It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breach Of Obamas Passport files leads to firing at State Department

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Wow! Saved by the bell! This is simple to get the public eye off the oh so touchy Race issue. His party knows that they will never win a race topic, america still has its major kinks on that. So just in time they got a Great public story about "obama BREACHED!"..you know this one, a good way to pull the cover over your eyes to put your life in danger! Hah ha. Stop this stupid game of nit picking words on Other people and start the Focus on the REAL problems. I mean my god(and yours) ANY person could run for president right now just by tackeling the laundry list of problems. Its so long i do not even feel like typing them...
someone on ats said this once and i agree
Its like wrestleing, they know who is going to win in the end, and they kill an X amount of time with Acting and improve.
Good show boys, good show.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Perhaps I shouldn't be but I am truly amazed at the uninformed speculation in this thread.

Instead of this being a story about three contractors accessing a file of someone in the public eye (guess what - this happens in EVERY walk of life in EVERY country in the world) it suddenly becomes a conspiracy.

Either it's something to do with Clinton or even Obama looking for some kind of sympathy!

GET REAL PEOPLE!

I accept this site is a "conspiracy" site but none of you have any proof or evidence of any kind to back up your wild theories.

And before anyone has a dig about me being an Obama fan or not let me say this - I don't live in the US. Beyond seeing Bush out of office (something LONG overdue) I couldn't care less who you 'elect' as your next President.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Washington post source:

Obama passport files violated; 2 workers at State fired; 1 rebuked

The government's side of the story below:

Mr. McCormack said the officials did not appear to be seeking information on behalf of any political candidate or party.

"As far as we can tell, in each of the three cases, it was imprudent curiosity," Mr. McCormack told The Washington Times.

And Obama's reaction:

The Obama campaign denounced the accessing as "an outrageous breach of security and privacy, even from an Administration that has shown little regard for either over the last eight years."

Spokesman Bill Burton said "our government’s duty is to protect the private information of the American people, not use it for political purposes. This is a serious matter that merits a complete investigation, and we demand to know who looked at Senator Obama’s passport file, for what purpose, and why it took so long for them to reveal this security breach."

I tend to lean more towards Obama's side of the story, however unlikely.

I'm sorry but curiosity doesn't sound like a good reason to invade someone's privacy, regardless of who they are.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Delurking here just to ask if it has occurred to anyone but me that *if* there is anything even slightly dodgy in Obamas passport records that the information would not be useful to the Republicans if the race turns out to be between Mcain and Obama as a last resort ace up their sleeve?

I'm not American so please forgive my ignorance of your political process if this is gobbledegook

(edited to remove double sig)

[edit on 21-3-2008 by Epona]

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

I agree with you Biggie (sings Biggie give me one more chance...hehe), if they were just snopping then why would they look at only one persons. Why not look at a couple of other high level people too. Nope they wanted to see his info and they big question is WHY?

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by whoreallyknows

They may have been looking at all the candidates passport information for all we know. Obviously they were trying to keep this breach under wraps.

What I'd like to know is: Who are these three people?, do they have any affiliation to either campaign party?, and why only two were fired rather than all three?

Also, who oversees the Passport Services agency ? i.e. Who is at the top of the chain? Is it the Secretary of State?

[edit on 3/21/08 by LLoyd45]

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Despite the accusations, I think this is less conspiracy and more "accident." I think this is more of a case of curious people sticking their nose where it shouldn't be. I think this is more akin to poking through someone's medicine cabinet than anything malicious.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Alert: MSNBC is reporting that the State Dept is also saying that Senator Clinton's passport files were also breached in 2007......that means that both of the democratic candidates have been compromised.

This gets stranger and stranger, and yet we still have no information being release on the companies who supplied these "contractors" to the State Dept.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Alert: Now reports are coming out that McCain's passport files have been breached.
This is beginning to sound like the good old days of J. EDGAR HOOVER.

So are we supposed to believe that this all means nothing?
All three Presidential Candidates privacy compromised and were are to be led to believe that this was done by a few derelict State Dept contractors! I doubt it!

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by realmatrix
So are we supposed to believe that this all means nothing?
All three Presidential Candidates privacy compromised and were are to be led to believe that this was done by a few derelict State Dept contractors! I doubt it!

Why do you doubt it?

There's no evidence it was done for any malicious reason?

Thinking about it a bit further, what ever the truth behind this may be, Barack Obama is going to make a very big deal about it, because it changes the topic from Reverend Wright, especially in context of what he said last night on the radio.

[edit on 21-3-2008 by SaviorComplex]

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Was reading this over at MSNBC. I hope this somehow ties to Bush and we can finally impeach him for something.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
"for accessing passport records of Sen. Barack Obama "without a need to do so,"

Well hmmm here's this guy who's gonna be a player in the race for President of the United States. I would think considering everything thats been goin on with Islamic Fascism that a simple credit check as it were isn't such a big deal. As was said they have done this before. You have to step out of your political correct way of thinking for a moment and look at it very simply, logically and blunt. A man with a muslim name running for President of these here states, "hmmm interesting, well lets just have a quick looksie what he's been up to. Ahh ok nothin suspicious here, allright no need to press him further, he's cleared."

You know that seems pretty reasonable to me. Infact I think they would be doing a dis service to this country to not cover all their bases. So you would have him fly under the radar with out scrutiny. What if that scenario actually accured and it went un noticed, we'd be feeling pretty sheepish and stupid for not looking.

You know what this looks like, wait no, you know what this is? This is just the MSM helpin Obama out of this huge mess he's in. Make him look like the victim of racism and the sheep won't see him for the racist that he is. But you are all fooled by this well spoken man with this tactic of kindness he has used on you. Oh and it's a tactic allright.

heres a quote from Obama's book “This was usually an effective tactic, because white people were satisfied as long as you were courteous and smiled and made no sudden moves. They were more than satisfied; they were relieved – such a pleasant surprise to find a well-mannered young black man who didn’t seem angry all the time.” He goes on to say how easy it is to trick white people and so on.

And for his wife to say this is the first time in her "adult life" she has been proud of America. Which says to me that yes as a child I loved America but that was before I started going to a marxist church, so for the last 20 years or so, she has not been proud of America for anything. Ummm offensive anyone?

[edit on 21-3-2008 by Sheeper]

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Sheeper

While I won't stop to take the time to educate you on your xenophobic statement being wrong....I will say you should stay up-to-date with the news before you rant on something.

How do you explain that all 3 of the Presidential Candidates have been compromised?

Need I remind you that ALL AMERICANS have rights to their privacy being protected....it is the LAW!

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by realmatrix

Sorry my friend I am not xenophobic, it is just you are so indocrinated in political correntness you can't understand that some people just call them as they see them. And that is all I do, I don't care who you are, what you are, anything, I'm not afraid to say something because it might offend, that job belongs to you, so you stay in your corner and I'll stay in mine. And ok....so it was all three, I got the impression from the headlines that they were making this out to be an attack on Obama, so one would assume he was singled out, oh how stupid I am.

That is even better and far less offensive to anyone, why shouldn't they be able to check who's ever passport records they want when you are in a position to have influence over mass's of people. And if it makes you feel better to try and make my view seem somehow inferior to yours, have at it. But I am with out a doubt sure about all this and their is no fog in front of my face. BTW, I am no republican or democrat, I am just a free thinking human being un oppressed by television and headlines.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Source

"But she is a typical white person who, if she sees somebody on the street that she doesn't know, there's a reaction that's been bred into our experiences that don't go away, and that sometimes come out in the wrong way, and that's just the nature of race in our society."
So what typifies us white people? Sounds like stereotyping to me.

I'm not overly sensitive about names, but when you start lumping me into categories, it does irritate me. I'm not "typical" by any means. Everyone on here has a different background, belief system and set of values.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Sorry just one more time for you RealMatrix as it applies to you specifiacally.

“This was usually an effective tactic, because white people were satisfied as long as you were courteous and smiled and made no sudden moves. They were more than satisfied; they were relieved – such a pleasant surprise to find a well-mannered young black man who didn’t seem angry all the time.”

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
ok - EXACTLY what does a persons passport file ACTUALLY contain ?

is there anything of any real value in there ?

or more precisly - any info that is not allready widley known or more easiliy accessible - given the " victims " profile

as i realise that the info i supplied in my passport application contains several peices of confidential info

but i am not in the public eye - and subject to insane levels of media scrrutiny

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sheeper
Sorry just one more time for you RealMatrix as it applies to you specifiacally.

“This was usually an effective tactic, because white people were satisfied as long as you were courteous and smiled and made no sudden moves. They were more than satisfied; they were relieved – such a pleasant surprise to find a well-mannered young black man who didn’t seem angry all the time.”

Not sure what you are talking about? But this statement was indeed correct...in the 30's,40's,50's,60's,70's,80's, better in 90's and better still now but not completely resolved.

So whats your point? He made a statement of fact! Ever watch any old Jack Benny shows...that was America in the past.....apparently you are still living in the Jack Benny age, and are a little touchy about facts.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Sheeper

Most of the Obama-haters in this thread at the very least made an attempt to hide their blatant racism. You, on the other hand, did not. I have to commend you for being honest, although you're talking out of your rear end.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monger
Most of the Obama-haters in this thread at the very least made an attempt to hide their blatant racism...

Since you just labeled anyone who criticizes Obama as a racist, would you care to present evidence of their supposed racism?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join