, they each thought they were the only one. Now it looks rather silly.

And now the news cycle has yet another un-important story to pump through the airwaves. God forbid we address real issues.

[edit on 21-3-2008 by spacedoubt]

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
reply to post by Perplexed

you know...you right wingers have to come up with better lines. obama a RACIST? a kenyan father and a white mother from nebraska.

Im astonished youd even say such a thing as a defense. I have personally known people in a similar boat that have turned out to be racist (one of em even joined a nazi skinhead group). He was half black. His mother was black and father was black. It happens, dont use it as an excuse to say its not possible.

Put it this way, obama has said a couple things that are written off. But had he said those things being white against black it would be a very different story. Get off your high horse and face reality.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
It appears CEO's from Stanley donated to McCain,Hillary, and Obama's campaign this just gets weired by the minute.

RawStory

The Associated Press later identified Stanley, Inc. as the Virginia-based contractor whose two employees were terminated. One prescient blogger who guessed correctly that Stanley was the contractor in question noted that its CEO is a political donor:

...[O]ne thing that would add to the appearance of impropriety is that CEO Nolan has, according to the Open Secrets database, been a campaign contributor to Sen. Joe Lieberman, a leading supporter of Obama's Republican adversary John McCain. In March 2005 Nolan gave $1,000 to Lieberman's reelection campaign.
The NBC News 'Deep Background' blog has more on Stanley as well as another firm involved in the breaches, The Analysis Corporation of McLean, including the revelation from public records that Stanley CEO Nolan "gave $1,000 to Sen. Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign on Feb. 20, 2008" and Analysis CEO John Brennan "gave $2,300 to Sen. Obama on Jan. 28, 2008."

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Keith Olbermann on Passport Breach

Take the time to watch the news segment they bring up some really good points. Apparently we are not the only ones that think its alittle to PERFECT that now all three candidates where breached.

MSNBC TV

[edit on 21-3-2008 by whoreallyknows] edit to fix link and mis-spelling

[edit on 21-3-2008 by whoreallyknows]

[edit on 21-3-2008 by whoreallyknows]

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by AndrewTB

But had he said those things being white against black it would be a very different story.

Like what things?
What did he say that could be construed as racist?
Quotes, please.

Get off your high horse and face reality.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by AndrewTB

Please stay on topic this thread is about the passport breachings.

There are plenty of other threads where you can make your point

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   
A news update:

Passport breach being investigated

The State Department isn't that worthless after all (notice the italics).

The State Department last night said one of the persons responsible for the inappropriate behavior was employed by an information technology firm headed by one of Mr. Obama’s foreign intelligence advisors.

The State Department this evening had not yet released the names of the persons responsible for the unauthorized searches but said two were employed by Stanley Inc. and the third was an employee of The Analysis Corp. (TAC).

Stanley and The Analyis Corporation are the two parties at least partly responsible for hiring such idiots.

It also appears that Hillary really wasn't "hacked" by any stretch of the imagination. but McCain may have:

One of the same contract employees who pulled Mr. Obama’s information earlier this year was found to have gone into Mr. McCain’s file.

Mrs. Clinton’s file was probed last summer when a State Department intern accessed her file during a training exercise.

Hillary is doing her best to play victim when nothing suspicious actually happened to her.

Nice try.

Ms. Rice said she could not say whether any laws were broken, but said that the State Department inspector general would “get to the bottom of it and make certain that nothing more was going on.”

I'm pretty sure a breach of privacy such as this is warrant for an arrest.

But I forgot you don't keep a copy of the law on hand in the state department. Its not like you're part of the government intended to protect its citizens. Couldn't be.

A statement released last night by the State Department press office said that “access to passport records by contractors who do not have a need to know the
information would violate the Privacy Act [of 1974].”

Oh really? I wonder...

The officials used their authorized computer network access to look up files within the department's consular affairs section, which processes and stores passport information, and read Mr. Obama's passport application and other records, in violation of department privacy rules, Mr. McCormack said.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Stanley is run be X military and govt employees...they are beholden to current admin officeholders for their contracts, so guess who gets to call the shots?

The State dept is a disaster, officials are corrupt, and frauds. People living within the USA have no idea how bad the situation truly is, like a frog slowly being boiled alive. This Admin has been nothing more than a revolving door for military, govt employees and the contractor companies they create to steal the taxpayer blind and do the bidding of corrupt politicians.

This event is small compared to the damage done to Banking system.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Obama may bash the Clintons, but he is much like Bill. Instead of apologizing for his Pastor's inflammatory remarks with regards to racism and America, he lectures the American public about racism. This is the arrogance you deal with for these Narcisistic types.

Obama NEVER mentions anything with regard to US National Security. Hillary mentions little, and McCain mentions the most.

The State Department has always been a mess. In 1996, then-President Clinton moved control for advanced technology exports to the Commerce Department from the State Department. As a result, the Chinese National Institute of Remote Sensing quickly won approval for the radar exports now used in Chinese missle guidance systems for tracking targets. The cross-over from one department to the next in aims of allowing sensitive technology exports to China further caused the State Department to become more convoluted (The State Department later filed 123 counts of illegal technology transfters to China against Bill Clintion for this tactic).

Just because Obama has a White mother and Grandmother, does not mean he not racist. He called his Grandmother 'a typical White person'.

i'll call Obama then a 'typical Black person and most likely Muslim to boot'.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet

Just because Obama has a White mother and Grandmother, does not mean he not racist. He called his Grandmother 'a typical White person'.

Wow thats so mature, why don't you throw sticks and stones while your at it.

People lets try to stay on topic this is about the PASSPORT BREACHING.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by whoreallyknows

Originally posted by jetxnet

Wow thats so mature, why don't you throw sticks and stones while your at it.

People lets try to stay on topic this is about the PASSPORT BREACHING.

Good point...staying on topic is always a plus:

Have you checked out the the second company involved in the PassportGate issue? The Analysis Corporation....high-level intelligence operation that contracts for the Government on Homeland security/counter-terrorism matters. Good place for spooks and former intel operatives to work....

Check them out:
www.theanalysiscorp.com...

[edit on 22-3-2008 by realmatrix]

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by realmatrix

I checked out the link you provided and I read the CEOs profile,

John O. Brennan

President and Chief Executive Officer

Mr. Brennan was appointed President and CEO of The Analysis Corporation (TAC) in McLean, VA in November 2005. Prior to joining TAC, Mr. Brennan had a distinguished 25-year career with the Central Intelligence Agency, serving in a variety of senior positions throughout the Intelligence Community. His last assignment was (interim) Director of the National Counterterrorism Center (NCTC). Mr. Brennan was appointed to that position, with the approval of the President, by the Director of Central Intelligence in October 2004. He served as head of the NCTC until August 2005. Mr. Brennan also served as the Director of the Terrorist Threat Integration Center (TTIC) from 12 March 2003 until 6 December 2004. When the NCTC was formally launched in December 2004, all functions and responsibilities of the TTIC were transferred to the NCTC.

here is the link to the profiles of the other vp's in this company TAC

After reading about the breaches and the players involved. I'm starting to wonder if there is a "deepthroat" involved in this too. Did the Journalist who broke this story ever say who his source was.

Here's a link the the Washington Post time-line of The Watergate Story

I can't put my finger on it but this whole story it's just not adding up. Its like we are being given info deliberatly to try and keep us off the topic of why. Why are they looking at passport records, who was the real target, and why were they so quick to just say it was staffers that were being noisy? Also, why aren't they releasing the names of the people who did the snopping? Shouldn't we have there faces all over the news by now. Are they hidding there idenities because while they work for TAC or Stanely they are really CIA? Could they of been planted there to spy on US political players. Could releasing their identies lead to a even bigger scandal!!! My guess is YES

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to whoreallyknowspost by

I tend to agree with you that we are being given facts that are trying to misdirect the public and shield the real culprits.

The real issue is the original Passport issue involving Obama...his filed was accessed (3) times.

Hilary's file was access by mistake while one of the contractors was in a training session with trainers looking on.....so I discount this one.

McCain file was accessed by the same person who accessed Obamas files, and that person is still employed by the State Dept. I think this is the person of focus.

ANALYSIS CORP: Intelligence Operations:

Intelligence Operations and Analysis

TAC analysts have provided mission-critical services to the counterterrorism community for the past 16 years. These employees perform a wide array of mission and support functions for intelligence agency customers, including:

* Monitoring multiple classified and unclassified networks for potential terrorist-related threats,
* Drafting situation reports, preparing and presenting briefing materials, providing early warning and notification to key officials, and facilitating the flow of critical information to those who need it on an immediate and/or continuous basis, and
* Assisting in closing the gaps between the collection and analysis of actionable intelligence by facilitating information flow between federal, state, and local agencies.

TAC supports virtually every facet of the terrorist watchlisting and screening process/cycle.
www.theanalysiscorp.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
More developments...

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The CEO of a company whose employee is accused of improperly looking at the passport files of presidential candidates is a consultant to the Barack Obama campaign, a source said Saturday.

John O. Brennan, president and CEO of the Analysis Corp., advises the Illinois Democrat on foreign policy and intelligence issues, the source said.

Brennan briefed the media on behalf of the campaign this month.
SOURCE

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
AHAHAHAHA.....

Passport contractor exec is Obama adviser...that is so funny.....

Oh and Obama people saying its Hillary or some conspiracy...All 3 current Candidates had their passports looked at....

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex
More developments...

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The CEO of a company whose employee is accused of improperly looking at the passport files of presidential candidates is a consultant to the Barack Obama campaign, a source said Saturday.

John O. Brennan, president and CEO of the Analysis Corp., advises the Illinois Democrat on foreign policy and intelligence issues, the source said.

Brennan briefed the media on behalf of the campaign this month.
SOURCE

Yep I've been checking this out and there are some disturbing issues that still perplex me about this whole event.

1) Why would the whistle-blower who originally reported this event go to the Washington Times? They are not a Newspaper Known for breaking events like this, why not go to the Washington Post....who have better investigative reporters on staff and a History of getting to the Bottom of conspiracies....like Watergate.

2) Why is the State Dept requesting The Analysis Corp to keep their employee on staff, even though this was a blatant privacy violation of the highest order.

3) Why did it only take a week for the McCain incident to become public and it took over 50 days for the Obama incident to be reported?

4) Why didn't the Washington Times report in their original story that all three candidates had their files breached? They certainly had the information at that time, so why wait a day then release info on Hilary and McCain?

As I said in a previous post, The Analysis Corp is the perfect place for spooks and moles to reside, and there is still much more to this story.

[edit on 23-3-2008 by realmatrix]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Surely if you work for the state department and you look at someone's passport records you know you going to be found out some way or another.
Things like this must go on all over the world in all sorts of companies but looking at the files connected to the possible future president of the united states they must have known they would have gotten caught.
Something else is up with this whole episode but i fear we're not hearing the whole story.

[edit on 23-3-2008 by rhynouk]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by phoenix103
You guys really need to work out what's important and it certainly isn't who apologised to who and why!

Yes it is important. It goes straight to revealing bias. To use your own words - YOU guys, who don't see that, really need to put on a pair of glasses. See what's going on and put the clues together. That's what a consipracy site does.

Originally posted by realmatrix
Andrea Mitchell is reporting that this is not a conspiracy because now all three candidates had their files breached. Hummm! She has reached this conclusion even before we know the individuals and companies involved in this matter.

That's because Andrea Mitchell is an unabashed Obamatron. She and Chris Matthews. They are VERY pro-obama biased and, as it turns out, it was an OBAMA ADVISOR that probably was at the heart of all this.

Yes ... OBAMA ADVISOR

Not a supporter. Not a campaign worker. An ADVISOR.

Story Here

[edit on 3/23/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by phoenix103
You guys really need to work out what's important and it certainly isn't who apologised to who and why!

Yes it is important. It goes straight to revealing bias. To use your own words - YOU guys, who don't see that, really need to put on a pair of glasses. See what's going on and put the clues together. That's what a consipracy site does.

Originally posted by realmatrix
Andrea Mitchell is reporting that this is not a conspiracy because now all three candidates had their files breached. Hummm! She has reached this conclusion even before we know the individuals and companies involved in this matter.

That's because Andrea Mitchell is an unabashed Obamatron. She and Chris Matthews. They are VERY pro-obama biased and, as it turns out, it was an OBAMA ADVISOR that probably was at the heart of all this.

Yes ... OBAMA ADVISOR

Not a supporter. Not a campaign worker. An ADVISOR.

Story Here

[edit on 3/23/2008 by FlyersFan]

Well actually you are taking a bit of a leap here:

1) The individual you refer to is the CEO of the company that was hired as a contractor to the State Dept. He was not the one who breached any files, it was one of their employees. You make it sound like the CEO actually breached the files.....

2) Andrea Mitchell has much more of a Clinton bias than one for Obama, she is always giving Hilary the benefit of the doubt...probably because she and Hilary have been friends for so long....but I digress.

While your sense of glee is overwhelming about this latest aspect of Passportgate, I would remind you that we are still at the tip of the iceberg on this one....with still plenty of info yet to come out

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join