It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey Guys And Gals, Could You Recommend Me Some Books?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Hey, how's it going everyone.

I wasn't sure where to post this but seeing as i'm first time user, introductions looked like a good place to start.

Anyway, I have read a few books here and there by such authors as Jim Marrs, Steven M. Greer, Zechariah Sitchin, and David Icke and i'm on the lookout for more books to read. So i was just wondering if anyone could recommend me a couple of good books on ufology, secret societies, conspiracy theories, and other such alternative topics?

Also, if you have any good books on WWII, i'll take those too

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Quite frankly, books are a waste of money. 99% of most information can be found on the internet, anyways.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Well... I don't know if you've read Orwell's 1984, or if you have, whether you've read it recently. But if you've never read it or haven't read it recently, it's a macabre game to go through the book and pick out the parallels to today's world.

In truth, it is quite scary.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
A man called Intrepid.

The Hunt for Zero Point.

Happy reading!

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
The true story of the Bilderberg Group by Daniel Estulin

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Lance Uppercut

Well,all this is only my opinion, but you asked.
I think Jacques Vallee is the UFO prince, most of his books are old but so maybe cheap in used-book-worlds. I think he has a correct attitude in how he questions things from different points of view at different times, he doesn't feel the need to have all his later works prove the the things he first thought when he started out. I like John Keel's " The Mothman Prophecies ", not least because of his tight yet amusing style. Another old one I grew up loving is Ivan Sanderson's " Invisible Residents ". For WW2 I like " Nazism 1919-1945 " in four volumes, edited by J. Noakes and G. Pridham. What they do is write very little themselves, instead they staple and stick together all type of primary source material, from letters, internal memos, speeches, pamphlets, memoirs...so as to get out of the way (at least somewhat) so you can get not their idea about the thing but the thing itself. I mean, at least more so than most historical interpretation-chunks.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I'm reading one right now that many of you might be interested in. It's called Diamonic Reality: A field guide to the Otherworld. The author is Patrick Harpur. I've only just begun reading it but I love it already. It's very interesting. Check it out and see if it's something you might like.

Another book that I just finished is Hunt for the Skinwalker. I love that story because that ranch is just a couple of hours from my hometown. I plan to go there someday, if possible.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Hello Lance Uppercut. I don't get much time to read during the school year with young kids, so I try to crank one or two out during the camping season, but I do want to welcome you to ATS.

Check out the 'Literature Discussion' forum in Below Top Secret. You may find something of interest.

click here

Enjoy!

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by chromatico
Quite frankly, books are a waste of money. 99% of most information can be found on the internet, anyways.

that's frightening.

Lance, be on the lookout this fall for the first Above Top Secret book by Jim Marrs.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Lance Uppercut

Welcome, Lance Uppercut!

The ATS Freshman's Forum is a great place to discuss the complexities of the ATS universe and to get advice from rookies and veterans alike.

Asala has a new member thread here: Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice.

There are lots of handy tips available in the Handbook of ATS Links.

Here’s a list of forum related threads:
Index of Important Website Related Threads

Configuring your MyATS page is the easiest way to put the ATS universe at your fingertips.

Be sure to check out Social Issues on AbovePolitics. I'm sure you will find the atmosphere to be friendly, enlightening, and rewarding.

Here's an excellent little, unobtrusive spell checker in case you need one: ieSpell 2.5.1 build 106

A convenient text editor also comes in handy when composing those epic posts: EditPad Lite.

Sooner or later you will find a use for TinyURL!™.

Don’t forget to set up the “Comments” section in your profile, so folks can drop by to say, “Hi!” All it takes is a “Howdy” from you to get the ball rolling.

Oh, and visit the Automotive Discussion forum.

Grady

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Rulers Of Evil by F. Tupper Saussy
Packed with information on the powers that be behind the scenes for 2,000 plus years including some wild information about the role of the Catholic Church in the formation of the United States. Some have accused the author of being anti-Catholic but I didn't get that feeling when reading it.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Anything by Erik Von Daniken. I know I'm gonna have the piss ripped out of me for saying this. But HE got me to take all this hear say nonsense seriously. He asks some very good questions too. Makes you think. Though I'm still sure I will be flamed for sayin His name. I still think Chariots Of The Gods is brilliant.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I have always liked Anthem by Ayn Rand, you can read it online for 'free', but, you might be able to pick the book up cheap and weigh out the cost of ownership versus the cost of power running a computer, monitor, and peripherals that you run while the pc is on.

Here is the online book, which also has other books you might want to check out:

Anthem

Oh, it is in the 1984/F451/WWII era category. Societal woes, to be short and not give anything away.

new topics

top topics

join