It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Since our tax dollars pay for the cover-up, is it our 'right' to know?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
This is of course assuming you believe that the Govt. actually has ET technology/knowledge in their possession. Apologies if this has been discussed before.

I'm not talking about knowledge of top secret weapons/craft for our county's security, just the simple yes or no presence of ET technology within our society. Should this greatest discovery of all time still be a secret?

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Well.... here's what I think...

a) The government(s) only knows slightly more than we know. They're afraid people will panic if they can't protect the country against UFOs, so they keep it secret.

In that case, I think we have a right to know.

b) The government(s) knows a lot more than we do. They may have contact with actual aliens. The government has decided that we shouldn't know about it.

I think we have a right to know.

c) The aliens and governments are in contact. The aliens wish for it to remain a secret.

I like to think that we should know about it, but maybe the aliens know what they're doing. So, I still think we have a right to know, but I have my doubts in this case.

I'm sure there are other possibilities too though....

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   
In theory, when people vote and elect a government, that government takes on the responsibility to ensure they are accountable to the people.

Governments should have no secrets from the people, our taxes pay them and provide for all their lurks and perks, they work for us.

People have a right to know everything.

res

[edit on 21-3-2008 by resistancia]

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
You must have missed the town meeting. We can't post the real answers, because the rest of the world will know the answer without paying.

There was just a recent thread about taxes and secrets.

I'll bring up the same argument here.

You buy a coke, does that act allow you to know how it's made? It's a secret formula. KFC chicken uses 13 secret herbs and spices, are they printed on your receipt?

Government and business have secrets for the good of nature of what they are protecting. There is no valid reason to know everything without cause.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
"Since our tax dollars pay for the cover-up, is it our 'right' to know?"

Well, we are paying for cover-ups, deep black projects and all sorts of covert operations our governments secretly engage in. Lifting the secrecy would be an immense waste of money.

And of course, the face of democracy, baby-kissing politicians making wonderful promises is only half the truth. The other face is that of the State, tasked with keeping its citizens safe, using force, openly with military might, and covertly using its secret intelligence agencies.

Regardless whether the enemy is human or alien: without secrets kept, a country will become vulnerable to others who do use spies and infiltrators to weaken and harm.

smilodon

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Something as amazing as extraterrestrial life should not be kept secret. It's not the same thing as a top secret jet. Sure, some secrets should be kept for the safety of the country, but alien life is not one of them.

top topics

join