It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can recently deceased loved ones visit you

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
My beloved Boyfriend just recently died of a massive heartattack. I have been suffering with grief. The second day after his death. I noticed a scent that I recognized with him. It grew so strong that it literally was making me choke.
I have since been smelling this scent almost every day. I never know when it will come. I think this is him coming to comfort me. I love him and miss him so much.
I talk to him when I smell this. I tell him I love him.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Contact is not permitted. For a short period of time under the direction of a guide things can be tended to and overseen. The exception is the return of a known soul to give advanced notice of another's passing. again for a short time.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyde

Sorry to hear about your loss.

But yes, that happens alot, sometimes it is controlled (guides helping) and sometimes there is a confused spirit.

He might wish to tell you that you should not be grieving too much, and instead think that he will always be close to you in one way or other, and that you will meet again.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Sorry about your loved one.

If you have a pet I would be interested to know what it does during those times.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyde
My beloved Boyfriend just recently died of a massive heartattack. I have been suffering with grief. The second day after his death. I noticed a scent that I recognized with him. It grew so strong that it literally was making me choke.
I have since been smelling this scent almost every day. I never know when it will come. I think this is him coming to comfort me. I love him and miss him so much.
I talk to him when I smell this. I tell him I love him.

According to Dr. Michael Newton, who has done extensive research in this area with people under hypnosis, it is possible for people who have passed on to contact their loved ones. This apparently happens most often just after death, but that is also a time when the loved ones are in a state least likely to notice the contact. It could be a sound, a touch, a smell, or something like that. It might also be in a dream.

It is allegedly very difficult for souls to reach through to this plane of existence, so it's usually the more advanced souls who are able to make physical contact. I would certainly expect some sort of contact. It's meant to be a reassurance of sorts, to let you know that everything is alright and that the soul you knew is still alive even though the body is not.

I wouldn't expect this contact to continue. The soul has things it needs to do. Once he feels you've got the message, he will move along and continue his journey and life elsewhere.

If you'd like to read more, I *highly* recommend a book called Journey of Souls by Dr. Michael Newton. It's a bit dry at times, but the premise is fascinating.

Regards,
John

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illahee
Contact is not permitted. For a short period of time under the direction of a guide things can be tended to and overseen. The exception is the return of a known soul to give advanced notice of another's passing. again for a short time.

I think you meant to say, "I *believe* that contact is not permitted [...]". I don't think you have any way of knowing for certain, do you?

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm terribly sorry for your loss. You might be interested in this thread.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
ladyde: Sorry for your loss.

You should try to communicate with him and tell him to go towards the Light. This can be repeated as many times as you feel it necessary. Also white candles could help.

When death occurs suddenly, the spirits can "lose their way". Please show him that you feel well. It's said that the transit to great beyond takes 3 days since death occurs. Try not to cry, to moderate your pain.

I wish you all the best.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I've read of cases where a deceased persons spirit (or at least I assume that's what it is) will look in through a window or something, right around the time of death. Like if a person is watching TV, and someone close to them dies, they might see their face in the window or something. I've never had it happen to me, though, and the cases I read about, it was always right at the moment of death, or within minutes.

I also am sorry for your loss. I'm not really sure what to say to make you feel better, but I hope that you will manage somehow.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyde

There is a serious of YouTubes that I found entitled The Science Of Eternity ; there are 6 the series , here are two; you can kind the others if you want. I hope these help you; they have helped me:

This is what I also believe based on personal experience and loved ones who have died. It has eliminated organized religion from my life.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
There is something wrong with the YouTube links I put in before; here they are again:

youtube.com...

youtube.com...

youtube.com...

there are 6, you will have to look for the other 3 if you are interested.

Good luck

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I too am sorry for your loss.
Although I don't have any insight into the phenomena itself..I do have the experience.
My father died of cancer when I was 10 years old.He had a distinct walk with two canes holding him up that made a unique sound when he used the stairs in our home..(Hardwood floors).
After his death..I remember laying in bed one night..hearing the front door open and close, footsteps across the floor downstairs, and the unique sound of his feet and canes up the stairs to the second floor. I remember being terrified and arguing with my mother that I had heard daddy coming up the stairs!
But she did not,and told me it was just the noises of the old house.
NO WAY!

After she passed on..I was by her side when she died...worst thing I've ever been through in my life...occasionally..I would smell her perfume.Definitely a strong odour of it. And her perfume was unique, no one else I knew wore it, and I would smell it when alone in my home, (Her home that I grew up in and inherited).For many years after, I would smell her perfume..or dream of her, or actually here her voice in my head..giving me words of advice, or when I would think of something she would say to a situation.
A body dies, but a spirit never does.It is infinite energy. It goes from one existence to another, but a piece of it always stays. Our thoughts create reality, your thoughts and those of the ones you love. If you keep them alive in your heart and mind, they never truly go away.
I realize this is a very difficult and emotional time for you, but it truly does get easier each passing day.
You are never alone.
AccessDenied

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neiby

I think you meant to say, "I *believe* that contact is not permitted [...]". I don't think you have any way of knowing for certain, do you?

Merely the rules my friend. Pots illegal too but it doesn't stop anyone from breaking the law. They all do as they see fit, so do souls. Now to state it never happens would be an outright lie. After burying most of my family over the years I know it indeed does, and quite often. Still one should not raise the expectations of the bereaved.

It took me many years to realize the passing is as natural as the birth. It is a birth into a new and beautiful existence.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyde

All I can tell you is that a certain person I know, who is not at all "into" such speculation (and didn't even know about such phenomena), also smells her deceased sister's perfume every now and then. It comes and goes very suddenly.

Remember this: none of us really know.
There is absolutely no reason why you shouldn't trust whatever your heart is telling you.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
My condolences to you, dear ladyde. Yes, members of my family have experienced things like you described.
One sister shared about a "visit" in a dream by Mom, who told her she was sorry for how she had treated her during Life and had learned a lot after her Death. This was not recently after her passing, however.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
First off, my condelences to you. But no, the dead cannot visit you anymore than the Easter Bunny or the Tooth Fairy can. Don't be fooled.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyde

Please accept my sympathies for your loss, the answer to your question is a simple yes, I have witnessed contact many times. My father in law and dear friend conveyed a message to me only three days after his passing[I was holding him at the moment he passed and was aware of him next to the bed for a while afterwards], I can feel his prescence as I type this message.
Whenever you feel aware of him, speak to him, and if there was anything left unsaid, why not pick a quiet moment and sit down and write him a letter, as you write, you may feel him present.
As child, I experienced a number of near death experiences, and I can assure you that once free of the body, there is no pain, in fact you find yourself in a state of indescribable bliss, yet able to see clearly into this world.
Kindest Regards,
Horsegiver.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Ladyde my deepest condolense for your loss.
My personal experience seems to show a 3 day window for close loved ones to contact us in one way or another. When my father died in '84 we weren't getting along. Much hard feelings on both sides. My grief was compounded by my feelings of guilt. He came to me in one of the most lucid dreams I've ever had two days after his death. I was in a most luminous scape filled with thick fog. I heard the hooves of a large stallion coming full steam dead for me. At about 10 yards it materialized into a majestic white stallion with the gray/blue eyes my father had coming to a screeching halt just before me. I could feel the labored hot breaths of wind blowing my hair and on my face. I told him I was sorry and loved him and hugged his neck for what seemed like a minute or two. He did not speak persay but communicated from in telepathy I suppose. Said he loved me and had to go and roared off the way he came. Poof dream over. That was 24 yrs ago and it could have been yesterday. No other dream can I remember so profoundly.
My Mom passed in '04. We were very close. For three days and three nights after she passed I could feel her presence very close from time to time. My two dogs would go absolutely nuts. Pacing, yowling a little at times, hiding. The last night she must have been outside the window. My dogs barked furiously for fifteen minutes straight, fixated on one point. Nearby outside. I finally had to say aloud 'please Mom, you're driving my dogs nuts'. At that they stopped and curled up.

I won't tell you time heals all wounds. It does make them hurt less.
God Bless
John

[edit on 20-3-2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neiby

Merely the rules my friend. Pots illegal too but it doesn't stop anyone from breaking the law. They all do as they see fit, so do souls. Now to state it never happens would be an outright lie. After burying most of my family over the years I know it indeed does, and quite often. Still one should not raise the expectations of the bereaved.

It took me many years to realize the passing is as natural as the birth. It is a birth into a new and beautiful existence.

My point is that you don't know the rules any better than the rest of us, so don't be so dogmatic about it.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blueracer
First off, my condelences to you. But no, the dead cannot visit you anymore than the Easter Bunny or the Tooth Fairy can. Don't be fooled.

Don't listen to Blueracer. He is insensitive and and unnecessarily dogmatic. For the time being, just go with what you heart and spirit are telling you. No need to listen to any of us.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join