It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robotic Aliens, Former Selves, and Michio Kaku

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Hey, I just thought this link would be pretty interesting to some of you time travel/space exploration/technology junkies. (Don't worry, I'm one too)

Anyway, it's a cool little interview with Michio Kaku, one of the brightest men in the world. Co-founder of the String Theory, and author of the acclaimed Physics of the Impossible.

Here's the link:

science.discovery.com...

I think it's an interesting read.

[edit on 3/20/2008 by bigbert81]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   

1. If time machines exist, can we ever hope to meet our older, or younger, selves?
A. That is a big "if." But assuming they exist, then there is hope that we might meet our older or younger selves, but they won't be exactly "us." The river of time, I believe, may fork into two rivers if we travel in time.
Hence, if we jump from one time line to another time line, we may meet ourselves in the past, but these people won't really be "us." They will be genetically identical to us, but will be a younger or older version of ourself in a parallel universe. Hence, we won't have any time paradoxes.

That sounds very similar to Back to the future II where the old Biff helped out the young Biff. No time paradoxes.

A. In fact, if we ever make contact with an advanced civilization in space, we should not be surprised if they have already altered their genetics and biological organs. In fact, I would be surprised if a civilization a million years more advanced than us has not modified their bodies genetically and mechanically.

This sounds like what the Grays are doing in order for the species to survive?

Now realize that the Greys are genetic engineers, though not the only ones. Most of the aliens from off planet are genetic engineers because they value life forms as opposed to gold and silver. Genetic's, life forms and things of that nature is their wealth. A lot of the genetic engineering and experimentation is going on here, on earth and on Mars moon Phobos, by the Greys. They are using this opportunity to try to satisfy their own agenda, which is to create DNA and genetic stock that is clean enough to foster new physical life forms that are capable of regeneration and birth for their race.

Source

Coincidence?

... robot probes, which land on distant moons. (Moons are stable over billions of years.) They will then create a robot factory capable of reproducing themselves by the millions. Then they will shoot off to distant moons, and create even more robot factories. Starting with just one robot, eventually there is a sphere of trillions of these robots, expanding at near the speed of light, exploring the galaxy. This may sound fantastic, but it is happening in your body.
This probe can be a virus, which can colonize trillions of your cells in a matter of two weeks, giving you a cold. In the same way, these robot probes can explore the entire galaxy in just 100,000 years. Then they will wait until an intelligent species rises from the primeval swamp. This is the basic plot line behind 2001, the most realistic encounter with ET.

Is this theory or fact? Here we see another movie based on this.

Star and flag for you OP!

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Cool, thanks quintar.

I also found this to be a pretty interesting, and true excerpt:

And also remember that we must leave the Earth in the far future, due to ice ages (perhaps 10,000 years in the future), meteor impacts (perhaps 10 million years in the future) and the death of the sun itself (5 billion years from now). And when we do, it will be absolutely essential that we modify ourselves, or perish. There is no other choice.

Sooner or later, we HAVE to find other planets to either live on or terraform.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I've seen and heard this already in one of his videos. One of the things about time travel is being able to get back to our own time line if really necessary. I feel that many people may already be experiencing time travel through OBE. The notion that it's imperative to physically time travel seems to be our biggest mistake. Imagine if you could time travel within your own genetics to one of your great grandchildren or just in a spiritual sense. There's so much we still take for granted by not knowing enough about actual life after death and the possibilty of immortality. Most likely alien species have solved this problem. Many aliens may travel here as entities.........Less is more?

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by aleon1018

Many aliens may travel here as entities.

Hmmm, perhaps the alternative to a robotic type body Dr. Kaku is referring to?

It would certainly be cool if you could transfer yourself into a metaphysical state.

new topics

top topics

join