It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Press Secretary Perino: Americans Say in War Ended in 2004

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   

White House Press Secretary Perino: Americans Say in War Ended in 2004

rawstory.com

At a White House press briefing today, Press Secretary Dana Perino effectively tells veteran correspondent Helen Thomas that the American people's say in the Iraq occupation ended after the 2004 election.

"The American people are being asked to die and pay for this," probes Thomas. "And you're saying they have no say in this war?"

"No," Perino responds, "I didn't say that, Helen. But, Helen, this president was elected--"

Thomas interrupts: "But it amounts to it. You're saying we have no input at all."

"You had input," Perino says. "The American people have input every four years and that's the way our system is set up."

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
That's....just....great.

So in essence what the White House (including Insaney's mumblings out of his sneering maw) is saying is that the only time Americans have a voice is around 'election time'---When we vote in our out an incumbant.

So in this case, we NEVER had a say what goes on with our country since Decider and his co-conspirators STOLD the election. And yet again, this coming up election is nothing bought a dog and pony show of hand-picked corporate / M.I.C. stooges, ready to keep this nightmare going right on for another 4-8 years without so much as a bump in the road. Not a SINGLE ONE OF THEM will try to get us out of this costly mess that is burrying us.

How awesome our 'Democratic' system works. The people that make up this country are nothing but a f-ing joke to all of these slime-bags.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
It is good to learn new things. I was never taught in school that once we elect a President that gives them free reign to do whatever they feel is right even if it is not what the people who elected him want. I wonder if thats how it works for other elected officials??

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if Perino is told to back pedal on this. I can see it upsetting plenty of Americans,and rightly so.
If I was told that I could only open my mouth once every four years,I'd be raising hell.
The endless stupidity of the current administration never ceases to leave me wondering how they made it this far.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
The Iraq War was a mandate from the 2004 election. After 4 years of an administration, you know what you are voting for.

Helen Thomas is a liberal-nutcase, and twisting words of a Presidential spokesman is her job, whether it makes sense or not.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

Actually, there was no mandate at all. No one signed into law "4 more years of Iraq."

There was no bill passed to ensure we stay in Iraq for 100 more years as McCain would like us to.

Here's a link to the VIDEO of the conversation between the two women.

Its exactly what the article quotes her as.

The American people have a say every four years, and after that, screw you people.

We don't have "democracy" in this country like many would have you believe. If that was true, there would be accountability from our politicians and there would also be a discussion with the people (and they'd actually listen).

What we have here is a covert dictatorship that is pretending to be a Constitutional Republic.

Bush has said the "constitution is a god damn piece of paper." Well I think he's a god damn $(#$*(%U(#$U%($#.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
More arrogance from the BushCo camp.

A stolen election does not a mandate make.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Some of you may know already that my family and I are all immigrants to this country. My brother, still not a citizen, fights for this country in Iraq. We, as non-citizens, can't vote. Does that mean that our feeling don't matter? That my brother's sacrifice is a silent one? This is absolute crap!

I am so tired of this administration devaluing our friends and families in this way. God...Help me change this world.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by citizen truth

My opinion is that These People made it this far by kowing how to pay people off, to get their way.
Once in power, they virtually have in infinate supply of money that they have access to and think they can buy off the world.
They do not care that we, the people , are the ones who will suffer from it.
We are in real danger.
If the Indians of north America would have had enough money, they could have bought mercinaries to sink the invaders before they had a chance to get a foot hold on the continent.
Bush and company are seling off all our assets, by cheapening the dollar and letting China, and others, to buy out our infrastructure.
We will be so broke, on one will buy our war bonds to protect ourselves.
All our munitions will be used up killing the first few waves, then we will be back to the stone age, throwing rocks and sticks while we are extirminated.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I have watched this chick time to time and they actually found someone just as dumb as the president for the job. She puts a nice caper to the worst Administration in history.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I can see where she is coming from here. Barring any conspiracy theories about the 2004 election itself (I know they're out there), the American people voted Bush in for a 2nd term while the war was still going on.

Apparently, at that time, a lot of people either agreed with the war, or didn't think it was enough to vote in Kerry.

This doesn't mean that GW shouldn't constantly re-assess the situation there, and it doesn't mean that congress shouldn't constantly re-assess the situation. But apparently neither GW or congress truly wants to stop the war.

So it will be up to the American people to vote people into office who will change that.

This, of course, all assumes that the system isn't entirely corrupt.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   
The truth hurts huh. . . and them to just come out and say it like that is a slap to every American's face. . . I think its almost that time. . . I WANNA RIOT!

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by immedicated

Riot?

That's what they're waiting for!!

Concentration camps, taser rounds, puke rays, active denial systems, militarization of law enforcement, the gutting of our Constitutional protections, Executive signing statements; they've got all the mechanisms in place and ready to roll as soon as the feculence tars the rotary vanes.

Don't kid yourself; rioting is exactly what they want us to do.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

you know, your right RR... let's just blow up every muslim in those other countries right...and the ones here, we can't let them roam around, so let's intern them in camps and any of those "liberals" that interfere will be put in with them. heil!!! i mean hail!! to republicans.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Sovereign797

it's not how people voted...it's who counts the votes. truth and cynicism has set in at my 55 year old age. maybe that why alot of older people seem distant, aloof, and quiet. the loss of the illusion, that has been presented to us for all of our lives, has painfully come into focus. the rants and vitriol have grown tiresome. they change nothing, but the direction of our hate. mature and reasonable solutions fall by the wayside, like leaves in a autumn wind. the subtle voice in the recesses of your mind that continued to ask "why is this happening" is soberly, and sadly answered. we as a nation moved slightly forward in the 60's, and were quickly dismissed and punished for the path varient. the truth does not set you free, it burdens you with helplessness and regret. i once was going to explain this to my 22 year old son, but i chose not to. he is filled with courage, hope, and he lives in the moment. an old mans clarity should not cloud a young mans vision.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
The Iraq War was a mandate from the 2004 election. After 4 years of an administration, you know what you are voting for.

Helen Thomas is a liberal-nutcase, and twisting words of a Presidential spokesman is her job, whether it makes sense or not.

You took a page right our of Bush's speech book with that mandate statement. There is no mandate, he only think there is, wining an election by an etremely slim margin is NO mandate of the people. Let's not forget that we've had election fraud up and down the board since the day this jerk took office.

That lady said that my feelings and my thoughts on the war are irrelevant. That my brother fighting over there is no sacrifice to her, because what she and the administration think is the only thing that counts. The President doesn't just get to do whatever the hell he wants after he is elected. If that were the case we'd be Russia.

new topics

top topics

join