It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why hasn't the USA created internment camps for Muslims?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
If the United States of America is truly engaged in a "global war against radical Islam", as so many American politicians lead us to believe, why hasn't there been a serious attempt made to hold those in America who practice Islam in internment camps until the conclusion of this war?

In the past, this has been done to immigrants/ethnics from countries the US was at war with, so there is historical precedent. However, I think religion is much more likely to inspire tyrannical acts than nationalism - especially since an immigrant has chosen to leave his country for the US while an American Muslim has chosen to have the same faith as the presidentially-declared enemy of the state.

While I understand the Bill of Rights states that the government does not have the right to prohibit the free exercise of any religion, I'm also not suggesting that internment for Muslims until the end of this war would cause for First Amendment rights to be denied. Inside the camps, people would be provided with all they need to practice their faith and could do so openly and freely amongst their fellow believers (with the added bonus that they would not be distressing any non-Muslims who they would otherwise come across in public).

Internment is not punishment, but a guarantee of protection for both practitioners of Islam and the general public. We have seen successful and non-successful attempts at violence and intimidation from both sides, especially since September 11, and I'm genuinely surprised that no one in Congress has proposed internment camps as a viable solution. I'd think they would prove much more effective (and much less costly) at fighting radical Islam than the Iraq War, for example, and would benefit the homeland rather than foreign countries.

[edit on 20-3-2008 by Jaytan]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Why don't we have internment camps? Because I can think of little that is more unAmerican than the idea of internment camps. Because the idea that we are to round up every Muslim in this country based solely on their religious beliefs screams of Facism. Because no one in their right mind would ever seriously suggest such a practice.

I think it's sad that we've gone so far off course as a Nation that American citizens no longer understand what the fundamental concepts of this country actually are and that they value their freedom so little that they would suggest the denial of the freedoms of their fellow citizens.

btw, it's nothing personal against you, just the idea.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
We are not putting Muslims in internmant camps because that would mean admiting we have functional camps in the US. The last thing Big Brother wants is for all of the "Truthers" to be right. That would mean once again we are right and BB lied again.

Then the mass of people in the US that don't believe what truthers are saying now, will have no choice be to believe us. And that would cause a big problem for the NWO.

My 2cents

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Er...ummmm...how 'bout because all of those that practice Islam are not terrorists?

This is not a one line post.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Wasn't that what the camps were built for? They are just fences now, but the Jail in a box system being used for tent inmates now is proven and can be set up anywhere a truck goes. The radical terrorists never gave a second thought that part of their population could become inmates overnight.

So what do we say? Remember Pearl Harbor. We ran camps before and we will do it again. Its all up to them now isn't it?

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I should point out that I never endorsed the idea, I just wonder why no one in Congress has.

And they wouldn't have to put all Muslims in camps, but at least Muslims who aren't citizens, or even foreign-born Muslim citizens or Muslims with a criminal record. I also don't know if it's a good idea to allow them to work as armed personnel in the Armed Forces or work for the police or FBI, even as security guards or in airport security. It's hard to tell a spy from an average person, and why should we take the risk?

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Internment camps aren't just for foreigners anymore! They've got a cell for all of us now.

[edit on 3/20/08 by LLoyd45]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
i think it should be all people living in the us are locked up in camps, then shipped back to where they came from. if we ship out 1 then its one less mouth to feed,and if we ship out say 20k well then you get the picture. but yea if a muslim is here illegal then lock them up and ship em out

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
As President Bush has said before that Islam is a religion of peace and that the terrorists are hijacking the religion. Bush is no FDR.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Because it's not 1941 anymore, and the American people simply wouldn't stand for it.

While it's trendy to claim that everything has gone downhill since WW2, I would disagree. There has been a lot of social progress and that kind of racial/religious bigotry is no longer socially acceptable to a vast majority of Americans. Attempting to implement such a plan would almost certainly result in violence, and not just from the targeted group.

If they start putting Muslims, Jews, or any other unpopular minority in cattlecars and hauling them away to camps, there will be people like who won't hesitate to try to take out the guards with a few well-placed rounds.

I would not hesitate for a second to kill anyone participating in something like that, and I wouldn't feel one ounce of remorse afterward.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

I couldn't agree more.

Internment is a step away from concentration camps - the British and The Nazi varieties.

There's no place for that sort of thinking from our "leaders"

Otherwise, why fight WW2?

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
What does World War II have to do with this discussion? Just for the record, I don't think the US had any business getting involved in either that or the first World War. America ought to be isolationist.

We're in the middle of World War III - do you want to win or lose?

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
It takes time to build camps and right now we have none. I hahe spent months of my spare time searching the Michigan ,Ohio and Indiana countryside but nothing so far. I would post pictures if I had found anything.

mikell

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Because doing that will "breed" more real terrorists in their home country, they might not care about all the terrorists in other countries killing muslims daily, but right now the goverment does not want daily terrorist attacks in america.

Having camps like that in my opinion would turn america into something like Iraq and palastine, with weekly terrorist attacks by crazy people, who love to have an excuse to bomb stuff up, having camps give them that excuse haha.

[edit on 23-3-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jaytan
If the United States of America is truly engaged in a "global war against radical Islam", as so many American politicians lead us to believe, why hasn't there been a serious attempt made to hold those in America who practice Islam in internment camps until the conclusion of this war?

Which politicians have said that? I've heard plenty of that on talk radio, but it would be a big surprise to me if it came from an elected official.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by bamaoutlaw
i think it should be all people living in the us are locked up in camps, then shipped back to where they came from. if we ship out 1 then its one less mouth to feed,and if we ship out say 20k well then you get the picture. but yea if a muslim is here illegal then lock them up and ship em out

[sarcasm]
I'm sure you'd like to see any and every US citizen outside your national borders detained for 'supporting empirical terrorism' as reprisal for internment and deporatation of innocent civilians from the US

[/sarcasm]

[edit on 23-3-2008 by citizen smith]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Have you heard of the REX 84 program. They have in place a program to build or open internment camps. There are lots of threads all over ATS about this

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Maybe because arabs and muslims in America go too school and make a life for themself here there not the problem its the white kid who goes who finds Islam and all of a sudden its jehaid against us and im white.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaytan

And they wouldn't have to put all Muslims in camps, but at least Muslims who aren't citizens, or even foreign-born Muslim citizens or Muslims with a criminal record

Imagine if every country in the Middle East put this policy into place with regard to Americans. You would demand war with them to release all your "innocent" countrymen.

I also don't know if it's a good idea to allow them to work as armed personnel in the Armed Forces or work for the police or FBI, even as security guards or in airport security.

I dont know if its a good idea for you to have access to the internet. Especially if your gonna make outrageous statements such as the one i quoted above.

So its ok for Muslims to do all the menial work that Americans are to lazy to do(ie taxi, cleaning, convenience store etc), just dont let them have a gun.

CT

[edit on 2/4/2008 by Conspiracy Theorist]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaytan

Because it's a massive violation of their human rights, habeas corpus, due process, and a multitude of other equally-disgusting violations.

Not all muslims are terrorists, and not all terrorists are muslim. To run camps like this, accurate records of all muslims would need to be kept. How those records could be kept accurate, when all one needs to do is not say they're muslim, is beyond me.

It would most likely cause even more moderate muslims to fight their own war against the US for being such nazis, just as the war in Iraq is doing. You'd end up with terrorists who were unknown to be muslims to the government, and camps full of the very people who can turn the tide of what the US has started. So, it's a pretty bad idea all round.

Plus the US would be chastised by the international community, and it could no longer call out other injustices by other countries, as it would be obviously hypocritical.

new topics

top topics

join