It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'We Live in a Nightmare, Death and Carnage is Everywhere': Baghdad Resident

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   

'We Live in a Nightmare, Death and Carnage is Everywhere': Baghdad Resident

www.guardian.co.uk

"Immediately after the war, I had a strong feeling of optimism. I was sure the Saddam era wouldn't come back, we had money and were spending all the money.

"But then the conspiracy theories started. I began hearing my brothers and friends say the Americans were here only for the oil, and after that I would go to bed and lie awake thinking how much oil they were stealing from me. Now I don't care if they steal the money, I am so tired."

"I ask myself why life in Iraq is so cheap. We are living in a nightmare. It is like there is a camera recording us and by its light we see images of death and carnage everywhere. The Iraqi have good hearts, but we are living in a state of hysteria."

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Hold on a sec, Didn't our two Mafioso's in Chief, Dick Insaney and Dumbya The Decider just get done saying how 'secure' everything was, and how close to 'victory' (whatever the hell that's even supposed to mean anymore) we were? It sounds like the residents of Baghdad are loving their 'Freedom' and 'democracy' eh?

How soon until the reporter that dug up this story gets tossed into the detainment camp? heh

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

join