It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plans for Canada anti-terror unit found in garbage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Plans for Canada anti-terror unit found in garbage

news.yahoo.com

OTTAWA (Reuters) - Canada will probe how blueprints for the new headquarters of an elite military counter-terrorism unit ended up in a pile of garbage, Public Safety Minister Stockwell Day said on Thursday.

The Canadian Joint Incident Response Unit, housed inside an armed forces base in Trenton, Ontario, is designed to cope with the aftermath of an attack using weapons of mass destruction.

The 26 blueprints were contained in one of seven defense ministry files that a passer-by found on top of garbage bags on an Ottawa street. The other six files are still missing.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I guess if there going to have a Jericho they would want all the plans for the aftermath. It just makes for good planing to have all the bases covered.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I heard this story earlier in the day but never got around to posting it. I see we have a few threads on it already.

Here are a few links: (big names covering this)

NY Times
Globe and Mail
CTV
Fox News

To find a set of plans like this in the garbage is strange, but what are the odds that they would be found by some guy at the Rideau Institute.

The Rideau Institute on International Affairs is an independent research and advocacy group based in Ottawa. It provides research, analysis and commentary on public policy issues to decision makers, opinion leaders and the public. It is a federally registered non-profit organization, established in January 2007.

www.rideauinstitute.ca...

They didn't take all the tubes, and now the rest are missing. The government is launching a probe to find out how this mess happened. They say its not really a security risk as they are scrapped plans.

I call BS on this whole story. To me this sounds like a dirty scheme to bust a fake terror plot.

Maybe they wanted somebody to find these tubes? How convenient would it be to nab some "terrorist" with all this information.

It seems like this just all went wrong. Would they really dispose of these plans in such a manner?

new topics

join