It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phantom Plane Crashes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Phantom air crashes!
Events in which the witness feels and hears the plane going down but no sign of a crash is ever discovered.
Its a relatively recent phenomenon but there are becoming more and more being reported.
The scenario usually goes something like this. Witnesses see a plane going down, often in flames. They hear the crash and feel the ground shake as the plane impacts. Sometimes smoke and flames are seen, and witnesses can smell spilled fuel. Upon investigation, however, no sign of a crash is evident. Not only is no wreckage ever found, but no record of a missing or delayed flight is catalogued. So what are these people seeing?

Is it really paranormal? Is it some thing else???

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Thats really werid, I wonder whats causing it? Is it like real people flying in planes like at the current time? Or is it just something totally out of no where? Maybe wheres these planes are crashing its like a Bermuda triangle type thing..

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Acid. Id put a lot of stock in Acid. It messes with you man, it really does.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   
The only thing I can think of is a top secret government aircraft crashes, and they clean it up so it can remain top secret.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Or maybe it's psychic abilities, they have the ability to sense things in the future. But then they would be able to report a lot of other stuff besides just being able to sense plane crashes, so that wouldn't work.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   
It's becoming more and more reported? Could have fooled me, I've never heard of this nonsense. Do you have any articles or links?

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I wouldent say that this is nonsence...ITs strange yes!
but like other things paranormal it has to be investigated....

The Ghost Plane Incident

SORCE>>> C.R.I.F.O. ORBIT Newsletter,

Vol. 2, No. 10 - Jan. 6, 1956

Publisher, Leonard Stringfield
Nov. 18, 1955. The first reports told of extensive search parties combing the mountainous region of Dark Hollow, Pennsylvania, looking for a plane believed crashed. The search began after Dale Murphy, civil defense coordinator of Cumberland County, said he received reports from ten GOC members of either hearing or seeing a plane, �probably in trouble,� flying about 1,000 feet. One spotter said she saw it go out of sight behind a hill, then heard something like an explosion. However, checks with various air control agencies failed to turn up any reports of either a plane missing or in trouble. Air-sea rescue planes were dispatched by Westover AFB in Massachusetts to aid ground crews in the search. The planes were requested after two flares were reported over a deep ravine in Dark Hollow. But, the aerial search by the Air Force and the Civil Air Patrol along with nearly 300 firemen, police, civil defense workers and volunteers found no trace of a crashed plane. But the persistence of flares renewed the searchers efforts. On the 20th, yellow flares were reported at 1:30 a.m. and 6 p.m. At 9:30 that night Murphy ordered sirens blown on all fire equipment in the region. Fifteen minutes later, another flare arched into the sky. Finally, on the 22nd Nov., the search was halted, and the �ghost plane� became a legend.

[Edited on 22-2-2004 by asala]

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   
That is really creepy.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   
anything more recent than 48 years ago?

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   
lol yea just seen the date..

heres one for 1997

Plane Vanishes Near Long Island
UFO ROUNDUP Vol. 2, No 3
January 19, 1997
Editor: Joseph Trainor
People in Westbrook, Connecticut were amazed Wednesday morning, January 15, 1997 when they heard that a single-engine plane dive toward the waters of Long Island Sound... and then vanish. According to the newspaper The Day, �The Coast Guard, state Department of Environmental Protection, two rescue helicopters, fire departments from Westbrook, Old Saybrook, Madison and Clinton, and some marine patrols and private boats searched 100 square miles after a man reported he had seen a plane dive into the water. Daniel Bowes of Meetinghouse Lane was having a cup of coffee at about 7:30 a.m. at West Beach on Salt Island Road when he saw a plane flying low over the water, according to Ralph Buck, a captain of the Westbrook Fire Department. He told authorities it looked as if the plane took a nose dive, though he didn�t see a splash, Buck said. No airport in the area reported any planes missing, according to state police Lt. Cliff M�Sadoques.� At 4 p.m., the Coast Guard called off the search. No trace of any aircraft was found.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
It is abovetopsecret crashing annother plane?

Maybe Howard was the pilot?

I'm willing to guess it was a secret project being covered up for obvious reasons.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 07:32 PM
link   
..I've seen one..

This wasn't nearly as well documented, but it was insane.

My mother and I were driving towards my sister's house, we were on a fair sized highway here in Ontario, the 401. First I saw it, a huge airliner, flying in an incredibly steep bank (From where we were, the plane appeared to be completely on it's side.) and veering away from us, it was approximately 1.5 kilometers away, and it turned completely around. This was just evidence of how steep the bank was, it was moving towards us, then it went past us, (still a long way off, more than a kilometer) then it was coming back around, it was almost down beneath the line of site now, and it was going down really fast. It went behind a patch of trees, which showed us just how low to the ground it was, and it still looked to be completely on its side.

Oh jesus, it was insane.

But we never heard anything about it. Didn't see a major fireball, feel a shockwave, the cars in the area were all moving pretty slowly, could've just been traffic though. Nothing on the news, but my mom and I both saw it, it was in full view and obvious trouble for at least 3-4 minutes before it seemed to go down, anyrate, it was terrifying.

top topics

join